Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Rockstar INXS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Rockstar INXS
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone watching this. It's my new summer guilty pleasure. The level of talent blows American Idol away. So far, I'm liking just about all of the contestants. Some of the standouts for me are Marty, Heather, J.D., Jordis, Neal, Tara and Ty.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We watched last night's show (missed Monday's because I love Hell's Kitchen). Caroline didn't care for it but I liked it a hell of a lot more than Idol. Good to see the rockers getting a chance.

And I think the girls are kicking butt. I don't know the name of the first performer last night (the redhead who did the Jefferson Airplane song) but she was great. As was Jordis. Jordis reminds me of a harder-edged Amy Lee.

Can't say any of the guys really stood out for me except for Ty.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Heather is the redhead. She's really good - edgy. I can see her as the legitimate front "man" to a rock band.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought she was dead-on last night. It was like she was channeling Grace Slick.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the thread title and thought it was a rather late thread about whether Michael Hutchence committed suicide or masturbated himself to death.

Oops, my bad.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I was about to reply to your post Numf but as I started to type "Devil Inside" started up on my radio.

Guess I'll just let it speak for itself.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Numf-El:
I saw the thread title and thought it was a rather late thread about whether Michael Hutchence committed suicide or masturbated himself to death.

Oops, my bad.

Really? I never knew this. Poor boy, sounds like he could have used a hand. [Big Grin]

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

(Edited to add appropriate embarassment gremlins.)

[ July 13, 2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Great performances pretty much all around tonight, much more even than last week. And I coined a new phrase according to Caroline. I love Jordis, I think she exudes an "Amy-essence".
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Great performances pretty much all around tonight, much more even than last week. And I coined a new phrase according to Caroline. I love Jordis, I think she exudes an "Amy-essence".

[Confused] Scott, I thought the new episode wasn't on until tonight. I hope I didn't miss it. [Frown]
Lightning Lad
Founder

Crap, maybe different locations have different times? Episode two for the week was last night. Here they show it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Monday is their rock makeover or something show. Never see it because it conflicts with Hell's Kitchen.

Tuesday is the hour long sing-off and voting.

Wednesday is the elimination where the bottom three have to perform an INXS song.

Are you getting three a week? I wouldn't put it past the UT market to be different than the rest of the nation.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Argghhh!!! Scott - I missed it. I thought it was on Wednesday and Thursday. So instead of watching BB6 (which is boring me) I popped in a DVD (Bourne Identity). We are getting it 3 times a week on the same schedule as you. Last week they repeated it on Saturday, but no such luck this week. Damn. I'll have to be satisfied with the snippets they show on tonight's elimination episode.

[ July 20, 2005, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Crap! And I've already deleted it from my TiVo or I could have at least made you a sound recording (if not a DVD) from it. Too bad this isn't NBC, then you could be sure that Bravo would repeat it.
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Don't you think the level of talent is amazing on Rock Star? I mean, how did they find 15 superb performers, when American Idol is lucky to find one or two mediocre performers. I suspect that part of American Idol's problem is it's format - trying to fit individuals into a cookie cutter mold. If they'd let the singers do what they do best and realize that they can't be everything, then it would be a more interesting show.

I can't help but wonder how Bo Bice and Nadia Turner would fare on Rock Star.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Miles ahead of any of the so-called singing talent shows. Bo was one of the few bright spots of last year's AI but none of the previous years touch the talent, IMO, of Rock Star.

BTW, I didn't erase last night's episode yet. If you want I can make up some MP3 of the performances and let you know when they are ready and where to grab them.

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Typical... Show's about an Aussie Rock Band... and we don't even get it here in OZ.
I hate marketers, distributors and television executives. If only being an executive meant you were about to get executed.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.