Legion World
Posted By: Daryl Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/03/08 02:19 PM
What's the general consensus on how to read/store LSH once it becomes "Tales of the LSH?"

I just finished reading #313 (next is 1st issue of Tales and Baxter) and wondered what the best approach was.

Thanks -
I alternate mine, which is confusing because I only have "Tales" until it finishes, and only started getting the Baxters a few years later once we got a comic shop. So my long box goes, 313, 326, 314, 327, etc., then after Tales runs out, I start with Baxter #30 after that. Of course, Baxter #18 is stuffed in there somewhere too, because the "Tales" issues didn't reprint that one.

It's messy, but at least I can understand it.
I always stored and read mine chronologically. The story flow just seemed to make the most sense. I stopped buying Tales once it went into reprints of the Baxter series. For a time, the two consecutive titles were like when LoSH and Legionnaires were running at the same time, except for lack of the helpful Legion logo yearly issue numbering.
Posted By: Jerry Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/04/08 12:06 AM
I store the the first 12 issues of Tales at the end of LSH v. 2. Anything after #12 I intermingle with the Baxter series in chronological order.

So, as with all things Legion related, there is no general consensus.
I keep each title together, in a long box with a section for Tales and the section behind it for Baxter.
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
I keep each title together, in a long box with a section for Tales and the section behind it for Baxter.
Ditto
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
[b]I keep each title together, in a long box with a section for Tales and the section behind it for Baxter.
Ditto[/b]
Ditto the second.

(btw, three of us in a row having endorsed this so early in the thread means you are now officially compelled to file them our way, Daryl--don't force us to "big time" ya! laugh )
Posted By: Yk Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/04/08 03:05 AM
Ok so we've settled the storage portion of the question.

Now what about which order to read them in?
Read the 12 issues of "Tales" first, and then dive into the Baxter run.

Then, add a dash of salt, some Velveeta and some broccoli florets. Simmer for an hour, and you're all set!

Next? laugh
Yeah, don't makes us come over dere!! lol
Yeah--what he said! wink
I always read the 12 issues of Tales first too, then switch to Baxter. I detect another enforced trend coming (we just need a third on this one too...) smile
Thirded! laugh
Holla!!!

lol
Read them backwards. You'll discover the hidden messages that way.
Posted By: Daryl Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/04/08 01:23 PM
smile

Thanks!
Jillikers guys, you're doing it all wrong. You've gotta read the first three issues of Tales first, then the entire LoSV Baxter story, then the Tales issues up to the finale of the Dawny/Brainy story, then the Ayla one-shot in Baxter, then the missing heroes/Baxter story, then the remaining Tales issues, and then you return to the Baxter series.

Jillikers! Oversimplifying is the antithesis of all things Legion!
I agree with Cobie!
thirded, but i store them chronologically
Posted By: Yk Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/04/08 06:29 PM
Does that "Kole" story make any sense to anybody?
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Jillikers guys, you're doing it all wrong. You've gotta read the first three issues of Tales first, then the entire LoSV Baxter story, then the Tales issues up to the finale of the Dawny/Brainy story, then the Ayla one-shot in Baxter, then the missing heroes/Baxter story, then the remaining Tales issues, and then you return to the Baxter series.

Jillikers! Oversimplifying is the antithesis of all things Legion!
Don't forget the Annual! (which occurs in the middle of LoSV, but seems to fit better with the Tales issues).
Good call, and agreed on where you're fitting it in!
Posted By: Daryl Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/05/08 12:56 PM
Ouch! My head hurts.
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Does that "Kole" story make any sense to anybody?
Jeepers! If you're mixing in your Teen Titans issues with your Legion issues, no wonder it doesn't make sense!
Don't listen to those guys, Daryl...we didn't steer ya wrong on page one! nod Heck, the last original issue of Tales ends with a shameless plug by the charcters for the reprinted stories that commence with the next issue!

The Tales run is a series of nice character-focussing standalone stories with no spoilers of the Baxter stories. So if you're reading Tales first, then Baxter, you're reading it exactly the same way as the folks who either had no access to specialty shops or did but were patient and decided not to spend the extra moolah for better paper quality.

Now, what, pray tell, is wrong with that, Daryl?
Posted By: Daryl Re: Tales of the LSH/Baxter series question... - 03/05/08 09:50 PM
That sounds good to me Clive. Thanks to everybody's input.

I did have another small panic attack last night as I tried to figure out the "proper" place to store Legionnaires Three! smile
Store it where I store mine Daryl...at the end of time!!! smile
As with all minis, File them chronologically behind Adventures, Action, Superboy, Superboy and the LSH, LSH, Baxter LSH and TMK thru Zero Hour. As for Annuals, file them behind their respective volumes--minis beginning behind the TMK-era annuals.

Note: obviously Reboot and Threeboot should be filed separately and behind all pre-Zero Hour comics and related minis, with Threeboot behind Reboot.
mix them up like a deck of cards and read them out of order!

That's kind of how I first started reading the preboot!
© Legion World