Legion World
Posted By: Spellbinder Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 03:35 AM
I had jokingly said that when the boards came back online last week that I should commission a new portrait of my cleavage. Well, while watching Queer Eye For The Straight Guy tonight, I was doodling, and came up with this. I'm thinking about asking Scott to shrink this into avatar form. What do ya think?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 03:45 AM
Done. It's there now, Ample Cleavage Lass. smile
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 04:01 AM
Thanks, Nighty. What do you think? Too pale? I wonder if I should have made the original a little darker? Or maybe it wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Thanks, Nighty. What do you think? Too pale? I wonder if I should have made the original a little darker? Or maybe it wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
Ulp! Even when I leave the colors alone and just shrink it it looks the same to me, sorry. Just shrinking it down gets the pale effect for me. Maybe Scott can do a better job? Sorry, princess.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 04:34 AM
What about now Princess? Any better?
Posted By: Greybird Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 07:39 AM
Much more attractive, methinks. I'm still looking for the pupils, though ...
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Greybird:
I'm still looking for the pupils, though ...
You'll have to look much harder, dear. I no longer have them angel
Posted By: Pov Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 12:44 PM
I think you cropped it a little high... wink evil
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
I think you cropped it a little high... wink evil
I did it with you in mind, Pov dear wink
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
What about now Princess? Any better?
Yeah, that's not too bad. Much better than what I had tried at home laugh

I think it's probably because there are alot of light colors (light flesh, light blond hair, and a pale pink background). I never took those things into consideration when I colored it. Next time I'll know better. If I remember wink
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 04:00 PM
Hmmm... I really think I need to carefully inspect my drawings before posting them. I just noticed that one of my eyes is higher than the other. I swear they looked fine last night. Oh well. It's not noticeable in the avatar.

Note to self: Keep your queer eyes on the paper and off the TV set when drawing wink
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 06:04 PM
say, that reminds me ...who shall I contact the person who can scan and put it in here as an avatar? I have an idea about adding more avatars such as Kingdom Come black and white sketch by Alex Ross - XTC - Brainiac's Daughter, Starman, Superboy, and a few others (Karate Kid, Shadow Lass, and Timber Wolf from Comicology). so Whom shall I contact?
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:02 PM
Hey Princess! I felt like sketchin' ya! Here goes.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:18 PM
WOW! *drop jaw* ooooohhhhhh...
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:23 PM
How 'bout another? [Linked Image]
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:25 PM
not bad!!!!! like the color scheme...maybe you can add the jewelery you did on her previously...so that will work! smile
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:27 PM
ah...no earring! just put the one on the neck....will look good and *ahem* shh....s...e...x...y... shocked
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 09:40 PM
At least you remembered to put some clothes on me the second time around, you naughty little Dean wink
Posted By: Vee Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 10:06 PM
Wow! That could almost straighten me out!!!

lol lol lol
Posted By: Faraway Lad Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Varalent:
Wow! That could almost straighten me out!!!

lol lol lol
Well bits of me went very straight

wink lol lol lol
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Possible Avatar - 08/27/03 11:24 PM
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
say, that reminds me ...who shall I contact the person who can scan and put it in here as an avatar? I have an idea about adding more avatars such as Kingdom Come black and white sketch by Alex Ross - XTC - Brainiac's Daughter, Starman, Superboy, and a few others (Karate Kid, Shadow Lass, and Timber Wolf from Comicology). so Whom shall I contact?
I add avatars all the time. You can PM me about your wants, if you like. I have all of those images, so I can easily make them. I'll try to get to it tonight. smile
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 12:50 AM
Okay Povvie Poo... just for you wink

I went back tonight and fixed some of the things I wasn't happy with (eyes and background, mostly). I think I like this one better. I may even be showing a little more cleavage this time... I'll have to compare (or Pov will tell me wink )

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pov Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 01:09 AM
cool

The background and the highlights to the hair really help avoid the "lightness" you were worried about before. You can definitely see the improvement from your avatar to this piece. So when's this replace that? laugh Nice work, Cru! love (And yes, the cleavage too... tongue )
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Poverty Lad:
You can definitely see the improvement from your avatar to this piece. So when's this replace that?
If I were to go out on a limb, I would say fairly soon wink
Posted By: superboymddjr Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 02:59 AM
Hey, Nightcrawler, THANKS! will do soon.

hey, Princess, much much improvement! White background...ewwwww...it likes you're being whited out by the Crisis, thus would make you non-existent.
Posted By: Suddenly Seymour Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 12:22 PM
Yup, the new avatar looks mighty fine!

And the sketches look great, Dean!

Eric
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: Possible Avatar - 08/28/03 12:54 PM
Tanx, guys. I was actually much happier with the second edition that I did. I fixed some stuff that was bugging me and tried some different approaches in the coloring. The problem with the original was that I inked the pencils without REALLY inspecting them first to make sure that everything was right. The second draft seems to flow better smile
© Legion World