Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Mine changes a lot-- currently it's ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL by Jet, that marvy, groovetastic song that sounds like its straight out of 1967. I love everything about it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
(odd, I replied to this but it didn't go through)
My current favs are still "Maps" by the Yeah yeah yeahs and "My Immortal" by Evanescence (the test is when I find myself cranking up the volume when they come on the radio while I'm working). Nothing has supplanted these two yet. I am getting into Liz Phair's "Extraordinary" and Avril Levigne's latest, "Don't Tell Me". A couple more listens and they might get the top spot.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That Jet song is good Lash but their latest is my favorite, Cold Hard Bitch. That's the song I crank when it comes on the radio. Still like the full band version of My Immortal and Maps, which just started getting airplay around here, has started to grow on me.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I haven't heard COLD HARD BITCH yet! If it's anywhere as good as ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL, I'm getting their CD!

I still love MAPS, too, and need to get the Yeah Yeah Yeahs cd. That sing REALLY grows on you by the third or so listen...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
Palmcorder Yajna by the Mountain Goats & Catch Me Up by Gomez.

can't seem to take the 'Goats off the stereo at the moment.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a sucker for cover songs so my iPod is groovin' to Blister in the Sun by Guster, Here I Am (Signed Sealed Delivered) by Blue and Angie Stone (and Stevie Wonder?), I Fought the Law by Green Day, Everybody Hurts by Dashboard Confessional, and Wonderwall by Ryan Adams.

[ April 05, 2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I've just bought Evanescence's album Fallen, and listen to it over and over all day long at work - especially "Going Under" - superb stuff.

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet is superb - agree with you there Lashypoo - haven't heard their other one yet.

The first single by Maroon 5 was excellent too, but can't remember its bloomin' name. Very soulful / Paul Rogers-y.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Psychout:

can't seem to take the 'Goats off the stereo at the moment.

They'll break the turntable if you leave them up there! [Cool]

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm getting quite addicted to the Scissor Sisteers album - it's Elton John and the Bee Gees for the 21st Century, with a brilliant dancey version of Comfortably Numb too.... pure cheesetastic stuff.

Also listening to By The Way by the Chilli Peppers - esp Cabron and Throw away your Television.... and HA by the wonderful Talvin Singh....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Digging back into the archives, I've been listening to "Reading Writing & Arithmatic" by the Sundays way too much. I looked up the lyrics on the net the other day, so now I even understand what they are. I've had that album for years (on semi-permananent loan) mostly because I always liked "Here's Where The Story Ends" but lately I realized the whole album stands up too.

I've also been on a big fat R.E.M. kick lately, which happens every 3 or 4 months or so (mostly the older stuff.)

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Switchblade and Little Hung-over You off Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers' latest, ˇAmericano!, and half the songs on Audioslave.

[ April 07, 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Pov ]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Digging back into the archives, I've been listening to "Reading Writing & Arithmatic" by the Sundays way too much.

I LOVE that album! One of my all-time favorites! I remember seeing them in a cramped (literally packed like sardines)club called Toad's Place in CT. Harriet Wheeler sounded amazing, though her voice was almost hoarse by the end of the night.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Digging back into the archives, I've been listening to "Reading Writing & Arithmatic" by the Sundays way too much.

I LOVE that album! One of my all-time favorites!
I love it too! One of my favorites of the early 90s! I agree, the whole thing is great.

--------------------

DrakeB3004

My new latest fav is a song I fell for the second time I heard it -- Alanis Morrisette's "Everything" from her new album.

Beyond the facade
You see everything
You see every part
You see all my light
and you love my dark
You take everything
of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
and you're still here

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Numf El:
I've just bought Evanescence's album Fallen, and listen to it over and over all day long at work - especially "Going Under" - superb stuff.

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet is superb - agree with you there Lashypoo - haven't heard their other one yet.

The first single by Maroon 5 was excellent too, but can't remember its bloomin' name. Very soulful / Paul Rogers-y.

I'm with you on these songs! The Jets' new (Bitch) song sounds a lot like AC/DC to me. Love it! I also liked Maroon 5's first single, and I like the one that's currently on heavy rotation on VH1. They remind me of Jemeroqui (sp?). I'm actually over Evanescence already, though I think back on them fondly. I'm sure I'll be more proactive on any new material they put out.

I like Joss Stone and her cd is always sold out in the two stores I go to the most. I'll actually have to go out of my way to find that thing, I guess!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.