Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: 2012-2013 Legion World College GameWeek
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Just gonna go with the home teams this week as everything opens up.

Week 1
Vanderbilt - THURS
North Carolina State - FRI
Michigan State (13) - FRI
Navy (in Dublin, Ireland) - SAT 9:00 am Eastern
West Virginia (11)
Nebraska (17)
Boston College
Auburn
Alabama (2)
Virginia Tech (16) - MON

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
South Carolina (9) @ Vanderbilt - THURS *Cocks
Tennessee @ North Carolina State - FRI *Tenn
Boise State (24) @ Michigan State (13) - FRI *Boise
Notre Dame v Navy (in Dublin, Ireland) - SAT 9:00 am Eastern *Navy
Marshall @ West Virginia (11) * WV
Southern Miss @ Nebraska (17) *Neb
Miami (FL) @ Boston College * Boston College
Clemson (14) @ Auburn *Auburn, don't think the kitties got it.
Michigan (8) @ Alabama (2) *Abadama
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech (16) - MON *VT

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are my picks...

South Carolina (9) @ Vanderbilt - THURS ~ Vandy has been getting better. Last year under new head coach James Franklin they finished 6-7 and have turned a few heads with their recruiting success. But the Gamecocks will still prove too much for them. Vee's pick ~ The real USC

Tennessee @ North Carolina State - FRI ~ Much like Vandy, NC State has quietly been getting better under Coach O'Brien. Many are saying they could easily end up 3-4 in the ACC behind FSU & Va Tech. On the flip side, Tenn seems to be languishing somewhere in the bottom of the pack in the SEC. This could easily be Coach Doley's last year if he doesn't turn things around. The game is being played in the Georgia Dome which should give the Vols a decided advantage in fan support but will that be enough? Vee's pick ~ NC State

Boise State (24) @ Michigan State (13) - FRI ~ One could argue the BSU's Coach Petersen is the best active college football coach. While all the other great coaches have top 10 recruiting classes year after year, Peterson takes unknown, unheralded players and molds them into a fine tuned football machine. Since 2007, he's only seen his time lose 4 games...think about that. Yes they play in the WAC and now the MWC but they've also traveled to Washington, Oregon (16), Oregon (17), Virginia Tech, and Georgia (19) and beaten them all. This year, again, the face a ranked team at the start of the season. Michigan State comes into the game ranked 13. But this is a tremendous Spartans team and Boise will be hard pressed to compensate for the departure of super QB Kellen Moore and some other starters. Either way, this should be one of the don't miss games of this week! Vee's pick ~ The Broncos rarely let me down but I think this game goes to the Spartans in a squeaker.

Notre Dame v Navy (in Dublin, Ireland) - SAT 9:00 am Eastern ~ Who in the world agrees to face Notre Dame in IRELAND during a rebuilding year? Sheesh...talk about bad planning! [Smile] Vee's pick ~ Notre Dame (don't get used to this Cobie!)

Marshall @ West Virginia (11) ~ This could be a fun game since you never really know what to expect from the Thundering Herd. Plus it's an in state rivalry game the first week of the season. Vee's pick ~ Should be an easy win for the Mountaineers of WVU.

Southern Miss @ Nebraska (17) ~ If Larry Fedora hadn't left to take over the HC position at North Carolina, I would be tempted to take Southern Miss as an upset winner over Nebraska. The Huskers better not be looking past Southern Miss to their next game out at UCLA. Vee's pick ~ Nebraska

Miami (FL) @ Boston College ~ Two teams headed in opposite directions. I admire BC's Coach Spaziani but the fact is he's in what may be the hottest HC coaching seat in the country. Over the pat three seasons they've gone from 8-4 in 2009, to 7-5 in 2010 and then 4-8 in 2011. On top of that the Eagles come into the game having lost their top WR, their starting Corner Back, and their best TE for the game. My Hurricanes on the other hand, though still waiting to hear about any pending NCAA sanctions, are loaded with incredible talent including some Freshmen that may start and will see significant playing time. Remember these names...Duke Johnson, Ereck Flowers, Tracy Howard, Tyriq McCord, Malcolm Lewis, Danny Isadora, Deon Bush, Herb Waters (all true freshamn) as well as Mike James, Anthony Chickillo, Philip Dorsett, & Denzel Perryman. You'll be hearing alot about these Baby Canes this weekend and in the coming years. Vee's pick ~ The Canes have a chip on their shoulder and will avenge the loss to the Eagles last year. Canes win.

Clemson (14) @ Auburn ~ Tough call. Everyone is picking Clemson but I can't shake the drubbing they took in the Orange Bowl from WVU last January. Vee's pick ~ Auburn.

Michigan (8) @ Alabama (2) ~ Michigan is tough but I don't think they can come in to Tuscaloosa and take one away from 'Bama. Not yet anyway. Vee's pick ~ Alabama.

Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech (16) - MON ~ Whenever a team has more than a week to prepare for GT's option game, it seems the Yellow Jackets get shut down. I expect Frank Beamer will have the Hokies well prepared to face the Rambling Wreak. Vee's pick ~ VaTech

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

BTW, to Dev and rick...

I should have made note of the fact that the Tennessee v NC State game was at a neutral site (Georgia Dome) If that affects your decision feel free to make a change.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Nah...I'm good. Never put that much thought into it anyway. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
BTW, to Dev and rick...

I should have made note of the fact that the Tennessee v NC State game was at a neutral site (Georgia Dome) If that affects your decision feel free to make a change.

Neutral from the POV of location but Tenn is the much more hated team in Atlanta.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm good. Now, who's doing the NFL set again?

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Week 1
South Carolina
North Carolina State
Michigan State
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Nebraska
Boston College
Clemson
Alabama
Virginia Tech

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Week 1
South Carolina
Tennessee
Michigan State
Notre Dame
West Virginia
Southern Miss
Boston College
Clemson
Michigan
Georgia Tech

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Want to get Friday picks in ahead of time. Sorry for choppy picking, on the road this week with limited LW time.

NC State
Mich State

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Though I picked USC, I have to say Vandy gave them a run for their money. The Gamecocks got away with a very blatant pass interference call with little time left that allowed them to regain possession and run out the clock. Had the proper call been made, and the ref was RIGHT there!, Vandy had plenty of time left to score and beat USC. The way the Cocks were playing last night I think Vandy had a better than even chance of doing so.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Rest of my picks for the weekend:

Gamecocks
NC State
Spartans

Notre Dame
West Virginia
Nebraska
Boston College
Clemson
Alabama
Virginia Tech

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

It wasn't pretty, but Vandy got away with a couple as well.

I'd say that it wasn't the best outting, and USC will drop in the polls. Shaw was more of a running back than a quarterback, and that ain't good, as the two hits showed. He's not big enough and tough enough to keep taking hits like that all season. He's a michael vick without the dog problems.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Both sides got away with a couple for sure. This one however came at a critical moment ans affected the outcome I think.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

"Bwaaahahahahahhahahaha". [Wink]

*Should I revive "Cocks Win!" ?

naw.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.