Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » So, what are you listening to? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: So, what are you listening to?
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Tell us!

DO IT!

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lifehouse's "Broken", "Storm" and "Everything" - can't get enough of listening to those songs over and over again

Nickelback's "Gotta Be Somebody" is my current "can't get that outta my head" song

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Barbara Lynn's versions of "Misty Blue" and "What'd I Say ?" (Yay, youtube !)

The only thing better than fabulous R&B is fabulous R&B played by lefty guitarists.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, to our music experts...

I have just watched EDtv for the umpteenth time and the scene where he and the english chick are on the table about to have sex...there is a score of two songs there. I have finally found the first one, Dirty Water, but not by the artist that did it for the movie. I am looking for the second portion. It sounds like it is done by someone with a foreign accent or it actually is foreign language.

I cannot find it and i have looked for it for years. IF anyone knows, please drop me a line and tell me. Thanks, Rick.

By the way, right now i am listening to cobrastrike by the Teddybears. Heard it on the benchwarmers and looked it up. For some reason, i dig it.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ozzy Osbourne, Let It Die. Great first track on his new album, Scream. Probably his best album since No Rest/No More Tears. The band line-up's all new to me, but Ozzy seems to attract stellar musicians. Other standout tracks are the first single, Let Me Hear You Scream and Time Won't Wait but I'm digging the whole album. [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Wake Up Everybody" by John Legend is a phenominal song I've quickly grown to love. I don't know who the female is dueting with him but she's terrific too. The Roots back him and Common, who has basically emerged as my favorite rapper, adds in a solid verse.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
The Monkees -- CHANGES (1970)

"Oh My My" is STILL one of my favorite songs of all time!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Grizzly Bear's _Veckatimest_ CD seems to keep finding its way back into my player. Man, this is a beautiful record.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
KPM 1014: ALL THAT JAZZ -- David Lee (1967)
Ann Hebistand
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann Hebistand           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
"Wake Up Everybody" by John Legend is a phenominal song I've quickly grown to love. I don't know who the female is dueting with him but she's terrific too. The Roots back him and Common, who has basically emerged as my favorite rapper, adds in a solid verse.

Wake Up Everybody was originally written and recorded in the 70s, in my home town of Philadelphia, by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. The Legend/Roots version is part of an all-covers album.
Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

The big deal at the Spidey-Jazz Yahoo Group over the last 2 days was that a particularly MOST-SOUGHT track used in the cartoons was FINALLY identified! It's the loud, blaring piece heard when Spidey is "Swinging To the Zoo" in the 2nd season episode DIAMOND DUST. As it turns out, it's called "POWER DRIVE" by Johnny Pearson, and was used as the theme song of the Australian cop show, DIVISION 4.

Trying to find this one track has been driving members of the group crazy for the last several years...

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
An old Gil Evans recording, There Comes A Time. I'm actually a huge Evans fan, but I don't think it's one of his better works overall. As the cliche' goes, there are some sparks of brilliance, but it's generally a mish-mash.

I have unholy amounts of love for Into The Hot, though. One of the first jazz LPs I ever bought. Really should get the stereo fixed one of these days. Not being able to hear my vinyl the right way kinda' bites. [No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ramble Damsel:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Wake Up Everybody was originally written and recorded in the 70s, in my home town of Philadelphia, by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. The Legend/Roots version is part of an all-covers album.
I had no idea it was a cover! I'm really loving their version of it! I'll def have to check out the original now.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hope you enjoy it; Blue Notes' lead singer Teddy Pendergrass had some powerful pipes.

And I should make an addendum -- I think my previous post made it sound like the Blue Notes authored the song. They didn't -- it was written by John Whitehead, Gene McPhadden, and Victor Carstarphen, and produced by Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Jethro Tull -- LIVE BURSTING OUT (1978)
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.