Legion World
Now that we're through the first year, who's your favorite from the current series?
When did you really want this one ending, EDE? smile

[EDIT: I'm going to give it a month, since I need to get going.]
Jillikers! I meant to enter two weeks, but one month is A-OK!
I'm surprised by the results so far. Tho' for the most part, folks are voting for the characters with the most depth.
except the yet-unseen Atom Girl.

I live Tinya and Salu (among others), but I couldn't say their WaK versions are fleshed out enough to support just yet.
It was a toss up between Brainy and Dreamy for me. Had to go with Dreamy though. Those two have been shown with the most personality and character so far I thought...
DEFinitely Dream Girl!
I think the biggest surprise right now is who's in second.
I'm not really surprised. I almost voted for him, but had a last minute change of heart. Who'd I vote for? I shocked myself--Colossal Boy! He just seems so much more likeable in the threeboot than ever before...
So you're the other person who voted for Colossal Boy...
I can't choose only one. I wish we could have voted for our top three instead.
I really should've done multiple questions allowing people to vote for different numbers of Legionnaires for each. Maybe I'll do a follow-up poll.
so did most people just vote for old favs?
I know I certainly didn't. I almost went with U-Boy before realizing the WaK version hasn't really won me over yet.
I sort of did in that Umbra would have got my vote if we were talking about the DnA version as well, but just by happy chance Shadow Lass is my fave of this version as well (although I did consider Dreamer and Brainy as well.)
I voted for Lightning Lad, but Cosmic Boy, Brainiac Five, Dream Girl, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf and Ultra Boy are right behind on my list. I like most of the new legion a lot.
I voted for Lightning Lad. I considered Cosmic Boy, Brainiac Five, and Dream Girl because they have gotten the best screen time. I also considered Karate Kid, Sun Boy and Timb...(sigh) Brin Londo because it was nice to see them in this form. But I like Lightning Lad because he seems to know what he's doing. He doesn't complain all the time that people don't obey him and he doesn't pontificate on how much of a badass he is.
Still Sun Boy for me. I guess I miss him over the years!
Vote Spoilers ......

Not surprised at the top vote getters, but I was surprised at a few who hasn't gotten any votes (as of 1/2/06). The three I'm thinking of were Chameleon, Triplicate Girl and Light Lass, all of whom have gotten almost as much panel time as anyone. My second vote would have gone to Ayla, but what does this say about some of the characters who Waid has spent time on this first year but who no one really cares about? It supports my opinion that the action should build the characters (a la Cary Bates), not the characters build the action.
RESULTS

Dream Girl-- 10 votes
Cosmic Boy-- 6 votes
Lightning Lad-- 6 votes
Invisible Kid-- 5 votes
Shadow Lass-- 5 votes
Atom Girl-- 4 votes
Brainiac Five-- 3 votes
Projectra-- 3 votes
Colossal Boy-- 3 votes
Star Boy-- 3 votes
Saturn Girl-- 3 votes