Legion World
Posted By: Tymann Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/25/10 02:13 AM
Are there any scans/pics of the Legion Cadets Brawler, Tomb, Cannus, Retro, Babbage and Amp Girl where you can see the costumes? The only ones I can find are the same two group shots that don't really show much. And did they ever have their own costumes?
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/25/10 06:03 AM
Retro, Babbage & Amp Girl were only seen in these matching suits.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/25/10 09:27 PM
more pics!! of any eras!!! pics of nightwind, lamprey, Mandalla, etc etc...that should be fun, like we do with the pictures of the Creators also run by Lil Rhino...you did a great job with creators. so how about this ? laugh
Posted By: Tymann Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 03:43 AM
Thanks for that about those three, so I won't keep looking for other costumes for them. Any info about the other three? Funny, I don't even remember those.
These are some of the Academy.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tymann Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 03:51 AM
I tried to upload my paper models of Nightwind and Crystal Kid, but my photos in jpeg don't register that way. Someday I'll figure out how.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 05:58 AM
Cannus Brawler

Cannus, Tomb and Brawler are all Reboot-only (so far) characters.

They all first appeared in Showcase '95 #6 as new Academy members that were being transported there by Apparition and Andromeda.

From memory - Brawler had Timber Wolf-type powers (without the claws), Cannus was a dog-boy version of Dawnstar and Tomb had the power to control people's bodily processes/reactions or something (like make people vomit or get a headache or something I think - kind of a cross between Chemical King and Infectious Lass).

All three were characters with potential I thought but Cannus was the only one who ever appeared again. In Legionniares #43 he was one of the finalists to join the Legion in their big membership drive after the 'Team 20th Century' split but lost out to Magno, Sensor and Umbra.

The great Cosmic Teams site has a little history of the whole team but no pics of those three, sorry -

http://www.cosmicteams.com/legion/docs/LegionAcademy.html
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 06:13 AM
Search function reveals:

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 06:15 AM
Looks like they're in standard unis, other than Tomb's cloak.

Cannus also appears in the tryout issue.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 07:16 AM
AmpGirl
These don't look like the reboot characters in that picture. (Imra's in her reboot uniform and belt, I think.)

Were these three in the original Academy stories anywhere?
sigh
I hate having to get my old comics ouit and try to find this stuff.
I'm despicable! (And I don't have spell check, either.)
tongue
Posted By: Blacula Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Cannus also appears in the tryout issue.
As mentioned in my post...

<----------- Invisible Kid III

wink
Posted By: Blacula Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 07:34 AM
P.S. Cannus wore a different costume in his later 'try-out' issue appearance. It was yellow and fairly open-cut as I recall.

<----------------- Misses Cannus and all the other great 'minor' Reboot characters. frown
Posted By: Blacula Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 07:39 AM
P.P.S. Reading those pages again shows just how bad my memory is getting - turns out Brawler isn't a Timber Wolf clone but actually has 'mind-meld with machinery' powers. I wonder how I got that so wrong?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/26/10 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Blacula:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[b] Cannus also appears in the tryout issue.
As mentioned in my post...

<----------- Invisible Kid III

wink [/b]
Sorry, I meant to say that he'd worn a different outfit there, but I couldn't remember it. Apparently I thought that just repeating information you'd already given would convey that! wink
Posted By: Tymann Re: Legion Cadet scans/pics - 10/27/10 03:47 AM
I've been making paper models of all the LSH, Subs, Academy and a few others, but I think I might not do those three because they just don't seem to fit. Since Babbage, Amp Girl and Retro were in generic costumes, I might just drop them too.
© Legion World