Legion World
Posted By: Titan Lad Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/07/07 07:40 PM
I didn't see any of the collection thingies for the characters I have drawn so I assumed that I could just make a thread for my pics.

Princess Projectra

click to enlarge

Invisible Kid

click to enlarge
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/07/07 08:06 PM
Welcome! Nice job!

To help keep posts from scrolling on most computers, you may want to use the [THUMB] tags rather than [IMG] tags.

There are several versions [THUMB4] displays 400 pixels wide, [THUMB3] 300, and [THUMB2] 200, while [THUMB] shrinks it down to 100 pixels wide.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/07/07 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Welcome! Nice job!

To help keep posts from scrolling on most computers, you may want to use the [THUMB] tags rather than [IMG] tags.

There are several versions [THUMB4] displays 400 pixels wide, [THUMB3] 300, and [THUMB2] 200, while [THUMB] shrinks it down to 100 pixels wide.
thanks! and I will make sure to do that the next time I add a picture
Posted By: Caliente Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 12:24 AM
Oh, wow! I really like this stuff. Projectra's costume looks so cool-- and her powers! Nifty! And Lyle's expression... heee! laugh What sort of medium did you use?

Oh, and I'll second that welcome! It's always great to see new talent on Legion World. smile
Posted By: Vee Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 12:35 AM
Very nice! I agree with Cali that I particularly enjoyed your interpretation of Jeckie's costume.

Originally posted by cpsm1092:
I didn't see any of the collection thingies for the characters I have drawn so I assumed that I could just make a thread for my pics.
And you guessed right! smile It's great to have one thread where everyone can go to see your work. That way someone doesn't miss anything because the don't happen to visit another thread where you may have posted one of your efforts.

Looking forward to seeing many more from you!
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 12:49 AM
Sweet. Thanks.

The power effects are really cool.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 01:20 AM
thanks guys! I am so excited that people are liking my work! And I used Photoshop Elements 5.0 to color them. I just finished Dream Girl and Atom Girl and plan on doing Cosmic Boy next.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 01:24 AM
OK so Blockade Boy showed me how to put them as thumbnails, so I am reposting these.

Princess Projectra (BW)

click to enlarge

Atom Girl (BW)

click to enlarge

Atom Girl (C)

click to enlarge

Saturn Girl (C)

click to enlarge

Dream Girl (BW)

click to enlarge

Dream Girl (C)

click to enlarge

Phantom Girl feat: Brainiac 5, and Saturn Girl

click to enlarge

Saturn Girl (C)

click to enlarge
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 02:20 AM
click to enlarge
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 02:23 AM
eh,

I just copied the photo url by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting copy. Then I clicked "reply" at the bottom of this page. This brought up a page where I could select emoticons, or editing like boldface.... One of those selections was "thumb." I click it. When the window came up clicked on it and right clicked to paste in the url.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 02:25 AM
oh thanks, yeah I am not the quickest when it comes to computers
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 07:51 AM
Any thoughts on my newest drawings? SaturnGirl
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 08:57 AM
Emerald Empress (C)

click to enlarge

Emerald Empress (BW)

click to enlarge

I am still working on Cosmic Boy but will probably post him tomorrow, and I will start working on the guy characters since I have entered alot of girl pictures.
Posted By: Lurker Lass Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 10:04 AM
You've got some good stuff going on here. I particularly like the expression on the Empress's face - delightfully evil.

I notice there's a whole lot of white space in each file, though. Not saying they all need a background, (goodness knows I'm incredibly lazy about that) but do you know how to use the crop tool in Photoshop? It'll just cut out the empty space and help bring out the focus in each picture.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 04:12 PM
Always great to see more Legion fan art! Welcome,cpsm1092.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
You've got some good stuff going on here. I particularly like the expression on the Empress's face - delightfully evil.

