Posted By: joe mondo Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 03:58 AM
http://www.buzzscope.com/previewer.php?id=4283&p=1

Hope this isn't old news!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 03:59 AM
Thanks Joe!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:06 AM
oh boy
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:09 AM
Let's bring them over here for those who can't always access that site. Thanks go to Midtown Comics for these scans.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!
!
!
!
!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:18 AM
Hee hee sure brings a nice smile to my face!!!! wwoooow wowoooooo! Can't wait to see what Princess Projectra does!!!
Posted By: 3-G Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:18 AM
-stunned silence-
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:19 AM
also look at her chest!! Whoa!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:25 AM
So THAT's where Jeckie's been all this time!

And now she's a rich spoiled brat. I don't think I'm going to like her frown

Hey, maybe she sould lead a THIRD faction of the Legion? Just to add to the speculation and turmoil. tongue Just kidding.
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:27 AM
Wait, "Royal Sorceress"? So does that mean she'll get full-fledged magical abilities now instead of the illusion powers of old? Or is it just a title? Hm...
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:32 AM
hmmm I don't think she is a "spoiled brat" and yet it's too early to judge her...in the Legion history, Princess Projectra was always affluent...and this is the first time that her mother gets mentioned, not to observe her room which has a huge potrait display (her parents or grandparents?). ONly time will tell.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:35 AM
"Daddy only peasants eat earth food. I need my imports." Hmmm Could it that she is a dragon shifter? who knows? Cant wait next week!!!!
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:46 AM
eek

drool
Posted By: Doctor One Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:52 AM
From now on she'll be Wilimena Morgana to me... lol
Posted By: Merlion Man Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:56 AM
I remember way back in the pre-boot days in the Legion on-the-run storyline, when the Legion was being hounded, Princess Projectra said, "Are you all forgetting that I am a Princess and not without influence?" (or something to that effect) It was the first time readers realise that she is really of royal blood. After the Sneckie fiasco, I am so very very glad to see Princess Projectra of Orlando reestablished with all the regalness and grace. Thank you so very much Mark and Barry for bringing back one of my favourite characters. smile
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 05:00 AM
now I wonder what Timber Wolf sees in her....howwwwllllliiinnnggg! smile
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 05:02 AM
We still need to paint that HQ yellow and red.
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 05:28 AM
I am loving this book more and more with each passing issue! smile
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 06:57 AM
My usual praise on the art and character interaction! I can read Waid's dialogue between these characters forever.

My usual cautious criticism: Maybe a bit too early to introduce Orando and the magic in this future. We need to see more of the future! BUT it seems we will do that as well this issue. I love the "Meet the Legion" type issues!

Usual teenage criticism: Daddy? Cmon her bitchy self would have called him Father.

This looks awesome! Everyone knows the issues where we get to know more about the characters are better than the action issues. (though i loved last issue's action!)
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 08:00 AM
Looks great! I wonder if she's more powerful than her father, if he's appealing to her about the weather?

It will be interesting to see how this financial arrangement plays out. And add bribery to the list of Cosmic Boy's leadership responsibilities!
Posted By: Vee Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 08:49 AM
Hehe, Cos is turning out to be quite a character! laugh

Don't get too carried away with speculation about Jeckie being snobbish. I suspect she's playing the role for "Daddy" as a means of getting mucho dinero from Orando in order to provide the Legion with a budget.

Can someone identify those two comics? I can't quite make them out. One is a Mystery in Space. The other is very blurry but could be the Superboy issue that introduced Mon-El laugh
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 09:13 AM
more change for the sake of it then sigh
Posted By: Paul Newell Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 10:08 AM
[Linked Image]

I'm guessing that "smudge" that's appeared under Lightning Lads chest is Atom Girl. It sorta "little green flying girl" shape. smile

It wasn't there on the preview stuff
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 11:24 AM
Originally posted by PolarBoy:
more change for the sake of it then sigh
I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I'm willing to give Waid some leeway and assume the man has his reasons, even if I might not agree with them.

