Legion World
Posted By: Reboot THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/18/03 08:59 PM
http://newsarama.com/forums/printthread.php?threadid=5773

Looks good, but there's an annoying continuity glitch on the second preview page - it wasn't Mekt who got the idea of using the Beasts, it was Ayla.
Posted By: Somebody Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/18/03 09:12 PM
I noticed the same thing (I've posted it on the Newsarama thread too). Here's the exchanges which show it:

LSH 0:

Mekt: "Damn it! It's no use! There was a short--and now the capacitor's completely drained! We're stuck!"

Ayla: "Not necessarily. There are the lightning beasts."

Mekt: "Lightning what?"

Ayla: "Excuse me again for being the only one who studies. Maybe if we lure the beasts to the ship, they'll recharge your stupid capacitor.
You guys have to be careful for a change, though. They get spooked real easily."

Garth: "Well. DUH/ We've got it, okay? No loud sounds or sudden-- HOLY--"

[And for anyone who says this was a dream sequence, this was reaffirmed by Ayla in LSH 64 - "Our big brother Mekt got us stranded on the planet Korbal -- world of the lightning beasts. I thought we could trick them into recharging our ship's batteries. I was wrong."]
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/18/03 10:19 PM
went there and read them...looks great!! but things have caught my attention: Steve Lightle and Keith Champage is writing the story that will take the Legion to the planet QWARD!!! QWARD!?!? What's up with that? Whoa! That's another big spoiler right there!
cool feature !!! and some NEW interesting facts .....

it was good to see that Academy group shot in colour !!!

can't wait for the next few months, and the "Foundations" issues are bi-monthly, too !!!

Matthew.
Posted By: Sonnie Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/18/03 11:49 PM
maybe I'm being anal but KQ welcomes twenty recruits yet I count twenty one!!

Is it just me who thinks this is linked to the conspiracy?
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 12:06 AM
So we've got Qward (anti-matter universe planet) and Wildfire (anti-matter based energy being, at least preboot)...hmmm...
Posted By: joe mondo Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
Looks good, but there's an annoying continuity glitch on the second preview page - it wasn't Mekt who got the idea of using the Beasts, it was Ayla.
But this is the story as recollected by a mentally unbalanced fellow. His memory might be...slanted.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 02:44 AM
I'm just glad there's finally a push for LEGION again.
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 06:09 AM
joe,

That was my take on the story as well. Mekt is remembering the story the way he wants to.

and Sonnie, I forgot to add that I noticed the same thing you did about the extra recruit (21 instead of 20). Wonder if it was significant?
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 06:16 AM
I thought the same thing of Mekt. He is trying to make himself important in the lives of Garth and Ayla and remembering being responsible for their powers is the way he does it.

And I wondered about the mistake Kid Q made and thought maybe this is the beginning of her resignation. Maybe she purposely didn't count the Robotican applicant out of prejudice.

Then again, maybe DnA can't count. laugh
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 09:26 AM
Oh boy!! This is sounding very complicated. Love it.
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 12:55 PM
Looks like it's going to be an awesome issue. It'll be nice to have a couple stand-alone issues before the next big epic.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 02:14 PM
I liked the atricle very much, but I'm not sure if I agree with these words by Steve Wacker:

“Everyone on the book probably feels different about this, but my personal feeling is that at the end of the day, the book is about three friends (Live Wire, Saturn Girl, and Cosmic Boy) and their absolutely altruistic, non-ironic belief that they can help every being in the universe. All three play a big part in Foundations.”

I really think that the Legion of Super-Heroes HAS to be about more than the Legionnaires 3. Sure, thry're important, and an important sub-group... but they're NOT the Legion. It would go on without them.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/19/03 07:34 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you here Jeff, as I found that statement not totally true myself. And of course the Legion would go on without the 3 because it is more than them. Its the ideal they represent. But without that initial attempt on R.J.'s life these three never would have bonded and that spark that R.J. captured and turned into the storm known as the Legion would not have been.

