Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
A decent Trailer.

On the heels of Smallville, a superhero show I expect to have lots fewer special effects...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
looks intersting, but there are some changes, like his mom being alive from what the trailer seems to indicate. Still, seems like they are keeping close to the island origin.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I miss the 'Green'. Will be DVRing this for a few episodes at least, and see how it goes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Starling City"? And a bald, industrialist type villain?

Interesting... I'll definitely check it out...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Does it make as much sense to have a rich business villain when the hero is also rich? You don't usually see money on both sides of the hero-villain duo.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, gay fan boys who aren't currently buying DC comics. Time to put your principles aside and get out and buy a DC comic this week. There's a smoldering hot ad for the Arrow series featuring the star, Stephen Amell, shirtless and with a smoldering hot full camera stare down. The internet images aren't the same. You NEED to own this on real live paper.

[ September 19, 2012, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
You should see it 30 feet tall on the side of a building. Definitely caught my eye.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
way cool!! when will it be on?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Series premiere is October 10 on the CW.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
if that isn't enough ... John Barrowman is joining the cast.

SQUEEEEE!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Nice... ...and the Huntress is to make an appearance in the third episode.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Pilot was actually pretty good. Weakest parts was probably the addition of sisters for both "Laurel" Lance, and Oliver Queen and miscasting the actor playing Drakkon (his slight stature being a major component of the character). It the comics Ollie agonized over killing, but the new television version certainly does not. Lots of interesting concepts and characters introduced, hopefully the show will get a chance to resolve them.
On the Doctor Who front, beyond the teased John Barrowman's "Well Dressed Man" the actor playing Ollie's stepdad played Dr. Moon in the two-part DW episode that introduced River Song.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually thought Ollie's sister was a pretty decent way to introduce a "Speedy" into the show.

"Starling City" kind of grated with me, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of liked the pilot. Not sure if this will be a must-watch for me, but I am pretty curious about who will pop up (Black Canary) and what they will look like.

BTW, the first episode was for the CW kinda what The Walking Dead is for AMC (massively successful):

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/11/nashville-ratings/

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the show so far, but there's a danger of it taking itself a bit too seriously. It needs something to balance the severity of Ollie's mission. "Smallville" had the humanizing element of Clark's very grounded unrequited love for Lana and feelings of alienation and uncertainty. It remains to be seen what "Arrow" will have to fulfill that function. (the stuff on the island certainly doesn't seem as though it will provide much levity or normality)

I'm not the biggest Green Arrow fan, so I'm sure I missed a bunch of references, but I still got a lot of them. Honestly, I find the little nods to comic book history a bit distracting when it's not germane to the plot.

All in all a good start, but not exactly a "must see" yet.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.