Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Rumor Has It...AWFUL!!!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rumor Has It...AWFUL!!!
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Aye caramba. I saw this movie today. I wouldn't have seen it, but my friends wouldn't go see anything I wanted to see (King Kong, Memoirs of a Geisha) so we saw this. The only saving graces were Shirley MacLaine (so funny) and Mark Ruffalo (so cute). I usually like Jennifer Aniston, but she seemed to be phoning it in. The whole movie just made no sense. It MIGHT make a nice rainy day diversion on cable or HBO, but don't waste your $$$ at the theater!
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Mark Ruffalo is giving Dermott Mulroney a run for his money when it comes to "boyfriend who isn't supposed to overshdow his leading lady" roles.

[ December 26, 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

That's funny you said that. I also saw this week "The Family Stone" and realized that Mark and Dermott are basically playing the same roles in all the romantic "comedies" these days.
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I suspect now that he's off "Alias", Michael Vartan will be taking a few jobs away from those two to become a contender as well...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Mark Ruffalo is way cuter then Dermott.

Though it is a neck and ncek race between Ruffalo and Vartan...

sorry the movie sucked Jack.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
knowjack, it's time for new friends - at least for movie-going. [Wink]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Luckily, I do have a group of friends who will go see "quality" stuff, but not the two I went with to "Rumor Has It".

I'm off tomorrow and I'm going to see CAPOTE. Tired of waiting for someone to go see it with me!

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
Mark Ruffalo is way cuter then Dermott.

Though it is a neck and ncek race between Ruffalo and Vartan...

sorry the movie sucked Jack.

Rtvu2, I dug Ruffalo's stuff in "13 Going On 30" and the mo he sported in that Meg Ryan flick made him ultra-sexy...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Ruffalo was so excellent in "You Can Count on Me" that I wiil cut him a ton of slack for all these crappy movies he's doing. His performance in that movie is probably one of my all time favorites.
DrakeB3004

He was so great in "You Can Count on Me" - rather than give him slack, it makes me sad to see him doing such predictable commercial crap when he coul be doing a lot more (he was good in "Collateral" though).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.