Originally posted by Merlion Man:
I am so very very glad to see Princess Projectra of Orlando reestablished with all the regalness and grace.
She's from Florida?? (hehe, couldn't resist...)
Posted By: joe mondo Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 12:22 PM
Don't get too carried away with speculation about Jeckie being snobbish. I suspect she's playing the role for "Daddy" as a means of getting mucho dinero from Orando in order to provide the Legion with a budget.
I hope so!

As much as I want Projectra to really be a bit of a princess in attitude as well as title, I don't think I could enjoy her character if she's THIS much of a princess all the time.

But sure beats being a SNAKE.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Vee:
Can someone identify those two comics? I can't quite make them out. One is a Mystery in Space. The other is very blurry but could be the Superboy issue that introduced Mon-El laugh
Here's the first, Mystery in Space #104. Featuring Ultra, the Multi-Alien.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 12:49 PM
The second is obviously, to me, a Superman issue. The logo doesn't come close to Superboy's which was rounded at the top. And this is the issue that first introduced Mon-El:

click to enlarge

The other comic, the one Bodger is holding, is Superman #144, "The Orphans of Space", featuring Kara and Krypto (who is that white smudge by Bodger's finger).

click to enlarge
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 12:56 PM
Did anyone else get the bodyguards' names?

The Rhinoceros by Flanders and Swann

Oh nobody loves the Rhinoceros much
If you ask the reason why,
They will tell you because of his scaly touch
Or his hard and glittering eye;
But should you ask a truthful man
You will get this quick response:
I do not trust that thing on his nose
The bodger on his bonce!

Oh the bodger on the bonce!
The bodger on the bonce!
Pity the poor old Rhino with
The bodger on the bonce!

Yet a sensitive heart the Rhinoceros owns.
If you doubt it, here's the proof;
That thing on his nose is for taking stones
Out of a horse's hoof:
He seldom, if ever meets a horse
(It is this that makes him sad)
When he does then it hasn't a stone in its hoof,
But he would if he did and it had!

Oh the bodger on the bonce!
The bodger on the bonce!
The bodger on the bonce!

And just to bring pleasure to those
Who like to enjoy the natural scene,
He picks up litter on his spike
To keep the forest clean:
And if one day to his habitat
For a picnic you should roam,
He would open a tin should you
Have left your opener at home,

With the bodger on the bonce!
The bodger on the bonce!
The bodger on the bonce!

So treat the Rhinoceros as your friend
Though he looks a fearsome sight,
He amply justifies his end
Because his means are right;
And ask yourself, would you do as well
Fulfilling long-felt wants,
If nature had endowed you with
A Bodger on your bonce?

Yes, a Bodger on your bonce?
A Bodger on your bonce?
If nature had endowed you with
A Bodger on your bonce?
A Bodger on your bonce?
A Bodger on your bonce?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:13 PM
I'm intrigued by this version of Projectra, but still miffed by the whole concept of people on the "core team" not knowing one another. If there were, say, 50 people on the team I might buy it, but with less than 20 it just grates that someone like Star Boy, who's been around at least long enough to go on several missions and establish himself as a clutz, would never have even heard of one his fellow members.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:25 PM
Hehehe!

I saw this entire issue not too long ago from a source that I am unable to reveal! smile
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:30 PM
Oh, and did you see how the flight rings make whatever they're wearing into their uniforms if they want? Kewl!

And an easy way to bounce back and forth between the two (and explain why their always in uniform).
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:36 PM
I like it!

And I don't see a probelm of members not knowing each other. I work in a office of 30-40 and not everyone knows each other. I know everyone becasue of the nature of my job, I have to interact with everyone. But for some people they have there own little space and rarely venture forward.

In this case, I think Projecta being less well known is by design and plan.

