Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » DC Universe Online (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: DC Universe Online
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
New DC Online information:

et ready to step in to the DC Universe™ as it comes to life online! DC Universe™ Online, the first action MMO for the PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system has “Gone Gold” and will be available beginning on January 11, 2011.

The game that has everyone buzzing around the globe is almost here. DC Universe Online will be available through most games retailers throughout the US and Europe (including PAL Territories) as well as through several of the most popular game download sites in the US including STEAM® and IGN Direct2Drive®. The retail version of the game includes 30 days of game time and gamers can opt to purchase game time membership packages at the end of the first 30 days. Converting an account to an active, entitled membership does require a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation®Network card (where available). Membership packages are available in 30, 60, 90 and 180-day multi-month discount packs as well as a 1-year pack on both the PC and the PS3™ in the US. Plus, a Lifetime membership is also available for PC only. Also, for those playing on the PC version of the game, DCUO will be included in SOE’s all-in-one Station Access subscription. Here are the game play subscription packages available in the US:

US Pricing and Game Play Subscription Packages:

Suggested retail pricing: USD $49.99(PC) and USD $59.99 (PS3)

* 1 Month - $14.99
* 3 Month - $41.99
* 6 Month - $77.99
* 12 Month - $143.99
* Lifetime Subscription - $199.99 (Available on PC only)

In Europe, the game will officially be shipping throughout the PAL Territories on January 12, 2011 and in the UK and Ireland on January 14, 2011. Since the game is an MMO, it does require an active subscription after the first 30 days, which are included as part of the retail purchase. Converting an account to an active game membership requires a valid credit card or game time card/PlayStation® Network card (where available). Here are the game membership packages available in PAL:

Europe/PAL Territories Game Play Subscription Packages:

* 1 Month - €12.99
* 3 Month - €34.99
* 6 Month - €64.99
* 12 Month - €124.99 (Available on PC only)
* Lifetime Subscription - €179.99 (Available on PC only)

For more information, visit www.dcuniverseonline.com.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone get in on the Beta? I'd like to hear some first hand opinions so far.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
200 dollars for lifetime, i think i will take that up!
whoops that pounds?
Whoops sorry, i have had too much to drink and have totally missed the important part of the subject matter of this topic, i live in canada.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really looking forward to this. And that lifetime sub sure sounds appealing.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
DC Online is going live 01/11/11. [Big Grin]
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, my PC doesn't meet qualifications and I don't have a PS3, so I will be getting a late start to this...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I tried to do the beta, but my PC isn't up to it, either, and my PS3 and wireless connection balked at more than 20 hours of downloads, so I'll be waiting for my disc.

I did have friends who played, however, and they said it was awesome -- especially the character generator. What concerns me is that it played like a more traditional fighting game, even on the PC, relying on combos. I usually try go get through those kinds of games by button-mashing, but that's not enough on some. I have a feeling this will join the pile of games that look really cool and I'd love to play but can't get past the first or second level.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope it's not just a button-smasher, Seymour. I'm hoping for interesting quest-lines and such to go along with the fighting.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Anyone else get up and running yet?
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

I'm up and running Blue! I'm on World 7.. I don't remember the name of the server.. But I'm the Red Talon! He's got Gadgets, Dual Pistols and acrobatics.

I had a LOT of fun messing around with character creation.. but once I got playing i'm struggling with the camera. For some reason, it won't stay locked behind my toon.. instead I have to constantly move it as I move.

I'm I doing something wrong?

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

The camera on the PC version seems to be running all over the place.
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

It's driving me nuts, Blue! I like the game, but why do I have to control the camera when i'm moving? it should be set to stay behind my back.

--------------------

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

We should start a Legion group by the way.. What server are you on?

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on also and having the problem with the camera as well as finding it to be very laggy. Can't say I'm really enjoying it too much (except for character creator of course)

I have Valiant Lad on Brave New World server but don't think I'm happy with the power choices so he may not last.

BTW, how the heck do you get out of the ship? [Razz]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Have you gotten to the point where you meet Superman, Vee?

After you talk to Superman, Oracle tells you to take a teleporter out. The teleporter is that large glowing thing in the corner.

I have made a couple of characters. It wouldn't let me make a Blue Battler, so I am working on making a Power Prince.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.