Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The Dark Knight Official Thread ... Spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Official Thread ... Spoilers
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the intent of the first movie was to lead into an arms race of sorts? This Batman (as well the other movie batmans) is pretty much a dim bulb with a technological head start and an as yet unseen complicent accountant skimming funds off of Wayne Enterprises.

Instead of the next "super criminal," be nice if they'd step out of the box they've put them selves in with these movies and show some creativity, show the detective side, show some intrigue.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I read this a couple of places today. Anthony Michael Hall is joining the cast as a major, mystery character.

quote:
"I signed a confidentiality agreement, and I can't say which part I'm playing because it affects the story," Hall told the Los Angeles Daily News. "I can't give away the suspense—it's a $200 million surprise, and I don't want to be the guy to ruin it."
What character could he be. We already have The Joker and Harvey Dent (as Two-Face, not sure yet). So are they already going the way of over-featuring the villains or is there some hero Hall can portray? Certainly not Robin.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hall will play the *REAL* Joker. Ledger is a red herring in the plot.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Hall will play the *REAL* Joker. Ledger is a red herring in the plot.

They won't pull that trick twice, surely...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Apologies if someone else started a thread already, I can't find it.

Saw a Midnight showing. This is a damn good movie. Everyone is fantastic. Heath Leadger as Joker is so good. He just disappears into the role. Great action, really funny one liners and lots of tense moments. Aaron Eckhert as Harvey Dent/Two-Face is good but overshadowed by Joker.

Only negative is that the movie is over 2hours and 45 minutes long. Movie started at 12:02 and when the credits roled it was 2:45.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you about Two-Face being overshadowed by the Joker. I was sure that Click Here For A Spoiler Two-face was to be the villian in the next movie. It was good that they used him here. It made perfect sense and wasn't a "let's throw two villians together" Poison Ivy/Mr. Freeze team-up

This is definitely a case of the sequel being even better that the first film.

It is a long film, but worth it. I know at one point I thought "OK that's the end", but it wasn't.

One gripe I heard after the film was Click Here For A Spoiler What happened to the Joker? Did he get arrested or what? Did Batman just leave him hanging?"

Not revealed in the movie but my thought Click Here For A Spoiler the detonators for the two ferry boats would have blown up the boat it was on. A real Joker twist. I loved the convict who goes "I'll do what you should have done 10 minutes ago" and then tosses the detonator out the window.

I will definitely be seeing this again in the theater.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
One gripe I heard after the film was Click Here For A Spoiler What happened to the Joker? Did he get arrested or what? Did Batman just leave him hanging?"

I heard Click Here For A Spoilerhe OD'd while waiting for a massage... [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
So... who is Michael Anthony Hall's 200-Million dollar surprise character? Spoil away folks!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Just check on IMDB. He wasn't any recognizable chatracter and I doubt he got 200 thousand.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Anthony Michael Hall's super-surprise, top secret character was...

M
A
J
O
R

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

... a reporter! [Eek!] [Confused]

I've heard some people speculate that he could be Jack Ryder (aka the Creeper) but the names don't match and other than the fact that they're both reporters there's no connection.

His character does pop up here and there throughout the film though so maybe he just got a bit over-excited about having more than just a bit-part in such a major Hollywood film.

As for the film itself - EXCELLENT!!!

I thought the first one was only OK but this one blew me away. It's so much more than just a good comic-book movie. It's an exciting and intricately plotted, acted, directed, filmed, scored, everythinged movie in and of itself!

But what I mainly loved about it was that it was also a great Batman story.

There were great Batman scenes; Bruce Wayne scenes; Alfred and Lucius Fox scenes; tense, oppressive Gotham scenes as well as some awesome international intrigue and action in Hong Kong; 3(count 'em!) of Batman's best rogues (plus a nod to a more recent DCU one toward the end); crooked cops; powerful gangsters; more death-traps than you can shake a stick at; cool gadgets; even cooler vehicles; wicked twists and turns; some *amazing* action set-pieces... the list goes on and on.

I don't normally see a movie at the cinema more than once but I may just break that habit for this one.

Be warned though - this is a very DARK movie. So if you are hoping for something that's anything like the 60s show, or were thinking of taking young kids along, I'd recommend changing your mind.

[ July 22, 2008, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was in the opening night crowd, after avoiding all press on the movie except for the news of Ledgers untimely death.

His Joker was absolutely psychotic and I can see how much he put into the performance.

The only little gripe I had was the length of the movie, like Quislet I thought the end had been reached twice before the real ending.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a real lot to say, but I'll get to it later. Just saw it.

And yes, its better than the first one. It actually makes a case for best super-hero movie of all time. Better than Iron Man, better than Batman Begins, waaaaay better than the Spider-Mand and X-Men films. I'm just so impressed.

And its a very dark movie. Not really that happy. But Gordon shines, Lucius Fox shines, Maggie Gyllenhal does a far superior job than Katie Holmes, Michael Caine is great as always.

The real star here though? Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Yes, Heath Ledger was amazing (he really was). But wow...Aaron Eckhart...I could definitely call this an oscar worthy performance.

It was powerful, poignant, thought-provoking, and yet had action, comedy, tragedy and genuine super-hero fare and comic book granduer. It was amazing.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
PS - And Click Here For A Spoilerhow about that surprise death? What a great twist! Especially after the bait and switch earlier in the film, which I actually found a little distracting because I knew it just could not be.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw it last Saturday night...and I wanna see it again! Man, I loved this movie!!! I loved the surprises and the creative ways in which the Joker attempted to bring out the worst in human nature.

Like Des sez, though...this is really Harvey Dent's story, and I think Nolan told the absolute best version of Harvey's story in any format. Leaving out spoilers, I'd have to say the way his arc went was the absolute best way to tell the story of Two-Face. The parallels between him and Batman were just transcendent!

And the way the film ended--WOW! This movie didn't follow any formula for making super hero films AT ALL. It was very dark, unflinchingly so, even with a PG-13. I can see why they went with the "Dark Knight" title here.

The only caveat I have, and had with Begins, was Bale's Batman voice. It just sounded kinda silly. I know its consistent with descriptions in the comics, but I wish it were done less...exaggeratedly?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i thought the movie was excellent, i love Bale's portrayal of Batman, but hate the voice. I think he also does a KICK ASS JOB of Bruce Wayne, far better then Keaton's version. The Joker, totally awesome, a different portrayal then Nicholson's, not necessarily better but still different. I thought the continuity of the two movies was well done and i loved Morgan Freeman's portrayal of Lucius Fox, he's awesome.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.