Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Bob Welch, RIP

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bob Welch, RIP
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In a year in which we've lost a lot of music icons, we say goodbye to yet another.

Bob Welch, former guitarist/vocalist of Fleetwood Mac and noted solo performer, committed suicide today.

Welch is probably best known for his late '70s solo career, which included the hits "Sentimental Lady," "Ebony Eyes," and "Precious Love." He had originally recorded "Sentimental Lady" a few years earlier with Fleetwood Mac, with whom he played from 1971-74.

In his biography, "Fleetwood," the band's drummer and mainstay, Mick Fleetwood, credits Welch with saving the band. Welch joined at a vital point just after founding guitarist Peter Green had left. Though Welch himself had departed before FM's late '70s breakthrough in the U.S., he provided a vital link between the blues-driven Green version of the band and the Lindsey Buckingham-Stevie Nicks' "silk rock" version that became so successful.

Rest in peace, Mr. Welch. Thanks for the music.

[ June 07, 2012, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Man. The year isn't even half over, and we've lost so many greats this year in the arts.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welch at his prime.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
He did "hypnotized" with FM, and that's one of my favorite songs. I linked to a lot of his stuff on the what are you listening to thread.

so sad the way it ended for him.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.