Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » DC Universe Online (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: DC Universe Online
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll double check but the termianl isn't right at the window I think.
Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
It's right before the Trash room, Vee. If it doesn't have an 'E' over it when you get close, it's the wrong one.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I am looking to find out how to use a controller with the PC version. From playing the PS3 version I think it's much easier to play with a controller.
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Let us know what you find out Blue. That camera thing is annoying.

The terminal you are supposed to hack Vee is after you drop through those transport tubes. you get a cut scene and then it's right there i think.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

It's supposed to be an option but as of yesterday there were bugs indicating that some people were not able to get the option to use controllers.

And Vee, I also saw a post about some players not being able to get off Brainiac's ship.

Maybe you should make another toon on another server and see if you get the same result. I know from experience you can use the same name on different servers.

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

We need to pick a server to play on together.. maybe Virtue and Vice so we can be the Legion of Virtue again?

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give it a shot on Virtue & Vice then.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, made a new toon on Virtue & Vice but the same thing is happening. I drop down from the tube but I do not get a cut scene and there is nothing that flashes or shows an E above it when I get near it. Not sure what else to do.

Guess I'll try to do a little research on their forums to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Made a Power Prince on Virtue and Vice. [Big Grin]
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
In an attempt to make the game a PS3 *and* PC usable game without 'speaking' either 'language,' it's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster that doesn't do either version terribly well, IMO.

City of Heroes and Champions Online are both way easier to move around in, and you aren't limited to having six powers (because having a keyboard with 45 buttons is wasted on a game that's designed to be playable on a gamepad with a half dozen).

I'm kinda surprised at the clunky and limited palette of costume / appearance options. This is Sony, the company that brought us Star Wars Galaxies, which had *incredibly* thorough and captivating character customization options for the various Star Wars races.

Nice cloth textures on the capes, 'though, and I love, love, love that the speedsters can run up walls and stuff (a waist-high wall could be an impassable barrier to a superhero in Champions Online or City of Heroes, if they couldn't fly, super-jump or otherwise get around it!).

I've got a nature dude on Virtue & Vice named Woodwose, but I didn't make it out of the tutorial yet, because I just kept dying and dying and got frustrated.

Turns out having never played a controller game in my life was a bit of a handicap. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if they ever send me my review copy, I'll hop on Virtue and Vice.

Set, I stink at controller games, so your post scares me. But I'll still give it a go.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I've finally, after much coaching from a more controller savvy player, got through the tutorial with one of my characters.

I'm liking some aspects of the creator, even if it lacks the versatility at launch of Champions Online or City of Heroes/Villains.

Six powersets, at launch, which is amazingly few, for a superhero game (or an online game in general, which often have like a dozen classes, with three different 'specs' each, to as many as forty-five classes for a mature MMO like Dark Ages of Camelot).

Nature and Sorcery are 'healing' sets, Gadgets and Mental are 'control' sets and Fire and Ice are 'defense' sets. All six sets have a damage-dealing option, or a secondary option (focused on healing, control or defense, respectively), which is nice for solo vs. group play. (Playing a healer or controller can be tedious in solo play, as it's difficult to heal criminals into submission...)

Each set also has two sub-options. For Nature, it's Shapeshifting (various preset animal forms and abilities) and Plant Control (tangly vines and toxic pollen clouds and the like).

Unlike City of Heroes and Champions, no matter what your power is, you choose an attack form from a different menu entirely, so your plant controller might use energy blasts from his hands, dual pistols, martial arts, a rifle, a melee weapon, etc. I picked hand blasts at first, but didn't like the visual for a plant controller and remade him using a quarterstaff (since I didn't love the bow either).

Since the first plant control power is a vine that shoots out from your hand, snags a distant enemy and drags them to you, it synergized well with the close range limitations of taking a staff (over a gun or bow or energy blasts).

Snag, drag, and beatdown with a wooden stick. A decent in-theme attack style for a plant controller. [Smile]

It's inconveniently simple, for my tastes. It's been observed by friends that I can play Star Fleet Battles, with a 300 page rulebook, but can't keep the rules of chess straight. Similarly, I can play a high-pressure role like raid healer in EverQuest 2, where I've got 40 or so spell icons on my screen and have to be able to find my instant heals and wards in a tenth of a second, and yet having to remember to hit Q and Tab to target and lock something in this game is freaking killing me. [Smile]

Blue Battler
Honorary

Oddly enough, you can't play the PC version with a PS3 Controller (odd because Sony made the game as well as the PS3), but supposedly you can play it using an Xbox Controller. I don't have one of those, but I'll probably pick one up.

Seymour, since there aren't a lot of powers I don't think it will be TOO hard to pick up. I am not a great Console player by any means but I manage to squeak by on Easy. [Big Grin]

Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

I'm enjoying the game, and i'm enjoying the current choices that are available to me. I've not got to play as much as i'd like due to other commitments, however, so I haven't gotten very far. (I did help Flash beat up Grodd!!!!)

That being said, the camera control drives me nuts. Why do I have to move the camera and my toon? Why can't I move the toon and the camera follow like in CoH?

--------------------

Set

So far I've toyed around with (on Virtue & Vice);

Meanstreak - speedster with guns and gadgets (gained super-speed, a super-fast and powerful mind and a crystalline body from the exobytes, and uses them to assemble traps and tricks, otherwise runs around at flash-like speeds and shoots people a lot, totally betrays my obsession with dual-pistol-using speedsters like Killjoy, Serge and Mercury Mercenary). Mentor - Batman.

Woodwose - teen hero whose body has converted to become part plant, and is currently able to cause vines to shoot out and drag people to him, or to erupt from the ground all around him, hurling everyone back. Uses acrobatic movement and a quarterstaff. Mentor - Superman.

Orichalum - a diver who was exposed to exobyte-triggered metamorphosis while attempting to explore an undersea ruin (that was, unknown to her, Atlantean in origin). her skin bonded with the obsidian of the lava flow that destroyed the outpost, and the magical orichalum metal of the mystical artifact she was trying to unearth from the obsidian, making her into a magical golem in the shape of the woman she once was, with flight and sorcery powers. Now, like a certain Zoe, she hungers for more magical artifacts, hoping to gain the ability to reclaim her human form, burned away and transformed. Mentor - Circe.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.