Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I've been working a crush on Joel McHale for years, and that was all before I knew how HOT be looked in undies! Freakin' sweet! The man can rock old-school gym shorts too.

Yes, this week's episode continued the upward trend for COMMUNITY on Thursdays/NBC. It's humble yet promising beginning has blossomed into full-frontal funnery you don't wanna miss. Please stop not watching it.

GOOD NEWS-- it has been confirmed by EW.COM that NBC's entire Thursday night comedy block has been renewed for next season, REJOICE!

So, what have you to say about White Abed? Or Leonard, the latest minor recurring character standout (alongside such luminaries as Star-Burns)?

Who is happy that Chevy Chase found this vehicle and is back at last?

Share your love of Britta, Annie, Shirley, Troy and the whole gang!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Community is awesome!!!

The Christmas episode alone should make anyone a fan of the series ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Abed (really the character playing him) is genius. His Batman impression literally had my laughing my ass off.

Troy is also comic genius. The final bits with Abed (as I said in the other thread) are my favorite. I've seen the actor who plays Troy do some stand-up (not live, on TV) and its hilarious.

Annie is also awesome. She's on Mad Men where she's completely serious and very likeable. Here, she really shines. I loved the episode where her and Jeff had awkward romantic moments.

Britta is totally hot but they do a good job giving you reasons to find her annoying.

And of course, my favorite is the Asian Spanish teacher, who is hilarious in everything he's in. I don't know his real name but all I know is I want him to be in every show and every movie I ever watch hereafter.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Just watched the pool episode ... great spotlight on Abed ...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Actually I think Abed is cute, quite cute in his way. Troy too. Tiny-nips Vaughn also. I love that they've made it ok to call out a guy's tiny nips. I mean, whoever would have thought this would be okay to do? Heehee!

Shirley is awesome, I love, adore, l'amour Annie and Britta both rocks and sucks and is generally outstanding in one extreme or other. Her character is NOT an easy one to pull off. The actress deserves an EMMY nod (along with Abed).

I really need to learn the REAL names of the folks who play these characters other than Joel and Chevy (who both ALSO deserve EMMY nods!!)

Plus the long list of 2nd tier characters (and we all know how I love 2nd tier characters) is ASTOUNDING.

The pool episode has easily been my favorite of a long run of favorite episodes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Getting rid o' Britta, I'm gettin' rid o' the B.(she's a G.D.B...)" Great, now that's going to be in my head all day long....

This is a great show! I love watching each episode a few times during the week, and not all funny shows bear repeat viewing. The show started off a bit too much with each episode about Jeff having to choose between being selfish or doing the right thing. (no surprise, he would eventually do the right thing) But now that they've dropped any pretense of a story, they're just letting loose with the funny - which might not be a good thing for every show (I'm talking to you "How I Met Your Mother") - but luckily, the writing is strong enough for it to work.

Star-burns is definitely the breakout star though...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't get to watch it as often as I like (due to usually working on Thursdays) but I enjoy it when I do!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well tonight's ep wasn't super-hilarious but I did enjoy the Pierce/Jeff friendship/family message.

The whole Troy's Nana/Britta thing didn't work for me.

Star-Burns' kid HAS to be his real-life son!

And Kathryn McPhee looks nice as a blonde, though I do love my brown-haired girls...

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

I think the last two episodes were shown out of order ... Jeff said something about meeting the old man in the pool class's kid on Family Day last week ... and he was flirting with the hot chick in the pool class too before it was shown he got dumped ... sorry to be a continuity cop ... I just thought that was odd ...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just watched Thursday's ep. I love that they now call Star-Burns that name to his face.

Nice moments for Jeff, Peirce and Shirley this week. It was fun.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Loved the chicken fingers episode, it was streets ahead!

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Definitely streets ahead!

"Annie's boobs could be anywhere!"

[ April 24, 2010, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OK I just watched this past Thursday's ep on the DVR, and I believe I can state quite frankly and without hyperbole that not only was it the best episode of COMMUNITY ever, it was also the best episode of ~ANY~ TV show ever.

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I need to check this out.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OH YOU DO. For the episodes of Joel McHale in his undies if nothing else...

Even without that I love this show!

--------------------

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.