And was one of her names Morgana? Isn't that Sun Boy's last name?
Posted By: wamu2 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:48 PM
wow. I am looking forward to this issue. I like Projectra. Her character was being established before we even see her(body guards, living in upper floor). good stuff.

an early queston:

how embedded is this public service stuff? okay the flight ring will mask you, but one would think that these guys could find a friendly surgeon willing to remove the chip(or whatever it is) from them?
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RTVU2:
Close. Dirk's last name is "Morgna".
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:55 PM
Originally posted by RTVU2:
Dirk's last name was Morgna.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:56 PM
Hi Craig! laugh
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 01:58 PM
Beat you by a tick of the clock Scott. smile You must be slowing down in your old age... frown

(Kidding of course! I'll be 38 this Sept) laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 02:00 PM
You're still just a young whipper-snapper. smile

I could blame my network but it was probably me. Those old synapses don't fire as quickly as they used to. frown
Posted By: Vee Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
You're still just a young whipper-snapper. smile

I could blame my network but it was probably me. Those old synapses don't fire as quickly as they used to. frown
They say that's the SECOND thing to go. wink
Posted By: EmeraldEmpress Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:14 PM
Good Good Good!
Projectra returns in all her glory!
After the Tinya and Luornu silly origins, I can see something realy great.
Saturn Girl, Shadow Lass and Dream Girl are in my top list.
Ayla...I'll wait...
Only Salu is a mystery for now?
Beautiful work Barry!
You give us the real Projectra at last!
Posted By: The Man From Cargg Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 04:32 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about PP's royal attitude. It is probably the beginning of an arc for her character. Remember, last time around Andromeda started out as a racist but didn't remain same.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 05:29 PM
Hmmmm... apparently Princess Projectra and I have even more in common now than ever before

:looks down and is unable to see shoes:

wink
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 07:49 PM
But your manners are much better...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 10:17 PM
ohmiGAWD!!!!! I adore her already!!!!!!! I'm so glad I peeked!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 10:43 PM
Hmm... weather problems on Orando... could it be... SMOG!!!! An obvious clue regarding the return of Mantis Morlo! Yay!

Oh... I suppose one might speculate that the elemental-themed villains of the series are attacking Orando to strike at the financial heart of the U.P., but that would be stretching it...
Posted By: imskian78 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/18/05 10:56 PM
Oh my god! After 11 long years her highness is back and looking fantastic! Thank you, thank you for bringing back Princess Projectra. I still cant believe she is back. Her quarters looked like the medieval look Giffen/Patterson gave her in the issues before the great darkness. I cannot eait to see what happens. Jeckie has always been my second fav. character (next to Violet) and now she is whole again! We need to see Salu soon folks! Long live Princess Projectra!!!!
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:03 AM
I think it is safe to say that Garth and Projectra are not brother and sister, as some have speculated this time around.

I don't think she'd be thrilled to see him gallavanting about "like a commoner" if he were royalty.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:48 AM
Snooty attitude. Assloads of money.

Leapin' Jeepers! Princess Projectra is the re-imagined Lester Spiffany! It all adds up!

I'll love her even if her snootiness is just a put-on for Pops.

But I hope she's really super-"C U Next Tuesday"-ty and able to back it up with some super ass-kicking (of space).
Posted By: Matter-Eater Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:56 AM
Projectra looks good enough to...

Awww, you know what I'm gonna say.

Tenz
MatterEaterLad
Posted By: Doctor One Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:56 AM
I wonder how Orando got all that money. You wouldn't think that a medieval world would be that rich...
Posted By: LegionFan223 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:57 AM
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw those pages!!! Hip, Hip, Hurray!!! Jeckie is back in a big way!! (Double D by the looks of it!) I am so psyched to see her looking so beautiful again and that there are no reptiles in her family tree! It would make sense that she lives off by herself and has bodyguards, but I think that her conversation with Daddy is just an act to secretly fund the Legion! It looks like this issue is going to make up for the crappy Lu & Tinya origins! I hope she is a full powered sorceress this time around and that she kicks some serious ass! I have been waiting since the last reboot for my favorite to come back and now she has!! Happy days are here again....
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 02:52 AM
And may I add that her hair is FABOO.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 03:09 AM
And is "Willi" now an acceptable nickname for her?
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Juan:
I wonder how Orando got all that money. You wouldn't think that a medieval world would be that rich...
Maybe they have a spice that gives people a longer life and mental powers? wink
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 05:57 AM
ROWR!!!!!
Big crush! Can't wait to draw pictures of her!
just love those preview pages !! the interaction between COS and STAR BOY was cool

love the info about the FLIGHT RINGS and how much they cost and their 'other' powers !! the costume morph power is great !! it was cool to see it in action !!

