Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Do you think Dan even thinks he has a chance of winning? Has he won anything so far?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think Dan has a hope in hell of getting even a single vote. I think even his friends out there (Fabio, Benry, Marty) would even agree that he has done nothing but sit around out there. I think they all know that and that's why there's never any talk of voting him off. They all want to take him to the final three.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah but those friends could vindictively decide to vote for Dan in the final 3 just to "stick it" to whomever else is there.

I am truly worried Dan might win.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Surely, surely, surely!...None of the players would vote to give Dan a million dollars?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I would LIKE to think that, but you know if they hold any grudges against the other 2 in the final 3, voting Dan is a good way for them to say "kiss my arse"...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

...Because Dan's doing ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING THE ENTIRE TIME also applies to... making enemies.

He hasn't done anything at all including make enemies.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well I hated tonight's elimination.

I sure hope my sweet, sensitive baby wins immunity again. His win tonight was outstanding.

Chase and Sash can both frag off.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I will officially now state that I would rather Dan win that Chase or Sash. And Holly's only hanging on by a thread with me.

This guy deserves it all:

-

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

I liked Jane and was hoping she'd go all the way but I think all this talk of "betrayal" and what-not is a bit ridiculous.

This is still Survivor right? Decisions like this have to get made all the time out there, *especially* at the end like this. A 4-person alliance cannot all go to the end together. Someone has to get voted off before then and the fact was that Jane was the biggest threat to the other three for that million dollars.

I also don't think those three have any intention of taking each other to the end anyway. Dan is the PERFECT person to go up against in that Final Tribal Council and they all know it. So they're all saying they're aligned now, but when it comes down to it I bet they will quickly ditch one of their three to keep him in the game. It's just sensible playing.

So (even though I wanted Jane to win) I don't have any problem with what Sash and Chase (and Holly) did tonight. In fact, it was obvious that Dan and Fabio agreed with them that Jane was all of theirs biggest threat for that million since they didn't go along with her otherwise very sensible plan to team-up against Holly.

Dan is still way down the bottom of my totem pole in this game. Not only is he physically useless, he seems like a bit of a douchebag too.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Also, maybe this is just because I've gone many months/years without seeing certain very close family members like siblings and parents - but I hate this episode every season where we see them all getting so emotional and hysterical about seeing a relative they've only been separated from for like 3 weeks. I'm like - get some friggin' intestinal fortitude people!
Blacula
Easy

Also forgot to mention, beside the irritating family weep-fests there were three absolutely classic scenes in this episode -

1. The first was when Jane stumbled upon Holly, Chase and Sash conspiring and basically worked out that she was next to go. It was like a scene straight out of a movie as you could see her fears slowly being realised and then moving from sadness to anger while the other three were desperately trying to work out a way to avoid the confrontation but eventually realising it was inevitable. Survivor almost *never* makes it this clear who's going to get voted off before the Tribal Council but they obviously knew this scene was too good to pass up.

2. Jane's righteous revenge on the campfire! Classic!

3. Jane's exposing of everyone's secrets at the Tribal Council. I love when people go down with guns blazing! [Smile]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

See, different strokes: I talk to my Mom and Grandmother everyday-- and see them often-- and would have been just as emotional as everyone else was. I love these episodes.

And yeah, Jane truly went down in a spectacular fireball didn't she?

Jeff himself blogged on ew.com that the scene where she comes onto the group conspiring to oust her (and what followed) was one of his favorite scenes this year.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I hate this episode every season where we see them all getting so emotional and hysterical about seeing a relative they've only been separated from for like 3 weeks. I'm like - get some friggin' intestinal fortitude people!

When I was in the army, I went through a very intense three week course called SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistence, Escape). Basically, the set-up was a realistic field exercise during which, you are captured by an enemy force, placed into a POW camp, and interrogated. During the camp time, we were under an intense physical work load, coupled with sleep deprivation and very limited food (a bowl of rice a day).

Now, I'm not saying that the "Survivor" experience is even a fraction of that, but trust me... at the end of the course, having been awake for days, near starved, and physically exhausted, even the burliest Special Forces guys were weeping like babies when they saw their wives and children.

I imagine the stress of the Survivor set-up wreaks havoc with these folks' emotions.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Some interesting behind-the-scenes info re: the latest Tribal Council from someone on another board who is (or has) an inside connection on the show -

Since the show has aired and what I say will not be a spoiler now I thought I would tell you what really happened at Tribal Council last night.

Jane accused Sash of offering to pay off her mortgage in exchange for her vote and influence with the jury on his behalf. When she said this Jeff ordered the cameras to stop rolling and called in the producers. They discussed this for about 10 minutes and resumed filming without giving any instructions to the jury or the remaining players. In other words they left it as a 'he said, she said' situation. If you watch the insider clips on the voting you can see where Jane changed all her thought process of trying to force a tie vote with Holly and instead voted for Sash? Why? Well I have just told you.

You can also notice how her voting scene appears to have been edited where they left something out.

His voting confessional refers to this but if you don't have this information, it makes no sense.

If you want to know how this played out with jury members go to the Spoilers board to my thread and read it there.

I hope this helps to clear up how confusing the voting confessional was last night and also why she voted for Sash instead of Holly.

Great finale coming Sunday!!!!!

Survivors offering to split/share the winnings is against the rules on Survivor so that's why Jeff would have ordered the cameras be stopped and the discussion had.

It's impossible to know if what Jane says really happened but Sash strikes me as the type of person who would do something like that (or at least promise to - I bet he wouldn't have really helped her with her mortgage once he got the money).

And now we know why she voted for him over Holly! I was really wondering about that.

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's always in the editing... thanks for sharing that... I would have loved to have seen it go to a tie with a fire making challenge... with the players left, I'm surprised to say I'd be pretty happy if Jud makes it to the end and wins the million bucks... I'd love to see Holly, Chase and Sash turn on each other and implode...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.