Legion World
I guess everyone's seen Jim Lee's awestastic fabsational variant for LSH # 4, which is an homage to TMK's LSH # 4?

here it is just in case:

[Linked Image]

Pretty excellent, huh?

Now, the question before us is... had you been able to choose 5 other LSH covers for Lee to homage, what would they have been?

Remember they would need to each come from a different era and the TMK era has already been done (or, y'know, just pick whatever you want). smile

1. I suppose ADVENTURE 300 is a no-brainer.

2. LSH 300 with all the characters done by different artists. Let Lee do 'em all on his homage.

3. LSH # 1 (Baxter)

4. S/LSH 216, with Tyroc and Saucy Jones screaming at the Legionnaires.

5. the 'Golden Age' issue of LEGIONAIRES
The Darkseid worship one came to mind- but it's recently been 'homaged' already.

It'd be cool if someone 'homaged' the Bouncing Boy/Duo Damsel wedding pic that's so central to the history of the LSH (and X-men and comics) in a cover. What a challenge that'd be.

Maybe 'Guess who's back- wrong!'...

Or one of the Emerald Empress ones from late Baxter...

Or the Sensor Girl reveal cover...
1. Adventure #332 - "The Super Moby Dick of Space"

2. S/LSH #226 - You Blew it Dawnstar

3. Baxter #5 - Defiant Projectra with a sword after Val's death

4. Legion Lost #1

5. LSH #2 (threeboot) - Star Boy and Shadow Lass
Originally posted by Jerry:
1. Adventure #332 - "The Super Moby Dick of Space"

not a homage but a reprint...
[Linked Image]
Here's my humble list:

1) 60's ... Superboy, natch'
2) 70's ... Cosmic Boy with the black bustier.
3) 80's ... Sensor Girl/Projectra split screen OR Dream Girl as close as possible to how Giffen drew her during the Darkness Saga ... beautiful!
4) 90's ... Lightning Lad
5) 00's ... Karate Kid (52 and Lightning Saga series).
I like the cover where Lightning Lass is facing off against a whole team of villains on her own.

Natch, I have no idea when this was... LSV war on Orando, perhaps?
I would like to see George Perez's art on Dawnstar and Wildfire to appear on the Legion cover someday - here's the link you may want to check out.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=660269&GSub=10092

Enjoy!
Very nice pic .... I remember seeing that picture as a black and white waaaaaaay back when. I think it was used in a trade paperback at one point tho' I can't remember which one now. They never did anything else with it since. The coloured in version looks nice too.
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
I would like to see George Perez's art on Dawnstar and Wildfire to appear on the Legion cover someday - here's the link you may want to check out.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=660269&GSub=10092

Enjoy!
As much as I love most of Perez's art, I do not like his Dawnstar. She looks like a Cher impersonator.
[/qb][/QUOTE]As much as I love most of Perez's art, I do not like his Dawnstar. She looks like a Cher impersonator.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Does this mean you want Dawny to sing Half-Breed? LOL
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
Does this mean you want Dawny to sing Half-Breed? LOL
LOL. I don't know, but it reminded me of this.
Wow, look at Cher in that picture! So 70s.
I guess that Perez pic does make Dawny look a little like Cher. Maybe that was the inspiration?
Who knows, maybe that was Sonny under the Wildfire mask.
I simply didn't recognize Dawny with that thing on her face. What do you call it? Oh, yeah, a smile.

ZenaMoonstruk Jamm
© Legion World