Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So what are you WATCHING? (Page 41)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  78  79  80   
Author Topic: So what are you WATCHING?
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to give FlashForward a try tonight. I figure I'll at least stick with it 'til Dominic Monaghan turns up. I watched Lost from the get-go in large part due to him being on it, so maybe lightning will strike twice.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed Flash Foward.

I saw W. by Oliver Stone. Eh. Some things I liked some I didn't.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:

Rabbit-Proof Fence. Australia's "Stolen Generation" in the early 20th Century. Living history, paralleled in the U.S., of course.

Pretty much paralleled by every civilization known to man, including the one that proceeded Europe's visit to this big continent.

I saw this one on the shelves at the library but I'd have to be in a certain mood to pick it up. Even though the topic interests me, I'd always find an excuse to get a more "fun" movie. Typically, after seeing it I chastized myself for waiting so long.

My latest:

Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

Dial-up isn't condusive to seeing this as it was released on the internet so I was particularly happy to see it in DVD form.

As fun as advertised. Some catchy toons that won't leave the head so that can be a problem. .

[ October 04, 2009, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Flash Forward is okay, that's the one about everyone passing out and seeing the future?
I prefer Bones, though.

Smallville is still pretty merky,but I love the Tower stainedglass windows.
Beautiful visuals there, sigh.

The Diva show with the dead girl in the lawyer girl's body is okay but I missed the 1st one so I don't know what happened to the lawyer girl's soul ~ why the body's alive but the soul's gone, so I don't really watch it regularly.

LOVE Fringe and enjoyed the first House but have missed the others (keep forgeting Monday TV.)

Now, I'm just waiting for the first new Stargate and Sanctuary.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
'House' was good this week!
I'm glad to see him not so angry and hurtful.
He was actually funny playing charades during the conference and wonderful when he helped the neighbor!

Catch 'The Forgotten' if you can, on Tuesday nights at 10. It has a great cast with Christian Slater and fantastic stories.
Wow!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
House remains good.

Glee is a delightful surprise, I was fearing a "hipper, edgier" Fame, but instead found it to be intelligent, funny, surreal, dark, and convoluted. Besides, I'm nuts for Jane Lynch.

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Flashforward : I'm liking this series - the way it's building the mystery, the personal stuff interweaved with the worldwide emergency/conspiracy stuff, etc. They clearly have an idea in mind for what's behind all this. I imagine the series will reboot to a degree once we catch up to the flashforward, (another flashforward?) so I'll stick with it for now.

Community : I wasn't expecting much, but this show is really funny! It's a lot smarter than it seems from the commercials and the oddball cast meshes well. And despite Joel McHale's smarminess, it also has heart.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency"

As always, I'm a year or two behind those with cable. This is one of those shows that manages to be both funny and touching at the same time, with hilarious end credits to boot.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Eastwick, ok my wife made me watched it...damn I like it. Have to suck up the macho stuff and admit it. Yes it's Charmed meets Desperate Housewives (2 shows I hate) but technically Eastwick is older than both(the books). I always heard the books were really good. And I'm a sucker for small towns in New England especially Rhode Island.

Still enjoying Flash Foward. Loving Fringe! My Smallville viewing always had lots of fast foward. Not a fan of the emotional drama soft music playing parts. It's been less of that lately which is good.

Haven't caught up with Amazing Race(my fave reality show) or Survivor(eh). I have been watching Top Chef: Las Vegas. (love top chef...i just can't afford to be a foodie anymore in this economy).

Darn, I'm watching LOTS of things. Clash of the Gods(History channel), The Community(2nd episode was to die for!), The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Medium, Psych, Heroes, Three Sheets, and Sanctuary just taped this week! whew!

No wonder I don't post as much anymore. Don't worry I still have a life. I do exercise regularly. [Wink]

I heard LIE TO ME is great but don't have the time. I'm also watching Wolverine and the X-Men(pretty good) and a DVD class on mythology.

Movies? I just watched Witness for the Prosecution(directed by Billy Wilder) and The Prophecy(the angel thing with Walken). I'm sure I forgot something. The bad economy has me staying home more. [Big Grin]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
'House' was great this week and so was 'The Forgotten'.
Good stories and good acting.

I'd like to see 'Where the Wild Things Go' (or something like that, my memory is killing me.)

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Harry Potter pentology.

My third time trying to get through it but this time I was determined.

Goblet was my favorite, I really enjoyed this one. The first three, I pat myself on the back for completing them but other than the Weasleys, Hagrid and Snape, didn't much care for story or character. The fifth one just struck me as bad; a disjointed telling of cliches.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Big Bang Theory is the only thing I watch regularly.

Catching some NCIS/NCIS:LA on demand. Like both shows...just not motivated enough to catch them when they air.

Waiting for Lost, and that new show with Andre Braugher, Scott Bakula and Ray Ramano.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I saw Shadows & Fog by Woody Allen. The setting is similar to a late 1800s Victorian London...yet everyone is American.

It has a Jack the Ripper type murderer. The rest of the film is Woody Allen running around in you guessed it...Shadows and Fog.

I didn't care for it. Everyone in it is famous but I was pretty disappointed.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

My scary movies for Halloween experiment is going bad. I watched The Prophecy (Christopher Walken) I remember loving it when it first came out. Scariest part is Viggo Mortensen as the devil. But I didn't love it the 2nd time around. So much potential and they fail to deliver.

I decided to give the Prophecy 2 a chance...it was really bad. I will not give Prophecy 3 a chance.

I am going to watch Unknown tonight (James Caviezel, Greg Kinnear, Bridget Moynahan, Joe Pantoliano and Barry Pepper). Not a "scary" movie but suspenseful I believe.

btw, I DON'T do scary movies! Yes all 6'1" 270lbs of me can't take them. I basically get in a fight/flight response for 2 hours and don't enjoy it. (I did watch Vacancy recently and enjoyed it thought)

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Just saw the Korean film Sympathy For Lady Vengeance (Park Chan-wook) at a buddy's place last week.

Recommended for you mystery/thriller fans who love striking visuals (along with a little violence and sex). A woman gets out of jail after doing time for murdering a kid. You get a series of interlocking flashbacks and other characters' parallel narratives as she sets in motion an elaborate plan (harking back somewhat to films like Lang's 'M'). Some of the turns and twists are preposterous as hell, but so what? It's normal enough in this kind of story.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 80 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  78  79  80   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.