So yes they are important, more than a sub-group. They are the FOUNDATION of the Legion.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 01:49 AM
45? Why, THE LEGION's still a spring chicken!
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 08:16 AM
WOWSA! TnT's pages look faboo!!

lil'rhino
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
So we've got Qward (anti-matter universe planet) and Wildfire (anti-matter based energy being, at least preboot)...hmmm...
For the record, Wildfire was "anti-energy" preboot. He appears to be thermonuclear energy now, but "anti-energy' just sounds cooler. I'm really looking forward to another Lightle issue either way. As a big Green Lantern fan, it'll be great to see a piece of that mythos play a part in "Legion".
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 01:13 PM
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
I agree (though honestly, "faboo" was not the word that came to my mind wink ). These guys should just go and do a big tabloid-sized Legion graphic novel!
Posted By: Reboot Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 04:31 PM
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Yah - but how come Cos' costume (still blue in the Batista pages) is lilac again there?

And it looked to me like Mekt was trying to be bluntly honest in that page there.
Posted By: Arachne Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 07:11 PM
A good interview overall, but I was a little disturbed by that reference to the "main Legionnaires." That implies that some of the Legionnaires are considered mere supporting characters. Not that I think every character should get equal panel time in every issue or anyhting, but that sounded kind of like a permanent division to me.

I'm probably overreacting.
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/20/03 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Arachne:
A good interview overall, but I was a little disturbed by that reference to the "main Legionnaires." That implies that some of the Legionnaires are considered mere supporting characters. Not that I think every character should get equal panel time in every issue or anyhting, but that sounded kind of like a permanent division to me.

I'm probably overreacting.
I hope that they don't place importance over certain Legionnaires. I much prefer the lesser known cast members (Dreamer. Thom, Projectra etc..) I really don't care at all for the founders...

But that's just me...
Posted By: Arachne Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 05:10 AM
No, not just you. The post-boot founders don't interest me at all.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 10:15 AM
Speculate, speculate. The Superboy look-alike in the Academy panel reminded me of Rond Vidar, because of the purple glasses. And a guy in the back with blue hair, maybe blue skin could be Grev.
Posted By: Estimate Lad Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Speculate, speculate. The Superboy look-alike in the Academy panel reminded me of Rond Vidar, because of the purple glasses. And a guy in the back with blue hair, maybe blue skin could be Grev.
My first thought was that the floaty glasses guy was a re-booted Kent Shakespear...guess we'll just have to wait and see!!!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Estimate Lad:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[b] Speculate, speculate. The Superboy look-alike in the Academy panel reminded me of Rond Vidar, because of the purple glasses. And a guy in the back with blue hair, maybe blue skin could be Grev.
My first thought was that the floaty glasses guy was a re-booted Kent Shakespear...guess we'll just have to wait and see!!! [/b]
It has already been confirmed by Chris Batista that it is indeed Kent and not Rond. And the, maybe miscolored, large gentleman to his right (our left), next to Wildfire, is supposed to be the Blok/Stone Boy amalgam.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 12:29 PM
Oh and speaking of miscolorings, since when is Grava (Comet Queen) blue?
Posted By: Reboot Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/21/03 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
It has already been confirmed by Chris Batista that it is indeed Kent and not Rond. And the, maybe miscolored, large gentleman to his right (our left), next to Wildfire, is supposed to be the Blok/Stone Boy amalgam.
I doubt he's miscoloured - probably the Stone Boy influence is that he powers up/down to and from his silicoid form.

And who knows about Comet Queen...
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/22/03 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
And who knows about Comet Queen...
I think it'd be cool if she changes colors depending on the kinds of gasses she emits.

Either way, blue's ok too...
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: THE LEGION: TURNING 45 WITH #25 - 09/22/03 10:55 PM
Comet Queen's rebooted!!! *gasp* Rebooted!!! lol
© Legion World