and what can i say about PROJECTRA, she looked AMAZING !! can't wait to see more of her !!

it's just a shame, we have another [ 2 weeks, is it ?? ]

Matthew.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 07:28 AM
Somewhere in Legion history, Orando was depicted as a world very rich in resources which the rest of the UP needed. In the post-boot, we had racoon mine-workers. Presumably, Daddy has been able to negotiate some very beneficial exploitation agreements this time around, with or without the raccoons.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[QUOTE] In the post-boot, we had racoon mine-workers.
Racoon mine workers? I am so glad I didn't buy those issues!
Posted By: Kinetix Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 10:07 AM
Very nice. And damn if Projectra doesn't look just downright yummy...

J
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 11:07 AM
Bodger Bonce
Posted By: Tromium Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 11:23 AM
Bodger and Bonce are soooo cute. I love 'em.

Heh, still a little bit of DnA Sensor in this Jeckie, methinks. The sorcery angle should be a lot of fun. I wonder what the Legion's new witch will think of its resident warlock (Element Lad)?

"Your mother and I want you home". Hmmmm ... it might not be long before Daddy wises up, PP loses her "allowance" and the Legion loses its cash cow. Not that Jeckie is a cow ...

Cos is such a brown-nose ...er... diplomat.

Star Boy MUST be Thom Kallor. No one else is that loveably clueless.

"Element Lad's personal stash." Wait till Cos finds his OTHER stash! lol
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 11:38 AM
Dig Willi's space-bean bag collection! If I was a Legionnaire, I'd hang out in her room ALL the time!
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Bodger Bonce
LOVE IT!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 12:09 PM
Thanks to Scott for the covers. Even though I shrank them down to non-recognition. I used the covers that he posted for the comic covers.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 12:12 PM
Glad to contribute. Those have to be two of the coolest graemlins yet!
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 12:38 PM
My only concern is that if Projectra is now a sorceress in this continuity, does that make it less likely that we'll ever see Mysa?
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 01:22 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Dig Willi's space-bean bag collection! If I was a Legionnaire, I'd hang out in her room ALL the time!
Yep the HQ vibe reminds me of a college dorm (raging hormones and practical jokes everywhere). And willi's room is big one at the end of the hall. Plenty of room to stretch out for debauchery. The girl's rich allowance providing a plentiful supply of funky decor and high quality... uh... medicinal herbs.

Eureka the source of Orando's space wealth.
Posted By: Charles Phipps Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 02:00 PM
My guess is White Witch would be more likely the Princess' sister this time
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
My guess is White Witch would be more likely the Princess' sister this time
Wasn't the White Witch in the throng outside the HQ? Camping out with 31st century space hippies so unbecoming.

As someone mentioned, Royal Sorceress could just be a title like "Her Royal Highness" (I tell ya' Eliabeth II doesn't look too tall on her visit to Canada today... she looks more like the Queen Mum every year).
Posted By: Mediocre Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 04:07 PM
I can't believe that I'm the first person to comment on a very intriguing--and perhaps unsettling--aspect of Projectra's physical appearance: she looks a heck'uv'a lot like Glorith. That just blows me away! (For newer readers, Glorith was a very powerful foe in previous continuities who had mystically derived time powers.)

And speaking of Projectra's powers, the fact that she's referred to as a "sorceress" doesn't necessarily mean that she'll have a bunch of magical powers other than those associated with illusion casting. For one thing--in D & D type lore, at least--illusion casting is its own school of magic (and potentially a very powerful one at that). Besides, the old Jeckie derived her illusion casting powers from an inherited magical ability (the serpent version excepted, of course--her's were mentally derived, I think), and she didn't manifest a bunch of other powers.

I am hopeful, however, that she has powers of the same magnitude that she manifested the first time that she became "Sensor" rather than simply "Princess Projectra." Half of the fun then was simply in trying to pin down her abilities.

