Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Arrow, new CW Green Arrow series
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I doubt they'll undo her sister's death anytime so, it being roughly akin to Spidey's Uncle Ben. (Not to say never, but not soon.)

But Laurel's mom, also called Dinah (which would explain why everyone uses Laurel's middle name), could in fact be already on the trail of the people who sabotaged the yacht.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I now officially subscribe to this theory.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
I doubt they'll undo her sister's death anytime so, it being roughly akin to Spidey's Uncle Ben. (Not to say never, but not soon.)

I dunno... seems to me they intentionally left wide open the possibility that she's alive. To quote one website:

quote:

Is Sarah Lance Really Dead? – Ok, so we saw Sarah Lance vanish in the middle of the ocean. No one has heard anything about her in the five years since the accident. She has to be dead, right? Well, this is a series based on a comic book, and people rarely stay dead in comic books. Anytime someone says that they buried an empty coffin, it basically screams that character is secretly alive somewhere being held hostage.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I also now officially subscribe to this theory.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like Laurel, personally. Besides being simply drop-dead gorgeous, I think her complex feelings toward Ollie make perfect sense given their history. So I can understand her being sympathetic one moment and bitchy the next. Love also the relationship between Laurel and her dad. Can't help, though, but think he will end up being Arrow's Captain Stacy when all is said and done, probably sooner than later.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
All I'm saying is Sarah's not likely to come back soon. They're milking the guilt-for-Ollie angle too much to give it up this season.

Though as the season cliffhanger, maybe.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I *love* Sonny's theory that Sarah and Laurel's missing mom is going to be Black Canary. That's some good theory!!

--------------------

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
And how cool did Deathstroke look??

I thought he looked ridiculous.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Of course your opinion is as valid as anyone's, and-- as is well-documented-- I will be the FIRST to rip on Marv Wolfman's ludicrous creations (like Terry Long, Pariah and Azrael) BUT...

I *do* submit that TV-Deathstroke looked... TOTES TITS.

I present Exhibit A:

-

--------------------

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Dude, that pic makes his head look like a Red Skull cake gone wrong.
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I bothered me that Slade had two eyes showing....or I guess the eye-loss is still to come?!? It didn't show him suffering the eye injury this past episode did it? And haven't flashbacks to Slade's career pre-eye loss shown him wearing a full orange mask and a half-and-half afterwards?

Otherwise, he looked fine, but the two staring eyes grated on me a little.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I hadn't thought about Sarah Lance being alive! Maybe someone will appear and look like her, but no memory - or maybe she'll be an imposter. I'd just as soon she stay dead, though; one came-back-from-the-dead is enough.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Well you know, if the series goes on too long, even Ollie's dad will come back.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
Dude, that pic makes his head look like a Red Skull cake gone wrong.

Nope!

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Five eps in, and I'm still loving it. I like that, with Diggle's criticism, he's being a bit less lethal than in his first appearance. (Since these episodes were probably filmed long before fans reacted with alarm about all the deaths in the first appearance, it seems to have been part of the plan, and not just a hasty response to fan outrage, which is kind of neat, suggesting that the show-writer(s) *intended* for us to see the killing as a flaw to be corrected in Ollie's methods, and sort of 'played' the audience a bit, by letting them think that the writers were deliberately trying to shove a killer Green Arrow down their throats.)
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.