Legion World
Posted By: Teronna The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 02/17/08 05:11 AM
Because someone, somewhere, said we didn't discuss flying lemurs very much around here.

Random posts containing the phrase "flying lemurs" are allowed!
Example:

Sometimes I like to eat fruit loops and flying lemurs for breakfast.
Does Monty Lemurs Flying Circus count?
Great Ceasar's Salad! I thought we weren't supposed to talk about lemurs after the... incident.
I suppose as the bird who brought up the flying lemurs in the first place, I should join the discussion. Oh, and EDE, don't worry. The...incident didn't involve a flying lemur. It was an aye-aye.
I find discussions about flying lemurs brings about strong convictions.
This is true, especially when one considers that they don't really fly and they're not really lemurs.
The lemurs were clearly in the wrong. The imperialistic adventure they launched alongside their platypus stooge allies on behalf of freaks of the animal kingdom cost the more civilized animals billions in treasure and lives.
Too bad "Flying Lemur Eater Lad" isn't posting anymore.

*Choke*

He was so brave when he made the ultimate sacrifice against Celine Dion!
I remember that well! You had volunteered to seduce Celine, as per our desperate plan to defeat her, and FMEL knocked you out and took your place! A brave, brave soul, and a noble sacrifice indeed!
Ah, yes. Celine Dion shudder Flying Lemur Eater Lad sacrificed himself. She came back. I froze her. She came back. Stealth silenced her. She came back. That woman is the Solomon Grundy of pop music.
Some say the Ghost of Flying Lemur-Eater Lad still haunts the MMB and actually ages as a normal person was, so that one day, he'll be the Ghost of Flyig Lemur-Eater Man (Go-Flem).
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
That woman is the Solomon Grundy of pop music.
Truer words were never said... as long as we don't get the sympathetic "Solly" verson a la Starman.
Celine Dion? That name brings chills down my spine. As do flying lemurs..
Hmmmm... A battle to the death between Celine Dion and Anne Murray using flying lemurs as weapons.
no! don't let poor innocent lemurs get harmed in such a battle of evil!

...plus... what if the two teamed up after the initial battle? Murray is allegedly gung-ho on duets these days (before you ask, you can't walk past an entertainment-related store in these parts without being bombarded with posters promoting her new CD).
Is Kent Shakespeare hiding his love of Anne Murray behind a false concern for flying lemurs?

Plus everyone knows that only guilty flying lemurs are used in battles to the death.
Bah! my disdain for Anne Murray is well-known across three provinces and several states!

I am not the Legion Worlder who purchases Anne Murray stamps... but I know who does (and who inflicts the MERCILESSLY on others)...
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.
Methinks Quis is intentionally steering this conversation away from his sick, sick desire to see lemurs used as cannon fodder.

PETA and the National Society for the Protection of Lemurs are seeking to have Quis disbarred, I hear.
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Is Kent Shakespeare hiding his love of Anne Murray behind a false concern for flying lemurs?

Plus everyone knows that only guilty flying lemurs are used in battles to the death.
Guilty lemurs? What guilty lemurs? They're all innocent! Unless...were you their lawyer? Cause that might explain a lot..
Yes, Quis' legal judgment is getting himself into hot water AGAIN. Let's hope the lemurs have a better attorney for the appeal.
Perhaps we should call FLAAD (Flying Lemur Advocates And Defenders).
click to enlarge
Originally posted by Teronna:
click to enlarge
Just LOOK at those shifty eyes! Are we REALLY ready to shift attention away from the plight of baby seals to save these scheming bastards?!?!?
Aww but how can you say no to this face??