Anyway, to sum up my feelings, I loved--absolutely LOVED--the preview and can't wait for the issue to come out! And the art looked fantastic! Woo hoo!!!!!! laugh
Posted By: King of Snake Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 04:14 PM
This preview more than made up for the "Sneckie" fiasco. Let me add myself to the list of readers who is SO glad Projectra is back!!! I am loving everything I've seen so far, and can't wait for the issue to come out.
Posted By: doublechinner Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/19/05 08:14 PM
Looks like yet another triumph for giving us strong, distinctive, interesting, FUN characters in the new Legion. These characters have made me realize how much we were really missing over the last decade. Almost all of the characters leap off the page with a vibrancy and individuality that brings them alive.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 03:30 AM
Mysa being Projecta's younger sister does make more sense. Infact all magic stuff going thru Orando in a somewhat nice organized manner would be fun wouldn't it? Ofcourse organization and magic don't really flow together.

I think the Mysa panel was an easter egg and really don't mean much. But if she does show up I shall love it!
Posted By: Alienfish Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 03:32 AM
I really do like the way the characters are deveploping. Projectra as a potential "spoiled brat" is great. Really think about it. How social and emotional wrecks we were/are as teens.
Ultra Boy= out of control jock but thinks he is in control.
Brainiac= brain that thinks he knows everthing and has a fit if things don't fit his reality.
Projectra= poor little rich girl.

Barry's art kick's. I can't wait to get this issue.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 04:45 AM
Also, a big thumb's UP to Art's inks!
Posted By: Alienfish Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 05:06 AM
Art is a really cool guy. I had a chance to meet him at his studio a few years back.

Did I see wrong or is he doing all the interior art for ish 9?
Posted By: Director Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 12:21 PM
I had a chance to read a preview copy of #6 last night at my CBS (where I'm now a part-time employee!).

Mark and Barry continue to do us proud. This issue is fantastic.

Spoilers:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
We do find out Lemnos's secret. He's not quite who you think he is. And the first big shot in the upcoming war is fired. Now Jeckie will have even more in common with Element Lad.
Posted By: Vee Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 01:17 PM
eek

I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means!

eek
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Director Lad:
And the first big shot in the upcoming war is fired. Now Jeckie will have even more in common with Element Lad.
I read that only one way. Maybe the troubling weather is just the beginning of the end.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/20/05 01:48 PM
Hmmmm... I sense a Crisis brewing...
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/21/05 12:09 AM
director lad - SPILL IT!!!!!!!! laugh pppplease? just highlight it so to hide the spoilers. Hmm?
Posted By: LegionFan223 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/21/05 03:43 AM
Oh NO!!! This sounds very ominous for my dear Jeckie! If I'm reading this right we are going to be introduced to Mrs. Projectra (which is a first) only to have her....... OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/21/05 04:16 AM
Maybe it won't be so bad if we pretend it's the Orando from the last 'boot?
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/21/05 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Maybe it won't be so bad if we pretend it's the Orando from the last 'boot?
Not really - have you smelled burning raccoon fur? Believe me, you don't wanna....!

I'm beginning to wonder just how much those flight rings cost. The Princess certainly doesn't seem lacking in funds.

I'm more intrigued than ever about Brin's connection now... (could they be the new Jo/Tinya? (bad boy/girl of privilege))

One thing that continues to bother me is how clueless members are about the team they're on, and their own teammates. It's one thing to use Invisible Kid as the newcomer to show the reader around, but these guys seem to barely know each other or what's going on around them. Are they being left in the dark or just oblivious? We've been told that things aren't what they seem and that the reasons the various Legionnaires have for joining are as varied as they are. What'll happen once the "truth" comes to light about what they've been fighting for?
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/21/05 08:30 PM
Poor Jeckie. There goes the UP economy and stability probably. Interesting...very.

Lemnos can't wait to see who he is!!! Director Lad spoil me please? Was I right about the Daxamites red light/yellow light being reversed in this new continuity? Is he a descendant of Lar Gand? thanks.
Posted By: Tromium Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 11:58 AM
Two additional pages at TheComicFanatic.Com . Click to enlarge.

Here's why Star Boy doesn't know anything about Jeckie!

click to enlarge click to enlarge
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 12:09 PM
All I can say is... WOW!

