Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » The Dark Knight Official Thread ... Spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Official Thread ... Spoilers
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with Lardy: best portrayal of Harvey Dent in any story format EVER. And he's my favorite Bat-villain (*and* I'm a huge Batman fan).
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately, if you've seen the movie, you know that it's too late for DC to tell Harvey's story as perfectly as the movie did. It's just...perfect!!!

Nicholson's Joker was more like the comic books. Ledger's was a totally different animal, one that fit very frightfully into Nolan's Bat universe, much like the takes on Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul in the first film. I read a review that described Ledger's Joker as being more like the devil than a prankster, and I think that's a pretty good description. There was absolutely NO sign of the teen heartthrob from The Patriot or elsewhere--what an INCREDIBLE acting job! It was both thrilled to experience his take and saddened to know we won't get to see more from this actor who'd come so far.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, just saw it.

The good(amazing): Joker, Jim Gordon(!), Lucius, the Hong Kong scenes (i saw it in IMAX), many of the effects! The Harvey Dent story, and much more!

The not so good? Man, I thought Mary Jane wasn't all that attractive but Maggie no offense is not...well she's not Katie Holmes. No she's not ugly but in the Hollywood world she is...atleast for me. Her brother is prettier. D'oh!

Also some spots were a bit...well it's a hard line when they try really hard to be "realistic" but then aren't. I just thought "why didn't they just do this" like 10 times.

Overall it was really really good! Amazing! But maybe it was the excitement of seeing Iron Man on the big screen for the first time..I like shellhead better.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ledger's Jokers was so good that it makes it all the more tragic we won't ever get to see him go up against Bale as Batman again.

I would definitely not advocate the Joker coming back for say, the third film, but imagine some time down the road if Heath Ledger could have returned for a second Joker/Batman battle in a future Bat-movie. Its too bad we could never see that [Frown] . Certainly, no actor would dare try to be the Joker after this performance. From Brokeback Mountain to Dark Knight, Ledger really churned out some impressive acting muscles.

Click Here For A SpoilerAnother part I thought very poignant was that it was really the corrupt cops (and Maroni) who ended up being the ones truly responsible for Harvey and Rachel's kidnapping and fates. Though the Joker was obviously involved, it underlines an important theme of the Bat-verse, IMO, that normal people, all of us, have the ability to unleash the greatest terror and tragedy.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Cobalt:
From Brokeback Mountain to Dark Knight

Brokebat Mountain?

Brokeback Batcave?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
***possible spoilers if you're good at reading between the lines***

I should also mention that a twist referred to obliquely in some of our posts was, I believe, a first in any movie of the superhero genre (sort of happened in an X-Men movie and in Daredevil, but not quite the same) and one I was really not expecting. It was quite effective and tragic and was really important to the movie in how it related to what I see as the definitive dichotomy that is at the movie's core.

It's really refreshing to see a superhero movie go so outside the box from the basic formula we've seen over and over again in these films.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Some more random thoughts.

I thought Katie Holmes did a better job at playing Rachel Dawes than Maggie Gyllenhal (sp?).

I also don't like the Batman voice. I also don't like the outdoor scenes of Batman on a skyscraper (on both movies) Those scene make me feel that Batman is too small. I mean really, what is he going to see from atop a skyscraper like the Sears Tower and who can see him? My opinion it would have been better to have him on the roof of a smaller old style building that had a gargoyle or decorative top.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't like the Batman voice either. I know they did it like that to make him sound different from Bruce Wayne, and menacing, but I thought it just sounded a bit silly and made me want to giggle every time I heard it.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I agree with Lardy: best portrayal of Harvey Dent in any story format EVER. And he's my favorite Bat-villain (*and* I'm a huge Batman fan).

Enjoy it; I'll NEVER be able to see my favorite Batman villians in a movie.

I mean, what are the Chances of a Clock King/Killer Moth/ Mad Hatter team up? [Razz]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
I didn't like the Batman voice either. I know they did it like that to make him sound different from Bruce Wayne, and menacing, but I thought it just sounded a bit silly and made me want to giggle every time I heard it.

Was it really this bad??? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
quote:

Enjoy it; I'll NEVER be able to see my favorite Batman villians in a movie.

I mean, what are the Chances of a Clock King/Killer Moth/ Mad Hatter team up? [Razz]

<------------------another Killer Moth fan!
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
<--------------- and one who *hates* Charaxes!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<-----------ditto!
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! This might be the biggest collection of Killer Moth fans in history [LOL]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
<------------------another Killer Moth fan![/QB]

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
<--------------- and one who *hates* Charaxes!

quote:
<-----------ditto!

<----------------- Just wanted to use an arrow too!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.