click to enlarge
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Just LOOK at those shifty eyes! Are we REALLY ready to shift attention away from the plight of baby seals to save these scheming bastards?!?!?
Mr. Pot! Have you met Mr. Kettle yet?
wink
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=Avu2tv6aBlXrDb2H1r1GRj7d7BR.;_ylv=3?show=alpX4TJYaa
Have you seen the Dilbert for 2-20-08? Dilbert daily
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
[b]Just LOOK at those shifty eyes! Are we REALLY ready to shift attention away from the plight of baby seals to save these scheming bastards?!?!?
wink [/b]
Why, yes---we had tea...and were accompanied by Mr. Stone and Mr. Glass House! Care to join us some time? laugh
Have you seen the Dilbert for 2-20-08? Dilbert daily
lol
[b]Just LOOK at those shifty eyes! Are we REALLY ready to shift attention away from the plight of baby seals to save these scheming bastards?!?!?
wink [/b]
Is that a reference to something I'm too young to have known about?
[b]
wink [/b]
Is that a reference to something I'm too young to have known about? [/b]
You've never heard the saying "the pot calling the kettle black"?
[b]
wink [/b]
Why, yes---we had tea...and were accompanied by Mr. Stone and Mr. Glass House! Care to join us some time? laugh [/b]
I'd love to! I'll even bring along What The Cat Dragged In (after I let it out of the bag, of course. The cat - not the What).
You've never heard the saying "the pot calling the kettle black"?
Oh. WHOOOOSHHHHH....
Was that a Lemur that just flew right over your head?
Hope you were wearing a rain hat...if you get my drift....
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Was that a Lemur that just flew right over your head?
Yes, I can't believe they let a "scheming bastard" like him get a piloting license! Of all the lemurs in Lemurland!
[b]Was that a Lemur that just flew right over your head?
Yes, I can't believe they let a "scheming bastard" like him get a piloting license! Of all the lemurs in Lemurland! [/b]
Does that make him Lemur, Esq.?
I asked him, but his attorney refused comment. Some chap by the name of "Quislet, Esq." Which is suprising, as said attorney is now hated by the majority of Lemurland.
[b]
[b]Was that a Lemur that just flew right over your head?
Yes, I can't believe they let a "scheming bastard" like him get a piloting license! Of all the lemurs in Lemurland! [/b]
Does that make him Lemur, Esq.? [/b]
Pilots are not allowed to use "Esq." after their names. Of course you might be inferring that because he is a "scheming bastard" that he in fact has a law degree.
so, if a pilot is also a lawyer, he/she is not an Esq.?
That is correct as indicated in my post. However, there was nothing in the previous post that provided any evidence that the flying lemur (aka scheming bastard) had a law degree.
In the great Venn diagram of my work contacts:

{pilots}∩{people with law degrees}∩{scheming bastards} ≠ φ
This just proves my theory: Lemurs hate math!
I have a theory that Lard Lad is really just a lemur in disguise.
That would account for all the cheese dip.
Lemurs are a myth. Just like Lemuria.
Lemuria? confused
Lemuria as per Wikipedia

There is Lemuria, the sunken continent and Lemuria, the Roman festival to exorcise the malevolent and fearful ghosts of the dead from their homes
Note to self: Monitor this thread. If the conversation continues on the present track, my underground lizard masters may be mentioned. Must try not to act suspisciously.

So, er, how 'bout those aye-ayes, guys?
Look at the grouse!!!
I prefer Laphraiog.
Gehzunteit.
I could go for some Laphraiog right about now.
Poor lemurs were forced to the 3rd page of threads. This is unacceptable. shake
I agree. Lemurs are our cute furry friends and should not be relegated to page 3.
Let's designate April as Lemur Appreciation Month!
Let's not.
No way! April is All-Catspaw Month!
I don't know that the two are mutually exclusive. After all, it's also National Poetry Month.

Flying lemurs, Catspaw and poetry: What more could you want?
No April is Raise Lemuria from the Bottom of the Sea Month. I already have my sump pump and buckets primed and ready to go.
TL, that sounds kind of...

...wait for it...

...fishy.

BWONNNNNNG! (An approximation of the sound effect in Jay Ward cartoons whenever someone made a terrible pun at the end.)
no lemurs were hurt in the making of that sound effect... were they?
Nope. Just rubber bands.

But the flying lemurs were rotoscoped for the scenes where Rocket J. Squirrel is flying.
We haven't been discussing the flying lemurs nearly enough. I judge the quality of a thread in direct proportion to how often lemurs are mentioned. It's kinda like a film is always better if there are yak in it.
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 08/07/08 01:36 AM
Is a flying lemur just another way of saying "flying fox-like creature"?
Hmm. Maybe FFLC is part of the flying lemur conspiracy.
I think FFLC should be on all the Legion World currency, and that the currency itself--should be made of FLYING LEMURS!!! Mwah-HA-HA!!!
I hate when I've spent hours washing my car and a flying lemur takes a crap on my hood ...
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/14/08 03:00 AM
Sharks need cars? hmmm
It helps him get the girls.
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/14/08 03:10 AM
Classic 50's car with fins, of course. nod
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/14/08 03:11 AM
With his dental impediment, I can see why he'd need the help... shake
Yeah, the gold tooth didn't help.
What? My gold tooth is mad gangsta, yo ...
Where's Teronna been, anyway?
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/14/08 07:47 PM
Witness Protection Program? shrug
I always suspected she was someone's Alt I.D. hmmm
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 12:54 AM
Would you be shocked if "Teronna" turns out to have been the alt ID of a regular poster who had been taking a break from LW, but still wanted to maintain a presence surreptitiously?
No, not really.
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 01:17 AM
We could always have Nighty out "her".

