Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Heroes vs. Villains TONIGHT!!!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be watching for sure
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a bad first episode setting up an interesting season and eliminating one of the weaker players right off the bat. It's nice to see these players using their knowledge of the game to what will hopefully be for maximum strategic play.

However, I'm disappointed in the massive spoiler given for the next episode in the preview. Apparently we're gonna lose one of the stronger players to a medical emergency next week, and the preview didn't even try to hide who that will be. Maybe I'm wrong and they're being this obvious to make us assume that's it for the player, but having watched Survivor all these years, I don't see this player remaining in the game. They've removed players for a LOT less than losing consciousness, for sure.

It's a shame because people who loved him (or loved to hate him) in past seasons were not being disappointed in tonight's debut. If he was going to exit the game this way, I'd prefer it wasn't completely telegraphed.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Great first episode ... I so can't "love to hate" the villains ... I just plain hate most of them and want them off immediately, especially those that talk and talk and talk about how they're "in control of the game" and they're "pulling all the strings" - blah, blah, blah ... shut the eff up!

Massive spoiler for next week indeed ... would hate to see that player go so fast ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Liked the first episode, great pick for first vote off, easily the weakest player on that team.

Like Lardi and SharkLad said...What was up with the MASSIVE spoiler. Ugh, not happy with that.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched it now. 3 days later should be safe from me making spoilers in this post. Just to be safe... SPOILERS FOLLOW HERE.

I'm not as fast to jump on the anti-Sugar bandwagon as she DID help the Heroes win the first "fire" challenge, scoring 1 of the 3 points they needed for the win... but, well, SOMEbody had to go and Sugar must have been on a Season I didn't see, so I won't miss her.

I DO know Tom, Stephenie, JT, and Cirie... looks to be a good team here.

And the villains. Just like in the comics, the Villains win the battle. The war is yet to come, of course. I still loathe weasely Russell. Tyson remains insufferable. I have found, however, that I have softened on Coach, mainly because his "dragon slayer" nonsense has become such a punchline. It's now amusing, not annoying, because everyone is making fun of him. Heehee.

Boston Rob... wow, he's almost a force of nature from what I saw tonight. I *LOVED* how he made fun of Coach and challenged Russell. Russell's so jealous of Rob's obviously being top dog on their team, it's delicious.

So you can imagine how disappointed I will be, if what appears to be happening next week actually happens...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Whelp, I guess the producers provoked the desired reaction in the viewers with last week's preview and pulled a nice fake-out on us! Boston Rob's still up and running and the Villains tribe is looking to be riding the wave of win.

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice...damn! Them Heroes is comin' apart at the seams! James always came off as such a nice guy the other two times, but now--? Rarely has such an early tribal council been so tense! They need to focus much more on winning and being a cohesive unit than on game play so early in the season. With so much experience present this is very surprising. Maybe if they lose the next immunity challenge, the Heroes should consider throwing out the game play and getting rid of James. It goes against the usual strategy of keeping the strongest ones until the merge, but it looks like his seeds of dissent will continue to be sown next week.

Lookin' really good for the Villains so far. 'Sokay with me--they've always tended to make Survivor more interesting than the good guys anyway from where I stand!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

I'm glad the spoiler from last week turned out to not be one.

Lardi...agreed with the heroes, they are falling apart fast and something needs to be done fast.

As for rooting for the villians, well I do play the villian side of 'City of Heroes' for a reason [Big Grin]

I was sorry to see the person who got voted off go, I've always considered her to be a strong player in previous Survivors.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just watched it. SPOILERS FOLLOW HERE.

Whoa. James is a real jerk, and he needs to GO. You can't have someone tossing hissyfits at the drop of a hat and verbally attacking everone. If the Heroes lose again, they would be wise to ditch him quickly.

Meanwhile, Boston Rob is fast becoming my favorite player on both teams. A big tough guy who is also good at puzzles? He had me at big. [Smile]

Russell's frustration over his lack of being top dog is still very enjoyable for me to watch, as is Coach's steadily-increasing mancrush on Boston Rob.

This has, so far, been a really good season...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

haha, russell and the machette were great, he's showing why he's a villian.
Good to see the heroes win one, don't agree with who was voted off, he wasn't a threat.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Gee, another 'roid rage outburst from James. How pleasant. Guy's going through SERIOUS withdrawals...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

This episode wasn't as good as the last two, but was still alright. Funny how all the men were wary of Parvati but voted out Randy instead, huh? Parvati is a REALLY dangerous player. She knows how to manipulate men to survive better than any Survivor woman in history. If the Villains keep her around much longer, she could win this thing again! I personally like her, though. You should use whatever your strengths may be; she's obviously not a strong lady, but she uses her sex appeal very well.

By the way, I wish they had subtitles in that spooning scene with her and Russell! Just what in the deuce were they laughing about?!?! I remember Russell having a wife or girlfriend in last season's reunion show; I imagine he might catch hell from her over what they showed between him and Parvati (though nothing was outright romantic).

Coach's big speech to the camera about doing everything in his power he could to save Randy rings a little false seeing how he helped vote Randy off. What can you say about Coach? He's one of the show's biggest flakes of all time! He's entertaining in his own way, though. (I guess he's single now since he was flirting with Jerry?)

So over on the Heroes tribe, Tom and Colby seem to be on the outs with Stephenie's ouster last week. It should be interesting to see how turncoat J.T.'s role evolves for him. He's playing a much different game than the one that one him the million. Should be interesting to see how that turns out.

The previews show an immunity idol will indeed be a factor this season. I was beginning to wonder as there's been nary a whisper of one the first three episodes. Plus, we haven't seen Russell scurrying about looking for one for some reason. The preview makes it seem like he'll need one, so Russell'd better get crackin'!

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

I'm so glad the Heroes won the challenge - which was AWESOME btw ... a villain needed to go ...

I can tolerate Coach a bit more this season than in Tocantins ... he's such a clown ... watching him talk about how Parvati isn't going to get under his skin, interspersed with Parvati totally playing him with the "you've never let fear control you" line was brilliant ... great editing job ...

Russell, on the other hand, is intolerable ... if he doesn't go soon, I'm gonna start fast-forwarding through any scene he's in ... the producers are giving him way too much air time ...

I'm still not sure what some of the players are doing there ... Danielle, Candice, Courtney ... Courtney has sat out the last two challenges ... she's barely playing the game ...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

FUN episode tonight!!! Villain tribe regroups and pulls two challenges out under the wire. Russell looks to be digging himself a hole (literally and figuratively) though and may be next to go home if/when the villains lose immunity.

Brilliant move on the Heroes tribe by some of the best to play the game! The person who went tonight was possibly the most dangerous player on that tribe. I would've targeted that player much earlier!

Gawd, that Coach is such a flake! His brand of flakiness makes me laugh hysterically, though, so I'm good!

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Best line from Rob to Coach ... "and act like a man" ...

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.