Legion World
Posted By: Semi Transparent Fellow Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/06/08 09:19 PM
... in tomato sauce. $1.49 for a big tin at Cost Plus. Tried them today and they were delicious. Have you tried anything new lately?
Posted By: Stu Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/06/08 09:29 PM
I tried some gluten-free frozen dinners from a health food store. They were tasty but expensive, and the portions were pretty small. I don't think I'll be getting any more in the future.

(Speaking of Greek giant beans, there's a really good Greek take-out near me... they always give you a huge amount of delicious food that's of restaurant quality, and they're cheap. I like the beans that come with their combo meals.)
Posted By: SharkLad Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/07/08 03:41 PM
my friend made amaretto cookies from Michele Obama's recipe ... they were very tasty ...
Posted By: Stu Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/10/08 02:06 AM
I had a great "deconstructed" dessert the other day called a "Peanut Butter and Jelly."

It was a scoop of creamy peanut-butter mousse, paired with a ramekin of wild berry jam. It was served with a wedge of toast that looked like it had been briefly put through a sandwich press.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/11/08 01:31 PM
I usually stear clear of flavored coffees but lately I've been trying the various 'Autumn Blends' that different cafes and coffee places have. The flavors this time of year are usually so good that I haven't been let down at all!
Posted By: Pov Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/11/08 04:16 PM
The local Cumberland Farms has a generic Latte machine with an awesome Pumpkin Spice... It's been forever since I had one, and I can't remember if it's seasonal, but Cobie's coffees sparked my memory. Gotta ask for one the next time Mom stops home first before she comes over! nod
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/11/08 04:30 PM
I tried that chocolate pasta stuff recently, with a chocolate sauce. Not all that good, and this from a lover of both chocolate and chocolate sauce.
Posted By: Set Re: Greek Giant Beans ... - 09/11/08 05:02 PM
I go to an Indian restaurant every week, and the best dish *EVER* is Nav Ratan Shahi Korma (I think...).

Something else else like nine or eleven different vegetables simmered together in a rich creamy sauce. It's a vegetarian heaven.

Then again, I had a big bowl of meat with it, so I'm not exactly the best vegetarian ever...
© Legion World