I notice there's a whole lot of white space in each file, though. Not saying they all need a background, (goodness knows I'm incredibly lazy about that) but do you know how to use the crop tool in Photoshop? It'll just cut out the empty space and help bring out the focus in each picture.
I should try that, I sometimes to backgrounds but it tends to get sloppy lol. Thanks guys for the compliments
Posted By: Old Man Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 06:51 PM
Great stuff. The only character I could draw convincingly is Invisible Kid. Blank paper and Voila!

I am so in awe of anyone that can draw even passably well. Which is not what you, cspm1092. You do quite well.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 07:07 PM
Thanks Old Man Lad!

I bet you can draw better than you give yourself credit
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 10:07 PM
ok I only have to draw one more leg and then I am done with my next drawing, and then I can start working on finishing Cosmic Boy
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 10:46 PM
Ultra Boy (BW)

click to enlarge

Ultra Boy (C)

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/07 11:37 PM
any thoughts on Ultra Boy or any of the other ones? DreamGirl
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/09/07 11:21 PM
Dream Boy

(BW)

click to enlarge

(C)

click to enlarge
Posted By: Caliente Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/09/07 11:36 PM
Interesting take on Dream Boy. I still don't think cloud pants quite work for a boy... hee.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/09/07 11:40 PM
Yeah they definatly look... different, yes, thats the word different
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/09/07 11:41 PM
I am going to Las Vegas tomorrow and won't be back till monday, so then I will start working on Light Lass and finishing Cosmic Boy
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/15/07 03:44 AM
Wonder Woman BW

click to enlarge

Wonder Woman C

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/18/07 09:11 AM
Ok so I finished another new drawing, this one is sorta like the Invisible Kid one, this one is of Phantom Girl and is dedicated to my friend from another board (won't say his name since I doubt he would like that) whose favorite legionnaire is Phantom Girl so PHANTOM GIRL!

click to enlarge
Posted By: Yk Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/21/07 06:53 PM
laugh
Long ago I decided that (yes) backgrounds help make a sketch into a whole piece of art and as long as the post goes on LegionWorld then a Legion L makes a nice backdrop.

If you dig through my old thread you'll see there are different ways to use it to effect...and it makes our stuff unique to LW.

Different eras different "L"s. It's even kinda cool.
Posted By: Vee Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/21/07 09:07 PM
Still enjoying your work Titan Lad. I particularly like that picture of Tinya. Good job.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/22/07 05:50 PM
thanks guys! I have another one of Saturn Girl that I will probably post, I was trying to draw a group picture but I messed up but luckily I scanned Saturn Girl first.

click to enlarge

Dream Girl (BW)

click to enlarge

Dream Girl (C)

click to enlarge
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/30/07 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Titan Lad:

click to enlarge
I love it! Very dynamic panel layouts. I always love to see artists interpret the inside of comics with different panel layouts since it seems like it'd be so much more complicated.

Very cool!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/31/07 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Originally posted by Titan Lad:
[b]
click to enlarge
I love it! Very dynamic panel layouts. I always love to see artists interpret the inside of comics with different panel layouts since it seems like it'd be so much more complicated.

Very cool! [/b]
Thank you! I usually don't draw panels since I feel like I mess up.
Posted By: Caliente Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/31/07 07:09 PM
Wow, I love that Phantom Girl-- it's fantastic! And the flying Saturn Girl is really dynamic. Great stuff, Titan Lad! CheerleaderLass
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/09/07 12:20 AM
Thank you!

Ok so I haven't been on here in awhile, so I will just post the art that I have done since the last thing I posted. I have been working on a storyline called New Mutants: Paradise Lost and I am drawing the cover, so I have been adding a character everyday for this week.

