Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Best News Story of the Year - Jason McElwain - you'll have tears in your eyes

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best News Story of the Year - Jason McElwain - you'll have tears in your eyes
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One news report on this amazing story

This was all over the news here in New England on Friday night and Sat. morning, but it didn't occur to me to post it today. My Dad couldn't even tell me about it without choking up and I luckily could find various news reports on it.

Jason McElwain, a high school senior was manager of his high school basketball team for four years. He is autistic, and had never played in a game--until the final game on Friday night. Watch the video. I guarantee, if you're not crying, you'll tear up.

This is a real story and I can't help but watch it over and over. Just watch the crowd (it doesn't show, but other reports show that they carried him out on their shoulders).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Agree. What a great story.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Just wow.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.