Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » That was weird...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That was weird...
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
So, a few nights ago I was having dinner on the coffee table while watching TV. I had a glass of milk positioned to the upper left of my plate, when suddenly....my glass of milk moved slowly and steadily a couple of inches to the right. I wasn't touching it.

Well, I don't belive in psychic phenomena so I started to experiment. I looked for something round, and I grabbed a pencil, and I put it about where the glass was, and sure enough, it rolled a bit. (I didn't have a level handy, or I would have used that.)

Sooo...I put the glass of milk back where it was, and I lifted up the table. I had to lift the table to perhaps a 30 degree angle before it moved this time.

My conclusion? The milk was cold, so there was condensation on the glass. The table was indeed a little slanted where the glass was placed. The conditions must have been just right for the condensation to form at places that were enough to overcome the coefficient of static friction, and start the glass moving. After a few inches, the condensation had been distributed across more area, and the glass stopped.

Perfectly explainable...but still, it was weird....

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Your explanation makes logical sense - but it's fun to imagine in these sorts of cases that something paranormal is happening.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Unless you're scared of ghosts and don't want to imagine them in your home! [Razz]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
We all know that it was really the ghost of Ferro Lad.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
DEV FOR THE WIN! [Smile]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I think its awesome to see stuff like that happen. Yeah, there's some fancy scientific reason why, but its much more fun to have it happen around a kid that's just the right age to be freaked tha hell out by it and really set them off, lol.

I got my evil on lately. [Smile]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
My computer cursor does that all time, even though the mouse is stationary.

[shakes fist]

Damn you, lancesrealm! Daaaaaaamn yoooooooouuu!!11

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
My computer cursor has started doing that too! Out of nowhere it does a sudden move 5 inches straight across the screen. Or straight up.

Other times I'll click the mouse button and the screen will scroll a few inched up or down instead.

[ August 03, 2012, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Shining Son ]

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
That's either Computo or Skynet.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
*looks around*

They're watching us...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes we are.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.