Jean Grey (BW)
click to enlarge

Catseye (BW)
click to enlarge

Roulette (BW)
click to enlarge

Mirage (BW)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/cpsm1092/scan0002.jpg

Mirage (C)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/cpsm1092/scan0002-1.jpg

Karma (BW)
click to enlarge

Karma (C)
click to enlarge

Magma (BW)
click to enlarge

Magma (C)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/cpsm1092/scan0004copy.jpg

Wolfsbane (BW)
click to enlarge

Wolfsbane (C)
click to enlarge
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/09/07 12:51 AM
Cool group shot of the new Mutants.
Posted By: Caliente Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/09/07 12:56 AM
Yeah, those girls rock!! laugh (P.S. Where's Magik? wink )
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/09/07 04:53 AM
Thanks guys!

yeah the New Mutants is one of my favorite teams. Magik will be coming in soon, I am adding one by one, because I tend to just make one mistake and throw it away with group shots. So I am drawing one then scanning it, so if I do mess up I can just print a version of it off, and then start again (I did that with Karma, because it looked weird, so I had to print another one of Dani)
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/09/07 07:22 PM
Cypher (BW)
click to enlarge

Cypher (C)
click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/11/07 03:00 AM
Nightcrawler (BW)

click to enlarge

Magik BW

click to enlarge

Magik C

click to enlarge
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/19/07 05:49 AM
I like how you do faces. There's a lot of personality in them smile
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 09/25/07 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Joeboy:
I like how you do faces. There's a lot of personality in them smile
Thank You!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 05:19 AM
I'm back! I might have possibly forgotten my password, and just now realized how to get it to sent me an email with my password laugh

Anyways, here is my newest piece. A redesign of Shrinking Violet!

click to enlarge
Posted By: Teronna Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 05:33 AM
Haha I like it! She looks kinda punk. Nice job!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Teronna:
Haha I like it! She looks kinda punk. Nice job!
thank you laugh

I am about to compete in the Project CBRunway at CBR, so I was practicing redesigning a legionaire, since their is a good chance that will be one of the challenges this year. Plus I am not a big fan of her current one.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 06:41 PM
I redesigned Saturn Girl about a month ago, and colored her. But it is Saturn Girl so I will post her. I don't really like the colors, but i'll deal.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 08:13 PM
Here is my Phantom Girl redesign. I wanted to include a cape, but also do something with the P, so I figured something out laugh

click to enlarge
Posted By: Vee Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 08:44 PM
These are all good but I really, really like your PGirl design! It's terrific.

cheers
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/24/08 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Vee:
These are all good but I really, really like your PGirl design! It's terrific.

cheers
Thanks laugh

I was trying to give homage to her original costume, but also give it a retro feel.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 03/01/08 06:43 AM
I did a redesing for Triplicate Girl, aswell.

It took me awhile because I was trying it with my normal style and then a new one I was trying out. I was disappointed with the face, but I liked how the body looked, so I colored it anyway laugh

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 03/01/08 07:23 PM
Here is a quick sketch I did of Phantom Girl in the costume designed by Mr. Manapul

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/05/08 05:53 AM
Ok well it's Week 5 of PRoject CBRunway, where Legion poster Sketch Lad is also entered!

So for challenge 5, we have to redesign a contestant's golden age character (Challenge 4) to modern age.

I was given Spaghettikiss's Revolutionary.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showpost.php?p=6610885&postcount=14

I have 2 designs, but can't choose which one I want to use. So I would really appreciate it, if you guys could post and say which one you like better.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/05/08 08:08 AM
Tough call. My initial reaction was for the second one, because she looks tougher but I find the first one's gogo girl look quite appealing. Also the red, white and blue fits in with the "patriotic" aspect. (I don't know the character, just what I read at the link.)
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/05/08 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Tough call. My initial reaction was for the second one, because she looks tougher but I find the first one's gogo girl look quite appealing. Also the red, white and blue fits in with the "patriotic" aspect. (I don't know the character, just what I read at the link.)
Yeah that's been my problem with the two! Well basically that's all the information their is on the character. For challenge 4 everyone had to design a golden age based superhero.

I feel that I would be safer with the 2nd one, but I also think that the 1st one has the feel of the original character better.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/06/08 01:02 AM
I decided to go with my 3rd design, that I made after these 2.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/14/08 08:54 PM
Week 6: Redesign a Justice League Member with a Wild West theme.

