Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
HWW: Fool in the Rain is definately a Led Zeppelin song, and a candidate for my favorite song of all time!

Yes, but who does the remake?
The remake is by O.A.R. (...of a revolution), a group out of Columbus, OH.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops! I never even knew a remake existed!

Now I have to decide whether I want to hear it, or put it off, since I don't like hearing my favorite songs being covered... [Smile]

(the great decision of music listening...)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've only heard the full version of the remake from a live MP3. But iTunes actually has the studio version available for 99 cents. And you can hear the first couple of minutes (maybe less) of the studio version at their website: http://www.ofarevolution.com/site2003/rrpop/rrpop.html
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Scott.

I understand your concerns, Cobie. Remaking Led Zep is like standing on a building and hoping no one notices when you jump off naked.

But O.A.R.'s version is faithful to the original. In fact, it was about midway through it when I noticed there was an extra guitar part and that it wasn't Robert Plant singing.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Since we are talking remakes, what is everyone's (or anyone's) opinion of Limp Bizkit's remake of The Who's Behind Blue Eyes?

Generally I like it. The background spacey music is distracting and that weird middle section "Discover" is just maddening. Otherwise I think its a pretty decent cover.

JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't really have a favorite from it, but I'm really enjoying the "Fallen" album by Evanescence. The cover used to haunt me everytime I saw it in the store (that girl is way past cute!!!), and after hearing good things about them around on the board, checked out some 30-second samples of their sound via Amazon. After that, I had to have the album! [Wink]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Pex the Unalive:
Don't really have a favorite from it, but I'm really enjoying the "Fallen" album by Evanescence. The cover used to haunt me everytime I saw it in the store (that girl is way past cute!!!), and after hearing good things about them around on the board, checked out some 30-second samples of their sound via Amazon. After that, I had to have the album! [Wink]

Pex, you are a good man! I think the others are tiring of my undying devotion to Amy Lee's awesome voice. I've gotten a copy of Evanescence's Origin album (small label pressing, very limited) and just about every MP3 I could find. I've been listening to the group every day at work since the first commercial for Daredevil featured Bring Me To Life.

You should check out http://www.evanescence.com. They have all of their videos, including the latest for Everybody's Fool, available to view.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Scott, I'm more tired of the overplayed songs (the 2 of them). But, I do agree their stuff is great. I wish the radio would move on to some of the other songs on the albumn.

Have you heard the Seether song "Broken"? She does a great job there as well.

[ June 11, 2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Scott, I'm more tired of the overplayed songs (the 2 of them). But, I do agree their stuff is great. I wish the radio would move on to some of the other songs on the albumn.

Have you heard the Seether song "Broken"? She does a great job there as well.

I have CJ. I bought the Punisher Soundtrack specifically for the version of the song with Amy's vocals. And I whole-heartedly admit to the overplay on Bring Me To Life and My Immortal (which got more airplay than Going Under around here). And I can't seem to get my local station to play their latest, Everybody's Fool, while I'm listening. I'm just patiently waiting for the next album.
JR Loflin
Stay Ace!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Loflin   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Pex, you are a good man! I think the others are tiring of my undying devotion to Amy Lee's awesome voice. I've gotten a copy of Evanescence's Origin album (small label pressing, very limited) and just about every MP3 I could find. I've been listening to the group every day at work since the first commercial for Daredevil featured Bring Me To Life.

You should check out http://www.evanescence.com. They have all of their videos, including the latest for Everybody's Fool, available to view.

Heh, I don't blame you one bit for listening to them every day, since I do the same thing to Ace of Base (my personal favorite band/group). And Amy does have an incredible voice, no question about it!

I'll definitely be checking out their site. [Smile]

--------------------
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

From: Outpost Gallifrey | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so ashamed!

My latest favorite song is by... Ashlee Simpson.

Y'know, that song that breaks off into the line "all the pieces, pieces, pieces of me..."?

Ashlee has a little edge to her, unlike the chirp-pop fluff of her sister Jessica.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash! Don't be ashamed -- I love that song [Smile] (yes, it's called "pieces of me", big surprise)... I'm such a teenage girl at heart - I'm also really into Avril's latest "Happy Ending" (I think that's the title) - Slipknot's going to have to release another single for me to regain my masculinity...

[ August 29, 2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
heh!

I've heard a couple songs from Ashlee's cd... I am actually considering getting it...

PEICES OF ME is still my latest favorite song, by the way.

The only new song that comes close to that is 1985... but it hasn't overtaken Ashlee yet, for me.

Oh, and I like the new Linkin Park single too... definite potential to overtake Ashlee's spot as my latest favorite song. We'll see.

[ August 30, 2004, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
- Slipknot's going to have to release another single for me to regain my masculinity...

You got something against their latest, Duality? Its one of my current faves. Along with Getting Away with Murder by Papa Roach and Vitamin R by Chevelle.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You got something against their latest, Duality?

?? I loved Duality - I listed it earlier in this thread actually (page3), but that was a couple of months ago. I was saying that I've been too into girlie music lately though.

[ August 30, 2004, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.