Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Redneck inventions

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Redneck inventions
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
We may be a bit more country than the rest, but we get the job done!

http://www.boredville.com/31420/Redneck-Inventions

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
We may be a bit more country than the rest, but we get the job done!

http://www.boredville.com/31420/Redneck-Inventions

If it were truly red-neck, that wedding cake would have been deep fried.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Sssssshhhhhh.... don't scare tha city folk.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There seem to be more and more faux red-necks. My ex's (from J-ville) daddy refused to come to the wedding because she was marrying a "Yankee" (capitalization mine). Now THAT's a red-neck.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I was not of the impression that a red-neck was the same as a southerner. Am I wrong in assuming that a Yankee is a northerner in this case?

Hell, I never know what to tell people about whether or not i'm a southerner anyway. I don't consider Missouri a southern state. More midwestern to me. [Big Grin]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I live in West Central New York state. Trust me when I say there are plenty of rednecks here [Smile]

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

http://www.squidoo.com/redneck-history

and thet's a nice theory they got there, but tha simple fak'ah tha matter is, redneck literally meant "red neck". they wuz po' white foek's whut worked in tha sun awl day long and got burned nex. they was poor, didn't take no shit, shot, fought, loved, cussed and lived accordin'ta they terms and tha resta tha wirld cuud kiss they ass.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
I was not of the impression that a red-neck was the same as a southerner.

It's not but they can adjectify each other, as in this case. Likewise, being "Southern" does not mean you would call someone from the north a "yankee."

[ November 12, 2012, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Blockade Boy ]

rickshaw1
Leader

Southern Definitions:

Yankee: Northerner that comes down south, has a good time, is decent to folks, and goes back home happy and no one minds them coming back.

Damn Yankee: Same as above, except that they bitch the entire time, complain about how southerners are "slow" and don't move fast, spend all the money they borrowed for vacation and then return to the north while southerners sit back and count their money.

Goddamn Yankees: Damn yankees that never go home.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.