Zatanna!

click to enlarge

Fire
click to enlarge
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/14/08 08:57 PM
Gypsy
click to enlarge

Ice click to enlarge

Vixen click to enlarge

And since it is Legion World
click to enlarge
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/15/08 01:48 AM
Wow, what a fun fashion show, TL!

(Hey everybody, Titan Lad is doing GREAT over at CBR in the CBRunway competition! I'm hanging in there, too!)
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/15/08 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Wow, what a fun fashion show, TL!

(Hey everybody, Titan Lad is doing GREAT over at CBR in the CBRunway competition! I'm hanging in there, too!)
Thanks! lol. Your Red Tornado is amazing! I love the twirling gun thing you did laugh

For anyone who does have an account at CBR, make sure to check out the other contestants and vote for your favorite!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=217601
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/22/08 09:36 PM
Even though it doesn't seem like people are really enjoying my art here, I will continue to post my art. lol.

This was my CBRunway Entry, in which I was partnered with Shade101.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Vee Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/24/08 04:23 PM
Don't assume that no one is enjoying this because you don't see a response. I often check out the threads in Bits from work, since I have a great connection here, but it also means I have constant interruptions and I can't always post a comment. Keep posting and we'll keep enjoying! laugh
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/24/08 09:32 PM
Aw, TL, I was going to post almost the exact same thing as Vee. Don't stop posting, and don't get discouraged about the lack of responses. I know that people don't always have enough time to get to every thread and comment. I'm sure they're looking at the art and having a smile!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/03/08 09:32 PM
Sorry guys! I haven't drawn a thing since CBRunway ended. Until yesterday. Finally finished a picture, and I am somewhat... satisfied with it. I think her body frame is alittle too large though.

click to enlarge

This was done for MMASH (Make Me a Super Hero). It's a redesign of the Sailor Moon character Sailor Mercury. I'm not fond of the Sailor Moon franchise, but it seemed like fun. Tell me what you think about it. Criticism is welcome. smile

Expect Jade, Obsidian, and a redesign of Dream Girl to come next. laugh
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/04/08 05:45 PM
If you want to see the thread. Here it is.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=232670

I think I am going to do the Dream Girl design today.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/26/09 03:33 AM
It's that time of year again! Project CBRunway Season 4 is back, except this year we had to try-out to take place in the festivities.

Anyways here is my audition. NOTE= I hate model sheets.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 02/26/09 07:27 AM
Hey TL,
How's it going? I posted my audition (at CBR) a while ago.

I like your costumes... lots of skin showing!
Posted By: Snakeguru Lass Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 03/02/09 09:53 PM
A pity i can't see all the older images but what i see i like.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/27/09 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Hey TL,
How's it going? I posted my audition (at CBR) a while ago.

I like your costumes... lots of skin showing!
LOL Thanks! My male design was horrible! I didn't even realize that I added a bow...

and thanks Snakeguru.

I had a bit of insomnia last night so I drew Polar Boy, Shrinking Violet, and Lightning Lad. Garth was the only one I liked enough to post.

click to enlarge

http://astralmirage.deviantart.com/art/Lightning-Lad-Pencils-131127333

I'll try to post the colored edition tonight, that is if I finish it (coloring is the bane of my existance).
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/28/09 03:28 AM
I tried to rework Shrinking Violet and ended up starting anew. Anyways here she is in her Johnsboot uniform! I didn't know what to do with her left hand so she is holding up her name... please don't stone me.

click to enlarge
http://astralmirage.deviantart.com/art/Shrinking-Violet-Pencils-131159233
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:32 AM
This is for a "jam" going on in a forum I post on, it's strictly New X-Men and I chose Surge! This is my first time to really draw an asian character, so I am somewhat satisfied with the outcome. She is a younger character, so I tried to make that evident, enjoy everybody!

click to enlarge

http://astralmirage.deviantart.com/art/Surge-Pencils-131418633
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:33 AM
If you can't tell, I hate coloring.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:37 AM
Looks good. smile Is there a story behind the lack of gloves?

