Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Recently a song slipped under my radar and became my latest favorite.

It's EVERYBODY WANTS YOU by Josh Kelly. A meloncholy, melodious little ditty. Who the hell is Josh Kelly anyway?

Current runner-up is EXTRAORDINARY by Liz Phair.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I haven't heard COLD HARD BITCH yet! If it's anywhere as good as ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL, I'm getting their CD!

That's wierd... The rock stations here were playing CHB while AYGBMG was still just a jingle for a Tartget commercial.

"Beautiful Night" byt the Burten Brothers (sp) is my current anthem. "I Want A Girl" by Johnny Clueless is always a guilty pleasure for me.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like "They," by Jem and "Fool In the Rain," the Led Zep song remade by ??.

The alt. station I listen to has also been playing "Tone of the Home" by Blind Melon lately. Never heard it before. It rocks quite hard for the "No Rain" band.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Duality" by Slipknot's a rockin' good tune!
[Band] [Band] [Band]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Mad About the Boy, as sung by Gertrude Lawrence.

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Not my favorite by any means, but a new song just quirky and catchy enough to stick in my head--

"Float On" by Modest Mouse, or "The Scary Sheep Video". [Wink]

I've caught it several times as one of MTV's Buzzworthy clips while exercising in the morning, and it grabbed my attention as something different from all the pop and mainstream rock out there. The singer reminds me of David Byrne and Roger Waters, and the jangly guitar hook and bassline get me going. Fun song.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been given a promo of the new Girls Aloud single - and it's BRILLIANT! It's called The Show! It goes:

"Shoulda known, shoulda cared, shoulda hung around the kitchen in my underwear"

[ June 07, 2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Comet King ]

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved the article on them in the latest Heat magazine. I'm looking forward to hearing their song now.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Currently it's "What Holds The World Together" by American Music Club.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just saw Eurotrip for the first time, so I'm quite unable to get "Scotty Doesn't Know" out of my head...nor do I particularly want to! [Wink]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Also, Emma Bunton's (Baby Spice) "The Crickets Sing For Anamaria" is rather marvellous

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:
I just saw Eurotrip for the first time, so I'm quite unable to get "Scotty Doesn't Know" out of my head...nor do I particularly want to! [Wink]

I just want to know, what doesn't Scotty know?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
HWW: Fool in the Rain is definately a Led Zeppelin song, and a candidate for my favorite song of all time!

And Yeah Yeah Yeahs fans, I think there is a live performance at the upcoming MTV video music awards...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:

I just want to know, what doesn't Scotty know?
The song is written by this guy (Matt Damon) in the movie who's been sleeping around with Scotty's girlfriend, Fiona (played by Kristin Kreuk)... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
HWW: Fool in the Rain is definately a Led Zeppelin song, and a candidate for my favorite song of all time!

Yes, but who does the remake?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.