Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » John Carter of Mars!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: John Carter of Mars!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the ERB stuff, other than some racist tones, but I just saw the trailer for the movie.

WTF is Taylor kitch? Scrawny little guy is supposed to be John Carter?

Dynamite got it better.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe they were going for an all ages market, like with the Oz comics.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
WTF is Taylor kitch? Scrawny little guy is supposed to be John Carter?

At least he's gonna be fully dressed and not spend half the movie naked (unlike the book). [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if John Carter is going to be Scrawny AND Clothed then count me out. Either is cause to skip it. Both is a tragedy.
From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I cain't help it. I reaalllly hate the Disneyfication of the world. The real Grimm Faire tales... brutal, nasty, terrorizing because they were cautionary tales that weren't about talking cabinets or candles. they were used to teach kids things like don't wander off in the woods.

disney sucks.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Okay, I was right. Everything about the movie was pretty good, except the prettyboy. He's not a bad actor, but he didn't fit the role.

Still, i bought the dvd.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.