There are some freeware programs you could use for colouring without risking your line art.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Arachne:
Looks good. smile Is there a story behind the lack of gloves?

There are some freeware programs you could use for colouring without risking your line art.
Oh that was just alittle addition by me. Someone in a thread on another forum posted an idea for a Surge/Armor mini-series in which Surge travels back to Japan to find her little brother. That really enticed me so I built on it, in my mind Surge reconciles with her family. But her father is still embarassed by his daughters mutation, and hires a few scientists to make her mutation alittle bit less noticeable (the gloves) and they came up with the sleeveless shirt that she could wear under mostly anything (even though Nori likes to dress alittle more provocatively). In my mind the strips light up when she is charged.

Thanks! I have photoshop and opencanvas, but everytime I color things I think they turn out hideously, so I usually have an online friend of mine color them. But I haven't asked him to do anything lately.

LMAO you found me on cbr.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:50 AM
I like those ideas. I hope Nori survives.

Re:CBR I just signed up there tonight. I figured there might be some legionworlders, but I didn't think I'd find anyone so fast. smile
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 03:55 AM
I like those ideas. I hope Nori survives.

Re:CBR I just signed up there tonight. I figured there might be some legionworlders, but I didn't think I'd find anyone so fast. smile
You work fast! I know sketch lad posts there as deanlegion, he's been doing Supermodels Season 2 on Artist & Writer Showcase. CBR is a pretty fun forum, I usually stick to the X-Boards.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 04:10 AM
Yeah, I haven't been into the other forums much. I've been lurking in the X-Boards for awhile, it is fun.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 07/30/09 04:18 AM
Yeah, I haven't been into the other forums much. I've been lurking in the X-Boards for awhile, it is fun.
None of the other boards have such characters in their regular posting casts, you can almost always find something entertaining to talk about there.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/07/09 06:16 AM
Saturn Girl redesign! Not completely my design, I'll post the link to the blog once I remember where I saw it.

click to enlarge
http://astralmirage.deviantart.com/art/Saturn-Girl-Pencils-132432800
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/07/09 11:36 PM
I like it. The seems really make it look like real fabric.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/09 04:45 PM
I like it. The seems really make it look like real fabric.
Thanks! My main goal was with the face, since in the past I've made all females look exactly the same but with different hair/etc. so I think I accomplished that when I compare it to Shrinking Violet.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/08/09 10:58 PM
Yep you definitely did. smile You might find this interesting. It's a Wendy Pini drawing of the Elfquest ladies. It really shows how she made them all different.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/09/09 11:36 PM
Yep you definitely did. smile You might find this interesting. It's a Wendy Pini drawing of the Elfquest ladies. It really shows how she made them all different.
wow, those are very pretty, is it weird for me to say that I love how she drew the necks?

The eyes are very entrancing, and you can really see how she played with different facial structures.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 08/10/09 12:28 AM
Yeah, she's really good at making the elves graceful. Her humans from the same series are very realistic in comparison. The Elfquest Gatherum books were a big artistic influence on me when I was a kid, even though I couldn't get many of the actual comics.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 04/06/10 01:03 AM
I haven't posted in this forum for quite some time! Unfortunately, I haven't drawn that much since I left but I'll show you what I got.

I have been focusing on redesigns, as I find that to be a very fun aspect, specifically the X-Men. I cannot stand their latest costumes, so I've decided to redesign as many as I can (each of which, I hope, stay consistant in theme).

Phoenix Redesign-
click to enlarge

Shadowcat Redesign-
click to enlarge

Cyclops Redesign-
click to enlarge

Magik Redesign-
click to enlarge

Comments are appreciated! But, I'll probably keep up with this stuff on deviantart moreso than I will here. I'll take suggestions into consideration, especially characters you'd like to see.

