Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Carl Kolchak Now Stalks from the Other Side - Darren McGavin Passes Away

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Carl Kolchak Now Stalks from the Other Side - Darren McGavin Passes Away
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Darren McGavin, one of my inspirations when I wanted to be a reporter, passed away this morning at 83. Night Stalker was probably one of my all time favorite sci-fi/horror shows, right up there with Dark Shadows. And his turn as the Old Man, better known as Ralphie's dad, in A Christmas Story, makes me laugh every year.

Last year I sent two corrections into the Sci-Fi channel's news director who incorrectly reported that McGavin had passed away a few years before. He had been in poor health ever since his wife died in 2003.

Two great character actors in one day. This weekend just sucks.

R.I.P.

[Frown]

[ February 25, 2006, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Eek!] [Frown] Dangit! Somebody put a watch on Abe Vigoda for the rest of today!

Maybe the Old Man'll find the angel they used to cast his lamp... [Evil] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Abe Vigoda...

He celebrated his 85th birthday yesterday.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh man... I was just rushing over here to post
this ... can't beat Scott on these things.

Wow. Abe Vigoda was younger than I thought he
was during Barney Miller ...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Tis a shame about Mr. McG...I only just heard that Don Knotts had handed in his deputy sherriff's badge a couple of days ago, too... [Frown]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I just remembered, McGavin's widow, Kathie Browne had been in an episode of STAR TREK as one of Kirk's many admirers...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Technically Darren was the widower. Kathie passed away three years ago.

Here is a pic of Kathie as Deela in the episode "Wink of an Eye".

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Yeah, Scott, I knew that - but thanks anyway. Also, regarding the Deela-Kirk pikkie, she was very attractive...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.