Jeckie is going to be hit hard. She just wants to be improtant. And her Legion duties keeping her from home when it needs her?

OUCH.

Trouble is brewing...
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 01:24 PM
Wednesday can't get here soon enough. I want to know what this is all about.
Posted By: Kinetix Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 01:41 PM
Ouch...

If what we've been inferring from what we were told about Orando... This is gonna hurt.

Ahhh, to be a comic character, to offer comfort.

wink

J
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 02:48 PM
Wow. Based on the last page, Projectra is well on her way to becoming one of my favorite characters in this incarnation. I can't wait to see what they do with her.
Posted By: wamu2 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 03:32 PM
wow. Cos is using Jeckie just for her gold press latium(or what ever money is in the futre)! just wrong, really wrong. I don't care how noble his purposes are.
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 03:33 PM
and Cosmic Boy does not know that she has a power? She is a "royal sorceress", meaning she has powers, right? *scratching head*
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 03:36 PM
I'm guessing he just thinks "Royal Sorceress" is an honorary title. Maybe he doesn't believe in magic?
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 03:39 PM
also, that moves Star Boy up to the list that he may be possibly the one who will quit the Legion when the Legion splits??
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 03:40 PM
Eryk - oh boy, can't wait to see Cosmic Boy's face when Jeckie shows him something..it'll be priceless. heh.
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 05:53 PM
I'm intrigued by this version of Projectra, but still miffed by the whole concept of people on the "core team" not knowing one another. If there were, say, 50 people on the team I might buy it, but with less than 20 it just grates that someone like Star Boy, who's been around at least long enough to go on several missions and establish himself as a clutz, would never have even heard of one his fellow members.
Maybe. That was my initial reaction as well. But then I thought if it this way. The Legion sees itself as having 81,000 members. We don't know that all of them have super-powers, they just have to subscribe to the philosophy. We also don't know that all of the "core" members live in the clubhouse. With the transmatter devices, someone like Star Boy could spend most of his time on his homeworld and only come to Earth for occasional missions, so he's only met the members he's been on missions with.

If Star Boy did not know that there were living quarters in the turets, it's not far-fetched to supose that he has never thought to ask for a list of all 15-20 members that have flight rings.

And as to the 15-20 core members, I believe that is a SP estimate. IIRC, we've never been given such a number by any Legionnaire. So, the SP probably is not counting the same members we are. They've probably never seen Jekkie. On the other hand, someone like Visi-Lass (Theena, I think her name was) probably has a much higher profile with them.
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 05:59 PM
I imagine, much like the otherwise third world middle east, they have some resource that other worlds are desperatly in need of. Fuel for the transmatter devices? Drinking water? We'll see.
Posted By: Portfolio Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 06:04 PM
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

love the info about the FLIGHT RINGS and how much they cost and their 'other' powers !! the costume morph power is great !! it was cool to see it in action !!
I am cool with everything except the fact that the rings now apparantly stand in for transuits. Full environmental protection, on top of everyting else, just seems an awful lot for one little ring to do, even in the 31st century.

After all, Earth has seen a millenium of peace, and technology tends to make its greatest leaps in times of conflict. I would expect 1,000 years of utopia to have actually stagnated technological advancements to some degree.
Posted By: Tromium Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/22/05 11:06 PM
Comixtreme.Com has published an early review with a few mild spoilers. Here's the direct link .

The issue includes a THREE-PAGE letter column!!
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 12:15 AM
Hmm, I am starting to wonder about RJ Brande - is it possible that this time it was Princess Projectra that Cos, LL, and Saturn Girl saved from being assassinated? Princess Projectra = RJ Brande?
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 12:23 AM
Maybe Lemnos is really Brande this time around.
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 02:53 AM
From the first four pages, I thought "Is she supposed to be a Paris Hilton type or does she only appear to be that?". The next preview pages, with Cos' comments about not sending her on missions and her Legion flag submissions with her picture on them made me think "ok, so she really is a self-centered brat". But then that very last bit of dialogue where she tells her father she thinks she may "finally get to do something important" totally won my heart!! Now I really am not sure what to think of her -- good job Waid.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 03:12 AM
Projectra not being exactly what she appears to be? Who'd have thought... wink

And I really dig the Lemnos = Brande idea...
Posted By: Yk Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 03:23 AM
Another excellent issue of one of the best titles being published today.
Love the quote at the end of the article.
There was no mention of credits for the backup story. Does Barry do the artwork there too or do we get a guest artist for the spot?

