Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » COMMUNITY in its own thread at last! (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: COMMUNITY in its own thread at last!
KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just glad we're getting a fourth season.

Isn't 4 the magic number for syndication?

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, only a few years ago, any show on a Friday was a definite 'pass' for me. But these days, I'll probably check in on as many eps as I can. (Luckily its only 8:30).

KC, I think the 'magic number' for syndication is the # of episodes, not the number of seasons. That being said, a fourth season usually means a show has hit that special number, which is something like 70.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I am curious to see how well it does now that it doesn't have to struggle against BIG BANG THEORY.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
by the way when are we gonna see MLLASH's backside? [Razz]

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

1.5-hour season finale is GO!!!

And this first episode KICKS ASS NINTENDO STYLE!!! *squeals*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
That video game episode was brilliant! Shirley and Annie in the blacksmith shop was hysterical!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The science of faking your death!!! [LOL]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

#sixseasonsandamovie

Oh my goodness, that was fun. I'll be looking forward to Friday nights this September.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It was pretty awesome having three eps in one night. Each one totally different yet awesome.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

SHOULD the show have ended with season 3?

Dan Harmon may come off as an asshole, he may in fact BE an asshole... but COMMUNITY seasons 1, 2 and 3 have been very much HIS vision.

He has been fired from his show. Details from the man himself:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/23339272200/hey-did-i-miss-anything

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Imo, this is much more devastating to the show than losing Chevy Chase (or some of the other actors even). Sucks.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I've heard that Dan can be a pain to work for, but when the final product is as near-genius as COMMUNITY, you've gotta set aside the time he yelled at you to rewrite a scene or whatever, and then just celebrate the excellent finished product! However-- I can understand not wanting to be yelled at too. For me, as a fan and not an insider, I just wanna see my favorite TV show maintain its quality!

However, I have further doubts that it will be able to now... writer Chris McKenna (responisble for such brilliance as this season's 'Remedial Chaos Theory' episode and the sole remaining season 1 writer) has quit now.

-

Have we, the fans of COMMUNITY, entered the DARKEST TIMELINE????

I will certainly be interested to see how Season 4 holds up!

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, not to rain on your parade, but I've thought this season was horrible. I struggled through a bunch of episodes and think it's become so self-indulgent to become a parody of itself. (and not in a good way)

Harmon leaving actually gives me a little bot of hope that the next season will be a little more of what the show used to be in season 1.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

While I hate to hear someone doesn't care for something I just adore, I can certainly see why you might feel that way. I get the whole 'pardoy of iteself' you speak of-- but I think Community's parodying of itself is sheer genius.

I think it evolved beyond its early roots into something TV has never seen before.

And I'll be rooting for it all the way through season 4, no matter what happens. I wouldn't necessarily mind a return to less meta storylines myself.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Season 4 premiere date announced:

HEADS UP, HUMAN BEINGS! Season 4 premieres Friday, October 19 at 8:30/7:30c! Can’t wait to see you back at Greendale! --via COMMUNITY on Facebook

I'm over all the backstage drama and can't wait to revisit Greendale again!

--------------------

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.