Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
College football teams are wrapping up pre season games and are beginning final preparations for the first game of the season!

So what does that mean to you?

Why...it's time to get ready for the annual LegionWorld College Gameweek Extravaganza!

So, are you ready for another year of picking college football?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Every year I look forward to this thread! I'm so looking forward to this season. Even my wife is excited.

Tomorrow is a pre-Gameday (only an hour). All stocked up for big brunch and beers!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

I expect Lady Cobalt to have her own picks this year so we can rub her better record in your face [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Before we get started with this years games it is important to note that there have been some significant changes in the conferences. Four of the conferences enter this year with considerably different memberships: SEC, Big 12, Big East & MWC

Following are looks at the changes in each one.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

This time around, the SEC started the realignment ball rolling by grabbing Texas A&M and (eventually) Missouri from the Big 12. A&M will play in the western division and Missouri is slotted into the east.

-

[ August 24, 2012, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

The Big 12 responded by plucking West Virginia and TCU from the Big East. (Actually, TCU had agreed to join the Big East, leaving behind the Mountain West, but decided to dump the Big East for the Big 12 before actually joining the Big East! Does it get any crazier?)

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

The Big East added Temple to its membership (after booting them out a few years ago!) to replace its loses this year but will see major changes next year. This year they'll look like this.

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

And finally the MWC added Boise State, Hawaii and Fresno to replace BYU and TCU (but will also face major changes next year.) For 2012 they will look like this.

-

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
This will be fun again this year. Going to try all kinds of odd ways to pick the games this year.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Glad to see you back for another round. Hope the rest of the gang shows up too.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys. I've (for only the third time since becoming one) used my mad mod skills to pin this thread, but only for the season. [Wink]

I will look forward to being a leader in scoring until the last two weeks, only to falter and coming in second/third, lol.

Vee, great work on the graphics. WV...way to stick out like'ah sore thumb, lol.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Thanks rick!

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Here are the two pre-season polls for you to ponder...

AP Top 25

1.USC (25)
2.Alabama (17)
3.LSU (16)
4.Oklahoma (1)
5.Oregon
6.Georgia
7.Florida St.
8.Michigan (1)
9.South Carolina
10.Arkansas
11.West Virginia
12.Wisconsin
13.Michigan St.
14.Clemson
15.Texas
16.Virginia Tech
17.Nebraska
18.Ohio St.
19.Oklahoma St.
20.TCU
21.Stanford
22.Kansas St.
23.Florida
24.Boise St.
25.Louisville

USA Today/Coaches Poll

1.LSU (18)
2.Alabama (20)
3.USC (19)
4.Oklahoma (1)
5.Oregon
6.Georgia
7.Florida St. (1)
8.Michigan
9.South Carolina
10.Arkansas
11.West Virginia
12.Wisconsin
13.Michigan St.
14.Clemson
15.Texas
16.Nebraska
17.TCU
18.Stanford
19.Oklahoma St.
20.Virginia Tech
21.Kansas St.
22.Boise St.
23.Florida
24.Notre Dame
25.Auburn

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

And of course, here are the ten games we will be focused on for the long weekend of Week 1. Please note the some of these games are on Thurs night and Fri night so get your picks in before the games start.

Week 1
South Carolina (9) @ Vanderbilt - THURS
Tennessee @ North Carolina State - FRI
Boise State (24) @ Michigan State (13) - FRI
Notre Dame v Navy (in Dublin, Ireland) - SAT 9:00 am Eastern
Marshall @ West Virginia (11)
Southern Miss @ Nebraska (17)
Miami (FL) @ Boston College
Clemson (14) @ Auburn
Michigan (8) @ Alabama (2)
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech (16) - MON

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
And here we go! I'll pick later in the week but just in case I'll do Thur game now: Rick's Gamecocks (note plural [Big Grin] ) should pull one out (groan, couldn't help it).

They look very good this year! Could be a banner year for the real USC.

(FYI, for Friday games I definitely have Michigan State who never let me down, but have to think about the other game some more).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.