Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Russell's singlehandedly what's made this season of Survivor so dang interesting! Viva el troll! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:

Either the rocket scientst is going to win or go out a total stooge.

You nailed that one! I'm glad the flipflopper got the boot this week!

Russell's way too mysoginistic for me to want him to win. Shambo has pretty much become ballast in my eyes. I hope one of them goes next too, Sharky. Jaison is too smirky for my tastes, and Mick is a total unknown to me, making me not care anything about him.

At this point, I'm for Bret, Monica or Natalie.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like Russel's attitude, but he has played the game better than anyone. He's crafty, but I wouldn't call him smart. And that's what will lose the game for him... he thinks he's smarter than he is.

Of the remaining people, only Dave has played as well. But he's also not someone I'm liking. This season has been full of nobodys.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Heh! Watching Russell sweat for a minute was quite delicious.

LOVED when Brett got immunity and messed up Russell's plan.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I hope Galu goes down in Survivor history as the STUPIDEST TEAM EVER, letting themselves be wiped out when they started with an 8-4 majority.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I don't want get myself in trouble here. But I have to remind you of the year Survivor had the battle of the sexes, and the women had a 7-1 advantage post merge.

And still lost to a man.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good episode! I liked how there were signs of players OTHER than Russell showing they have some game, too. For such a smart player, I can't believe he let other people know about his personal fortune. That's ultimately gonna be why he doesn't win this season, regardless of whether he goes to the finale or not. Seems Russell's ego trumps his game play and his street smarts. That's his fatal flaw.

The million will go to Jaison (or Brett if he can continue winning immunity), I think. Mick's gonna self-destruct with his insecurity. Natalie's gonna be targeted for being too lovable and not make the final. Shambo's just too much of a Judas in the eyes of those Galus and a tool for the rest.

Agree with my assessment? Who do you guys think wins, and what's your reasoning?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Whoa, Ceej! I didn't see that season-- I became a SURVIVOR fan later on. Can hardly believe that happened...!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Lardi, I agree Russell's a no-win situation. He has as much chance of winning as Coach did last season.

Jaison is a safe bet for the win, I think... though I'd prefer Monica, Nat or Brett.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Too late for Monica, ain't it, Lash?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OOOPs!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm VERY pleased with tonight's episode.

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Astounded. I am just speechless at tonight's finale.

I guess I just really favor strategic game play over the "social game" but, honestly, I can't fathom how the vote went the way it did.

Oh, well:

Click Here For A SpoilerIn any case, Russell's one of those back for another shot in Season 20!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I just saw the finale ON DEMAND. Just like in comic books... good triumphs over evil!

Russell had me in his corner for a brief moment after Brett got the boot. Yeah, he really does deserve it, I began to think.

Then it all went out the window with his arrogant self-congratulations. Yeah, you did everything "all by yourself", Russell. Whatever.

He reminds me of a businessman who goes into business with 2 friends and finds a way to screw his partners out of the profits. I'm glad he lost and I hope he goes early on the upcoming ALL-STAR edition.

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I suspect, based on Russell's reaction at the Somoa reunion, he didn't do well on "Heroes vs. Villains" ... otherwise, he may not have been such a big baby about losing to Natalie, who, by the way, owes Erik a huge thanks for his speech at the last tribal council which probably clinched the win for her ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.