Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » DC Universe Online (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: DC Universe Online
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure someone's already started a thread on this (though I'm too lazy to look!) but if not I'm surprised.

I'm excited for an MMO to finally feature my favorite comic characters, and be able to fight alongside them! My question now is...can I be a Legionnaire!

www.myspace.com/dcuo

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Not yet.

I met with their reps in San Diego, and the Legion is not in the immediate future, so to speak. When the game launches, probably at least a year from now, it'll be Gotham and Metropolis, with some special zones such as Thanagar as a special fighting area and the Temple of Isis and Arkham Asylum as PvP areas.

Paradise Island and Atlantis were the possible expansion packs he mentioned.

The Legion is certainly a possibility, though, he said. They have access to the entire DCU. They haven't worked out the character creation tool (at least they hadn't by San Diego), so who knows what you can make yourself?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if it's humanoid characters only?

I think it would be fun to run around as Krypto, Streaky, or Ace the Bat-Hound...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
They haven't worked out the character creation tool (at least they hadn't by San Diego), so who knows what you can make yourself?

If it comes close to the one in CoH I can guarantee you that there will be a veritable Legion of Vee's Legion running around the DCU! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got one of my favorite pieces of swag from the DCUO booth. A pen with a Bat signal laser pointer in the cap.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter Lad
What is a madman, but a broken genius?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds sweet.

I'm pretty sure their characters are unavailable for gameplay, unless you're a creator of insider of some kind...I'd love to play Anarky!(obscure!...but not really...do a wikipedia, seriously)

But anyway I'm not worried about what their plans are, since they have time and the resources to do it right. I love that Jim Lee is doing a lot for it, I give him a pat on the back!

----------------------
[TimeTrapper]
Counting down the days for the next Lo3W!

--------------------
My homepage
Jus ad Bellum
Shinto

From: Saginaw, MI | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/14/world-premier-of-the-dc-universe-online-official-e3-trailer/

This is looking pretty good to me.

The rumor that I've been hearing is that it may be free to play, dependent on microtransactions to survive.

Should be for both the PS3 and the PC.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never played a MMO game thing before but if I can *finally* sort out my fast-speed internet access in time for this one I might sign up. Will be fun to play alongside DCU characters I think.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I can wait either. Still having fun but it would be really great to be able to team with some of my favorite heroes.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
I eagerly await this too, its been taking too long but if the wait was for improvement and it plays well, then the wait was worth it.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Free to play? If that turns out to be true, I may have to try it. Like Blacula, I've never played an MMO before, but I'd kind of like to hang out in Gotham for while. I wonder if you could play one of Oracle's operatives?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I am very excited about this.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I heard a rumour it's going to cost $14.95 a month to play, and PC and PS3 players can't play together.

Anyone know what City of Heroes costs per month? I've been thinking of checking it out. They've got a 14 day free trial and the Architect Edition is cheap and comes with a month free.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Arachne, most MMO's are around 15 a month (COH is one of them).
I am pretty active in the gaming community so I can confirm a few things (I gets me some insider info [Smile]
The "rumour" that PC and PS3 players cannot play together is not a rumour, it is fact unless something changes dramaticly between now and the release date.
The developers are also in talks with Microsoft to put the game on the 360, but MS are balking at the deal (they don't like the idea of people having access to an online game without paying for xbox live. This is the main sticking point. The DCUO people want the game accessable to everyone who subscribes and MS only want gold members to have access.)
The Idea of a Legion expansion is on the table (along with several others) as possible expansions. If there proves to be a demand for legion, we may get to see them.

As it stands we will be recieving "missions" from established DC heros, in a similiar vein to what we see with COH.

If I hear anything new that has not been released, I'll fill you all in. (BTW, I am really looking forward to this game!!)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Thanks, Ded. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.