So far I have designs in mind for Angel and Rogue. Psylocke's lineart is in the process of being finished.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/24/10 06:56 AM
I haven't worked on much art recently, here is something I started yesterday though.
click to enlarge

I've barely started on a power signature, but I think I'll change it. I'm not sure what else I could do though, any suggestions?
Posted By: Candlelight Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/24/10 01:52 PM
I have to say that your drawings and costume designs are some of the most elegant and understaded that I can remember ever seeing!

Their beautiful, especially Magic's and Imra's first look.

Your style is instantly recognizeable, too.

I remember checking this thread out at one point and being so disappointed that almost all of the work was gone.
Now, I regret the loss even more!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/24/10 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Candle:
I have to say that your drawings and costume designs are some of the most elegant and understaded that I can remember ever seeing!

Their beautiful, especially Magic's and Imra's first look.

Your style is instantly recognizeable, too.

I remember checking this thread out at one point and being so disappointed that almost all of the work was gone.
Now, I regret the loss even more!
Thank you! I doubt you would want to see anything that I had deleted, there was only one drawing that I actually liked.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/26/10 05:08 AM
I decided to go out on a leap and do something a little more dynamic with the pose...my biggest problem I have with my art is that it always feels static so I am attempting to work on this.

So anyways, I tested it out on Phantom Girl! I am no where close to being done with this (if you could tell from the random tendrill coming out of nowhere). Looking at it after it's been scanned I definitely need to go back and adjust the hair..shouldn't be so flat on top.

Going onward, tell me what you think! Crits are greatly appreciated.

click to enlarge
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/26/10 05:28 AM
Hello, I am called Titan Lad Fan,
I'm SO pleased to see Titan Lad art again!

Have a nice day!
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/26/10 05:31 AM
Of your X-men re-designs, ShadowCat's my fave. Those colors are perfect for her!
I also like the Marvel Girl & Majick ones.
I'm not crazy about the Cyclops, but I can't figure out why??

Your Saturn Girl in her new outfit is brilliant, but while I feel Phantom Girl's body, proportions & face are fine, her hair needs to be much fuller. Not neccesarily longer, just fuller.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/26/10 05:40 AM
Thanks guys! I am on a Legion kick so expect to see more Legion fan art pretty soon.

I really appreciate the thoughts about Tinya, I'm tooling with it now. It looks so odd, since I have it whisked to the side while it's practically flat on top. I'll try and make it fuller.

EDIT: I forgot to add Saturn Girl all done, who knows maybe I'll try and add something more before I update.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/27/10 10:56 PM
Okay, here is my latest update on my Legion work.

Saturn Girl

click to enlarge

Phantom Girl
click to enlarge

Invisible Kid
click to enlarge
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/27/10 11:10 PM
Oh, I love that Invisible Kid!! Well done!!
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/27/10 11:21 PM
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Oh, I love that Invisible Kid!! Well done!!
Thanks! I am disappointed with the background in the Phantom Girl picture, I should've spent more time on it but instead I got tired of it and just threw some things down.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: Titan Lad's Art Dump - 06/28/10 07:11 AM
Did this in about an hour, a costume redesign for Duplicate Damsel (I hate that name, I believe someone on this site suggested Duplicate Dame which sounds so much better)!
click to enlarge
As well all know, Lournu is currently stuck in her original costume which just looks flat out terrible, especially when it's surrounded by Frank's designs (which are anything but simplistic). So my intent was to create a design that would keep her on par with the rest of the legion while still allowing her to stand out.

I love redesigns! With these types of projects I look at the character's former looks and try to build off of those. I initially started with Cockrum's design for Duplicate Damsel (which in my opinion had the funnest color scheme, it is definitely something that no other character could pull off) and then sort of infused it with her original design. From there I attempted to modernize the look (but still included throwbacks to former eras). Anyways, I like it so hopefully everyone else does.
© Legion World