Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
The preview makes me wonder where the series will go during this run. I saw some unfamiliar characters and situations previewed that didn't seem to fit where I thought the series would be ending its initial run! I guess I'll discuss the more spoiler-comicbooky things at Gym'll's and just stick to the series itself here!

They say that theere is at least one addedmain character on the AMC site...or maybe it was another site. I like the idea of new characters on the show, as it adds more fodder for the Zeds.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crymsun Kid:
Ohh.. thanks!!

Go for it! Increases the chances for the LMB to represent! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Got my entry in. Now to go to sleep and have zombie dreams...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Loved Rick in this thing. Morgan, too! I'd read that Rick comes across kind of undeveloped in the premier, but I didn't think that at all. Nice subtle, natural way the actor has that does a lot with a little.

I read that same review, and I totally agree with you that he is more than developed enough here. Morgan stole the show though...man, tough choices made there.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Got my entry in. Now to go to sleep and have zombie dreams...

Sweet, meaty dreams, they are! [Drool]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Oh, I wanted to say something about foreshadowing in a coupla spots, but those that contain comics spoilers should most DEFINITELY be discussed on the Gym'll's thread! Episode spoilers, however, are fair game here! [Yes]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Yeah. Gonna have to watch what is said where...
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
30 minutes until the premier here in the west. Hope I can stay awake for it!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
I managed to stay awake. Very good, The post apocalyptic feel and human drama of the book are there.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
WALKING DEAD a ratings smash- CBR

[Koko]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so embarrassed, I thought it was only 1 hour and missed some things because of it!!

But I DVRed and will watch again this evening.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Spoiler-free? It was FUCKING AWESOME!!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
WALKING DEAD a ratings smash- CBR

[Koko]

Wow-- those numbers beat some NBC/ABC/CBS/Fox numbers.

Look for Season 2 to be officially greenlighted in 2 weeks barring a massive drop in ratings for the 2nd ep.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

That scene with Rick putting the torso zombie out of her misery I found strangely affecting! In the comic I mostly just found it creepy, but here it was kinda sad!

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the shift from her shrieking and scrambling after him to barely moving and gasping, quiet wimpering really helped the effectiveness of that scene when Rick goes back to shoot her. It comes across more powerfully on the screen than on the page, for sure.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.