Legion World
Should a 5000-poster be awarded a special title? You be the judge... smile
Posted By: Yk Re: Am I a boob? I passed 5000 posts days ago... - 03/31/06 04:06 AM
We might have actually debated that sometime back in the past. IIRC we decided that if we gave Cobie special treatment every time he passed that particular milestone we'd never get anything else done.
lol

Honestly LAM, a pretty big percentage of this particular LSH fan group has been together a helluva lot longer than you realize.
Even before this website started, YK. nod
Posted By: Yk Re: Am I a boob? I passed 5000 posts days ago... - 03/31/06 04:26 AM
laugh
Even before this LEGION started, my friend. It's been pretty fun too. I came aboard in 2000 and they'd been around for a bit before that. I'd be willing to bet that Cobie and maybe even a couple of others have over 50,000 Legion related posts. I'd also be willing to bet that's lowballing the figure.

That's just FYI. Remember the true test is quality rather than quantity. (I have to tell myself that, I fall farther behind every day)
Oh sure, I can see that this site is the coolest! I haven't seen any other message boards that have contributers that work together as a whole - and work in ways so that everybody can get involved. I really like that - a lot! smile
To be or not to be a boob...that is the question. What relation the question has to post counts/titles is question #2. ???
Did somebody mention boobs? Styx
I thought 5,000 posts meant it was time to slow down and read 5 to 10 stories in the bits forum before posting?

'Tis true! I did such a thing, as did Lash! When Scott hit that mark, someone tried to make him do something and they were mysteriously banned on Legion World and then murdered in real life!
No body, no proof.
*choke*

Poor Tarik the Mute's Android...
Actually, this is what boobs look like:

<<adjusts ample cleavage>>

laugh
Maybe what LAM meant to ask was whether someone with 5000 posts should be awarded a special tittie. But I thought he wasn't into that kind of thing? confused
Everyone likes those. They're the "Slinky" of the new millenium smile
Hi LAM,

Have you ever bothered to read the rules that Thriftshop Debutante so nicely linked for you here and which can be found at the top of the Science Police forum not to mention within your “my profile” link at the top of each and every page? Cause both the title and tone of this post do not indicate to me that you have. So do me a favor and please take a moment and read through them now.

Done? Good. Now may I point out one rule in particular –

11. Attention seeking posts. Topics or posts started with the sole aim of attention seeking, eg "Look at me", "I'm leaving unless you all beg me to stay", "I'm gonna slit my wrists" will be deleted immediately. No exceptions.
Now would you please explain to me why you’ve worded this topic in such a fashion (not to mention several other instances that violate this and other rules)? Cause a simple “5000” or “I reached 5000 posts!” would have more than sufficed and garnered a reaction from me like, “Congratulations!” Instead of this little lecture. That would have been a better reaction, no?

So do me the favor of editing your initial post so that I don’t have to. Also, please refrain from posting this and other such topics. If you want to suggest a title for the five thousandth post milestone then please do so politely in SPHQ. Otherwise, it just pisses me off. Once upon a time there was a poster named Reep who used to post similar such posts . He’s not posting here any longer and I’d rather that you not join him in exile.

Thanks!
And as far as the subject of user titles at higher numbers such as 5000 goes, I don't see that they are necessary.

To my way of thinking, user titles are for goals that newer members with lower post counts should aspire to with meaningful, thoughtout posts.

Once people reach a certain amount, post counts should be relatively meaningless as hopefully they see posting here not as a contest, but as a way to communicate with friends.
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

Now may I point out one rule in particular –

[b]11. Attention seeking posts... will be deleted immediately. No exceptions.
If you want to suggest a title for the five thousandth post milestone then please do so politely in SPHQ. Otherwise, it just pisses me off. Once upon a time there was a poster named Reep who used to post similar such posts . He’s not posting here any longer and I’d rather that you not join him in exile.

Thanks! [/b]
eek Quick tempered AND a good memory.

Were we married, mid 80's timeframe? laugh
Jillikers, LAM! Here you are, asking for a special title and stuff, when I've already devoted an entire thread to you-- one that you choose to ignore, which causes fractures to my delicate sensibilities! *double-choke!!*

What are you going to do to hurt me next? sob
I saw the best MLLASH's of my generation destroyed by LAMness... tease
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
eek Quick tempered...
Hardly. LAM has chosen to ignore the rules for some time now.

If anything, I've had the patience of Job in this regard.
[b] eek Quick tempered...

If anything, I've had the patience of Job in this regard. [/b]
Job had boils on his butt. You've only got to deal with us.

oh.

I think I see your point. smile
[b]
[b] eek Quick tempered...

If anything, I've had the patience of Job in this regard. [/b]
Job had boils on his butt. You've only got to deal with us.

oh.

I think I see your point. smile [/b]
I solemnly swear, on the Bible - that I will never, ever try to draw attention to myself in any way, shape or form - coz there are certainly far more interesting folk to draw attention to in Legion World - certainly not me... sigh
© Legion World