Legion World
After 3 amazing Supergirl covers in a row, I for one can't wait to see what Barry comes up with for issue #19.

Even more so, how long will it continue to be SUPERGIRL & The LOSH??

So Lightning Lad, can you get us another sneak peek before Monday?????

Please!!

LLLATER!!!!

scream
I'll do my best. smile
As promised. Interesting cover. Can't wait to read the solicitation.

[edit note: solicitation added after cover]

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

click to enlarge

SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #19

Written by Mark Waid, art by Barry Kitson and Mick Gray, cover by Kitson.

Chameleon takes center stage as he puts his detective skills to work on a challenging case that could have major consequences for 31st century Earth! Plus, get to know the Legion's newest member - no, it's not Supergirl!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on June 28.
What a fantastic cover!
Except... aren't you supposed to draw the chalk marks while the body is still laying there?
Maybe he couldn't draw fast enough? Looks like a puddle of proto-plasm to me.
It is very nice and eye-catching.

But, if we're keeping the Supergirl-dominating-the-cover-theme, then it looks like Supergirl is really a giant bug who's now dead. wink
I assumed that was blood or something...
It was still listed under Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes. So either it is an assumption or Supergirl is gone by this issue maybe.
Element Lad and Light Lass seem stunned. Shadow Lass seems to have a knowing smirk.
isn't that Nardo? the chalk line looks like that it's him who s being killed? maybe I am wrong.
Unless he's grown mutliple arms and a tail... no.
Um,...Shady doesn't have anything against Chameleon, does she?

Nah! That's just crazy talk!

(I hope...)
Maybe the kneeling personge is 'Dream Boy' (from last month's solicit) and the chalk circle is a figure from the future.
With four SPs, I guess that's the remains of their spy on the ground or in the glowing (?) shape above.
Did Element Lad do that? You'd think so by his pained expression and glowing chest emblem.

You know, I'm starting to get a creepy feeling about him and Ayla. Still, it's nice to see Jan featured prominently on a cover for a change.
Originally posted by wamu2:
Shadow Lass seems to have a knowing smirk.
Nah, she's just hungry and thinking back to grandma's recipe for Durlan tartare.
LL,

Thanks for the image. Man I love this cover.

So many questions, the least of which not being:

OMG, could that be an alien Supergirl gone for good from the Legion?

Go Barry!

LLLater!

UltraBoy3
Wow! Legion versus the Science Police in sidewalk chalk art contest! That's gonna be a scorcher!
Here's the solicitation info:

SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #19

Written by Mark Waid, art by Barry Kitson and Mick Gray, cover by Kitson.

Chameleon takes center stage as he puts his detective skills to work on a challenging case that could have major consequences for 31st century Earth! Plus, get to know the Legion's newest member - no, it's not Supergirl!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on June 28.
Yay! Cham as Detective!

Just how long has it been?
A new member! Let the speculation begin.
Brin Londo
I'm wondering if this will be the storyline that explains the current lack of aliens in the Legion...
Maybe gramps is more intolerant of aliens than he is of the young'uns. Xenophobe!
If Cham's the detective is he the legionnaire in the SP?
Quite possibly.

And new Legionnaire = Dream Boy?
*choke* I can't help but hope for Wildfire.

Cham as detective - YAY!
If the membership sequence is fixed to when the Legion was in ADVENTURE, maybe Chemical King might return nod
Shikari?

1 Year later? ?

Wait not yet right, still hanging!

LLLater!

UltraBoy3
Dream BOY? This is an outrage!!!

But I can't help but wonder... if he's cute...
Well, he might be related to Ren Uoxon (ADVENTURE 384) and look how HE ended up, LASH... shudder
How about Mon-El? If Supergirl's tenure is over, it would be an interesting time to intro either he or Superboy into the Legion.
I'd like to see waid take it slow on introducing Chareceters.... how many did we have by the time of the 16th appearance of teh Legion.... I say slow down and take it easy....develop what he has...
Shikari, Londo, no. TPTB have proven thamselves much too cruel. Nothing so sweet, but maybe bittersweet....
Hi Guys
Great speculations!
Glad you seem to like the cover - I'll send scans to Noghtcrawler ASAP! smile
i thought from the small image that might be sper girl's chalk outline.
Geez, right when i decide to drop the title I find out we get a focus on Cham...being a detective. Something else else I've been begging for!!! I will certainly pick up THIS issue! smile
Originally posted by Tromium:
Did Element Lad do that? You'd think so by his pained expression and glowing chest emblem.
If you look closely at his left hand, it appears to be smoking as if he had just used his power on whatever that was.
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Geez, right when i decide to drop the title I find out we get a focus on Cham...being a detective. Something else else I've been begging for!!! I will certainly pick up THIS issue! smile
You know... one of my first thoughts when I read this was "This is one of things Jorge's been clamoring for..."
The 31st Century and their still using chalk ... talk about a lack of technology!
That's laser-chalk... of space!
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Maybe he couldn't draw fast enough? Looks like a puddle of proto-plasm to me.
Dear God, the dead alien squashed Proty??!?!?!?
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
[b] Maybe he couldn't draw fast enough? Looks like a puddle of proto-plasm to me.
Dear God, the dead alien squashed Proty??!?!?!?[/b]
One could only hope. wink
Omigod! Someone killed Dr. Mayavale!

Wait. Am I suppose to cry or cheer?
It looks like two bodies in the chalk outline - a human flattened by a leapin' lizard, perhaps.
[b]
[b] Maybe he couldn't draw fast enough? Looks like a puddle of proto-plasm to me.
Dear God, the dead alien squashed Proty??!?!?!?[/b]
One could only hope. wink [/b]
lol at your undying hatred of Saturn Girl's husband... wink

ProtyII ==> LightningLad3 SaturnGirl3
Hey, dem's fightin' words round these here parts!

I smell a "banning" coming on...
Hey, dem's fightin' words round these here parts!

I smell a "banning" coming on...
It wasn't me. It was that &*$%#& Proty impersonating me again... little sprocker...
The body outline reminds me of the character Ultra Boy was punching on a previous cover (#7?) which had nothing to do with that inside story at the time.
PS - I bet the new Legionnaire is Bouncing Boy
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
PS - I bet the new Legionnaire is Bouncing Boy
He's not showing up until issue #22. BouncingBoy
Didn't they say at one point that they were going to introduce an original Legionnaire? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
Though I suspect they're refering to Dream Boy, I hope it's either Mon or Condo!
You are prolly right, but thus far he doesn't look very "original"...

Shan
© Legion World