Gawd- Wednesday is TOO far away!
Posted By: Shadow Kid Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 06:03 AM
Star Boy not knowing who Projectra is sheds some interesting light on Brin's involvement with the legion. If an actual member isn't aware of her but he is, how close has T-Wolf been to the legion in the past? Perhaps he played a role in the legion's formation or at least was around during their very early days.

I love that final page. Projectra kinda reminds me of Shannon from lost.
Posted By: Gizmo321 Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 06:13 AM
All this, plus a brainy back up story, AND 3 pages of letter column goodness. It doesn't get much better than that! (unless of course this issue dumps the DC in Demand page)
Posted By: SiliconDream Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
Star Boy not knowing who Projectra is sheds some interesting light on Brin's involvement with the legion. If an actual member isn't aware of her but he is, how close has T-Wolf been to the legion in the past? Perhaps he played a role in the legion's formation or at least was around during their very early days.
Conversely, given Brin's apparent distaste for manipulating other Legionnaires, if he has/had a close relationship with Projectra it's hard to imagine him simultaneously viewing her as the clueless sugar mommy. Thanks to him, she may have a much better idea of her real function for the Legion than Cosmic Boy suspects. Hence, maybe, her "finally get to do something important" aside to her father.
Posted By: Ultra Jorge Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 10:14 AM
Projectra does seem like a stuck up rich girl. She wants to be on the Legion flag?

If her planet is destroyed I can see her turning cold/logical much like she was way back when Val died. I'm a fan of the Jeckie/Brin thing...again reminds me of when they served as leader/deputy leader. smile
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 11:53 AM
Actually, if I remember correctly, the Jeckie of the early Levitz era had a bit of the pampered princess attitude sometimes. This is really just an exaggeration of that, I think.

I don't want her becoming all broody, though. Hopefully the others will take her seriously soon. I'd hate for her to be the Legion's Flamebird...
Posted By: Tromium Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
There was no mention of credits for the backup story. Does Barry do the artwork there too or do we get a guest artist for the spot?
"Waid teams up with Scott Iwahashi for a Brainiac 5 back-up story."

Anyone familiar with Iwahashi's work?
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/23/05 01:13 PM
Iwahashi seems to be a relatively new, in the major comics game anyways. There's mention of him interning with Jim Lee and the Wildstorm people in the fall of 2004.

He's got a site here http://www.ugly-rabbit.com/ with some samples of his work. Looks interesting enough.
Posted By: Vee Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/25/05 01:54 PM
This comes out today? Yes?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/25/05 01:59 PM
YAY! I mean... yes.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/25/05 02:04 PM
Oh, today is comic book day? It totally slipped my mind.
Posted By: Vee Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/25/05 02:05 PM
laugh
Posted By: Haggard Lad Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/25/05 10:36 PM
SPOILERS!!!!

Oh... I suppose one might speculate that the elemental-themed villains of the series are attacking Orando to strike at the financial heart of the U.P., but that would be stretching it...
Wow. You sure called it! smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/28/05 04:44 PM
Eryk has been known to have moments of jeenyus!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 05/28/05 09:38 PM
Though, I would've been even more of a jeenyus if Mantis Morlo had appeared!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 06/08/05 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tromium:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
[b]There was no mention of credits for the backup story. Does Barry do the artwork there too or do we get a guest artist for the spot?
"Waid teams up with Scott Iwahashi for a Brainiac 5 back-up story."

Anyone familiar with Iwahashi's work? [/b]
i thought this was giffen for a split second when i turned the page.
Posted By: Alienfish Re: Four Page Preview of LSH #6 - 06/22/05 04:26 AM
I think the whole "Royalty" bunch of humans here on earth think that their ideas are naturally better than us "common folk". So any idea, even putting your own face on the flag, is the only real choice to make.

Bill
© Legion World