Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
About two months ago the song I was obsessed with was "Little Talks" by Of Monster and Men.

Lately it's the Lumineers "Hey Ho" and Naked and Famous "Young Blood".

I also was obssessed all summer with Rodrigio y Gabriella, especially "Tamacun".

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh, and my throwback jam of the summer was "I Believe" by Blessed Union of Souls.

I don't care if anyone thinks that its cheesy. To me it still feels as powerful as it did when I was 12.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Bee Gees, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and the Foo Fighters. All greatest hits on my mp3.

Wow. Tired I am...Fave song lately has been Best of you by the Foo Fighters...followed by Nights on Broadway by the Bee Gees (which makes me smile because I think of the Barry Gibb Talk show when I hear it. The one bit of genius by Jimmy Fallon on SNL.)

[ September 21, 2012, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Dev - Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"Youngblood" by Naked & Famous.

And this was the summer of the Black Keys for sure. "Little Black Submarines" was epic.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
And this was the summer of the Black Keys for sure. "Little Black Submarines" was epic.

I find that song very similar to Stairway to Heaven...
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I get obsessed with obscure rock/pop songs that I haven't heard in quite awhile, Most recently being Manfred Mann's version of "For You"

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
I get obsessed with obscure rock/pop songs that I haven't heard in quite awhile, Most recently being Manfred Mann's version of "For You"

I love a lot of Manfred Mann's songs from Out of Africa, especially Redemption Song and Eyes of Nostradamus.

To think, this is a band famous for 'Blinded by the Light,' which is, ugh.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:

I love a lot of Manfred Mann's songs from Out of Africa, especially Redemption Song and Eyes of Nostradamus.

Did Manfred Mann ever actually do any original songs?
[Razz]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:

Did Manfred Mann ever actually do any original songs?
[Razz]

They got lucky 3 times with Bruce Springsteen songs, so they might at least owe him some money!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's nothing wrong with recording songs written by other artists--it used to be the norm before The Beatles showed how artists could make a ton of money as songwriters! [Smile]

And I'm sure Bruce makes a mint every time somebody records one of his songs. Another favorite of mine: Patti Smith's "Because the Night, co-written by Patti and Bruce.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

AWOL Nation has a couple of awesome songs that are getting some airplay on alternative radio.

Gaslight Anthem's "45" is also pretty groovy.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I also was obssessed all summer with Rodrigio y Gabriella, especially "Tamacun".

Si!!!

I wouldn't say this is my favorite song or anything - but I heard the song, "Mercy" by the Welsh singer Duffy for the first time in a department store with my wife the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZEVA5dy-Y

and it made me start dancing right there in the store.

I never heard of her before, but I really thought it was an old Motown song or something. Sort of "Amy Winehouse"-y.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah, its a few years old, and it's pretty fantastic. Duffy is pretty awesome all around. She has a lot of fast songs like Mercy and slow ballads, all in the style of early / mid 1960's motown yet with a very modern twist.

She was part of the 'movement' Amy Whinehouse started and now Adele is clearly leading.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
My vocal hero (Maurizio Iacono) has himself a little side project.

While I'm pretty sure I am the only one here who will actually like the music, the concept is right up Cobie's alley.

This is considered "Epic Roman Metal"

I, Caligvla - Ex Deo

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
FEEL SO CLOSE by Calvin Harris. This song kicks ASS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT2R0P7mWBw

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.