Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Peanuts heading for the big screen

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Peanuts heading for the big screen
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems that Charlie Brown,Snoopy and the whole gang are heading for the silver screen and this isn't the first time that happened!

Go to the link below:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/charlie-brown-peanuts-pals-head-big-screen-17434051#.UHVcr1FSTjI

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing this. I'm a big "Peanuts" fan and had not heard. This will be their fifth feature film and the first since 1980.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I have mixed feelings about this, because while Peanuts the comic strip is one of my favorite things in the world, Peanuts the cartoons have always come up short for me due to a variety of reasons (but mainly that we didn't get to "hear" Snoopy's thoughts, which changed the character in negative ways IMO.) With Charles Schulz no longer with us to write the script, I doubt this movie will change my mind.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Curious...but cautious.

Not having Charles Schultz around makes me the most nervous. I cannot blame the "Estate" for wanting to keep the characters in the public eye by way of the comic books and this movie, as well as the newest television special...it just doesn't feel the same though.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
You never know. I thought Douglas Adams must have hated the way the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie turned out, but then I found out not only was he involved in it, but thought it was good!

So having the creator around doesn't guarantee you'll like it, even if he does.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm guessing it can't fall any flatter than The Simpsons movie did.

[shrug]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.