Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » THE WALKING DEAD tv show (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52   
Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD tv show
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I didn't say it here but I knew last week that character wouldn't make it out of Woodbury.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it was pretty much a given that Click Here For A SpoilerTransitional Black Guy wouldn't make it out alive.

Re: the ending, I'm wondering if it isn't a setup so that Merle can escape with Daryl, thus being the Governor's "inside man" at the prison.

I didn't quite get Michonne's motivations for waiting for the Governor.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Kirkman says in his aftershow interview on EW.com that Michonne's motive was pure revenge. Governor said she could go, she is released, then he sends Merle after her. Ain't nobody got time for Merle.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the Walking Dead.
From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Carl is now ... [so] much better than his borderline insufferable comicbook counterpart.

TOTAL AGREEMENT! As anyone who's read my posts in the comic thread knows, Carl is the one comic character I hate more than Michonne. But I'm really liking the job that the writers have been doing on him here.

Everyone (not necessarily here at Legion World) bags on season 2 of this show but that is where pretty much ALL of the character development that this season is using for fuel occurred. Carl's journey toward competent "man"-in-charge this season wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting if he hadn't spent most of last season being such a twerp.

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
I really liked Tyrese. Good intro to the character. Just wish they had not been predictable with what happened with the 4 that went to Woodbury.

AMEN! EDE's description of Oscar as 'transitional black guy' was spot-on. Him and poor, much-missed T-Dog's sole role on this show was to be "the black guy". Great for adding a bit of colour to a group scene but God forbid they get any character development beyond one line; or that more than one of them appear in the cast at the same time. It's such a tired and bullshit cliche in genre television and you'd expect writers in 2013 to be very cognizant and wary of it, but nope - not TWD writers.

Let's see what they do with Tyreese now though. He's obviously going to be a bigger character than T-Dog or Oscar were by virtue of his being a fan-favourite from the comics and the fact that they've gotten a fairly well-reputed actor to play him. For his sake, let's hope our heroes stick to isolated rural backroads from now on, lest they accidentally run into any more living black guys and thus exceed the quota.

The last two episodes were fun otherwise though. This show is certainly moving fast this season.

I kinda thought the mid-season cliff-hanger could have been a LOT more cliff-hangery though. For a scene showing the first meeting of Merle and Daryl in two seasons it had like, zero emotion; and there was also zero tension in it for anyone who has ever read a comic or even watched a thriller TV show before. It was definitley NO "Sophia coming out of the barn", let's just put it that way.

P.S. Did anyone catch the names of Tyreese's crew? Donna, Allen and Ben. I am really not liking this re-imagining of that family. I liked them in the comics and since this TV lot are clearly a million miles from what they were, they should have renamed them IMO.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Blacula. I thought that was the names they used...but wasn't sure. Ah well, maybe it's just a wink and nod to the fans of the book.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm now wondering if the Tyrese daughter/boyfriend plot will be transferred to either Ben/Sasha or Ben/Beth.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see much of a point... wasn't that the point in the comic Click Here For A Spoilerwhere we learned they come back even if not bitten? That's already established TV-wise.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I think POV has a point. Although, the drama of that situation is something that has not really been touched on except very loosely , very loosely; and that was even in passing.

I think it could be used for a different impact in the show...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The family would have been nicer and more obvious (I did not catch it) if Ben had a twin and they were closer to Carl's age. I'm just seeing them all (with the exception of Tyreese) as fodder for the Prison/Woodbury battle at this point.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A great episode ... Although I didn't like how everything needs to end in a cliffhanger now ... happens all across the AMC, HBO, SHO spectrum.

I'd prefer if writer's just wrote it up balls out. Seems similar to the DC stuff where they tease out a story across many many comics.

However, I really liked the episode. LOVED in fact.

I actually was watching it alone ... when Click Here For A Spoiler During the Michonne and Governor fight ... I screamed "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! Quick!" when Michonne finally got the upper hand.

[LOL] Oh MY ....

and then the writer's saved him.

Click Here For A Spoilerdumb Andrea showed up. When is she gonna shoot these people dead??? and she was missing all kinds of shots during the smoke screen battle ... which came off a bit silly ... like 6 year olds role play ... "I've got a smokescreen you can't hit me!" "force field" "oh yeah well your bullets bounce back at you!".

This Andrea is so not as cool as the quiet dependable Andrea from the books. Yet she's a good actress and its making the show more interesting I guess.

I am enjoying Carl as well, much better than perpetual disturbed child of the books.

Even though I loved the episode, I was hoping for more of an unrealistic smack down ... instead of a give and take ...

At least my cutie Glen is safe. Actually, seems like there sure are some safe characters in the tv show.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really glad the show has found its identity as clearly an *action* show. It couldn't match the horror of the book. (for lots of reasons) and ... the over acting in the previous seasons made me want to vomit.

I wonder how the changing genres relates to the books changing genres ... and how to keep a certain segment of fans ... across genre transitions.

Click Here For A Spoiler especially after the prison when they end up in the stepford village ... which was pretty boring ... I suspect unsuccessful ... at least to me it seemed like they thought the lord of the flies premise was interesting but couldn't figure out where to go with it. and then the book has recently gone back to action and horror again.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Again, I'm really enjoying the tv show's departure from the books ver batim ... and just trying to create a sense of what the books portrayed while adapting into a new medium and audience.
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Well,Carol, who loves the show, asked me to take her to the comic book store saturday. I did. She bought the first three tpb's. Now she's hooked on the books. Until caught up, I'll be buying one a week for her.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
And a new convert! Love that TWD is making new comic fans.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 52 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.