...Unless there's something you're trying to admit, Stuey? hmmm
Well, STU?
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 01:42 AM
I'm not STU; I'm Stu Rat.

STU's missing, remember?

(Yes, I know it's confusing sometimes. We look so similar, after all! laugh )
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 02:04 AM
Indeed.
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 02:04 AM
They definitely got your good side there. laugh
Originally posted by Stu Rat:
Would you be shocked if "Teronna" turns out to have been the alt ID of a regular poster who had been taking a break from LW, but still wanted to maintain a presence surreptitiously?
Sure sounds like a confession to me! nod

Did anyone else get the feeling she was a secret Alt?
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/15/08 02:21 AM
Not me! shake
Originally posted by Stu Rat:
Not me! shake
How could you have a feeling either way? She was here during STU's long, long absence!
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/16/08 01:43 AM
It's the feeling I have now!
shrug
Flying Lemur of the Month: Big Eyed Bob! [Linked Image] [/IMG]
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/16/08 03:02 PM
Lookit the pair on HIM! love laugh
He looks like he is turning into the tree. Is that his super-power.
creepy, very creepy ...
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/17/08 02:17 AM
Sadly, a quick image Googling of "lemur" demonstrates that the above picture doesn't depict the creepiest-looking creature out there -- not even close.
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/17/08 02:47 AM
You got THAT right...! shudder
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/17/08 02:59 AM
One lesson that I really ought to have learned years ago is to never, ever click on a link in a Pov post.

(Of course, even I know better than to click on a link that has a "nude boobies" warning when I'm at work... confused )
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/17/08 04:23 PM
(Well, this IS Cobie we're talking about here... :rolleyes: wink )
the poor married man ...
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/17/08 10:19 PM
Poor HIM?! :rolleyes:

Poor HER... shake

wink
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/18/08 01:47 AM
Now that he's married, we can expect Cobie's presence on LW to diminish substantially.

He'll be way too busy...

...washing dishes, folding laundry, and cleaning toilets. wink

"Y-yes, dear!" <trembling lower lip>
Quote:(Of course, even I know better than to click on a link that has a "nude boobies" warning when I'm at work... )

You got THAT (Nude Boobies) right!
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Quote:(Of course, even I know better than to click on a link that has a "nude boobies" warning when I'm at work... )

You got THAT (Nude Boobies) right!
Dude! Is that my long-lost brother? smile
It might be two of your long lost brothers!

Oh, and incidentally, I finally hit
<span style="font-size: 72px;">500</span>
posts!
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/19/08 01:05 AM
Congrats, AFOB!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Pov Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/19/08 09:24 PM
Stu's our resident Fred Astaire... :rolleyes: wink
Thank you!
Are there any sports teams called the Lemurs?
Posted By: Stu Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 09/25/08 02:47 AM
Wasn't that the sports team of Lemuria?
I found out there is no known sports team called "The Lemurs," flying or otherwise, but there is an alternative rock band by that name.
Wow! It's been nearly four months since we've discussed lemurs, flying or otherwise. Amazing!
I miss Teronna. frown
Maybe if we talk about lemurs more, she'll come back. nod
Maybe she took her lemurs and went home. frown
Nosferatu
American Idol allows Lemurs! (but not for too long frown )
It seemed like a good day to bring up everyone's favorite gliding mammal. Okay, second, after Rocky the Flying Squirrel--but just 'cuz he's named "Rocky". wink
It's been a full year and a couple weeks since we've talked about Lemurs!
We must rectify that.

A priest, a rabbi and a flying lemur walked into a bar. The bartender looked up and asked "What is this? A joke?".
A flying lemur walked into a bar.

It said, "ouch!"
Q: What do get when you cross a flying lemur with a steamroller?

A: One really flat flying lemur.
Q. What did the flying lemur say when he met Charles de Gaulle?

A. Nothing. Flying lemurs can't speak French.
A spokesman for flying lemurs said he was glad no lemurs were involved in the incident.
Q. What's furry, glides from tree to tree and goes "buzz buzz"?

A. An electric flying lemur.
Flying lemurs have also been conspicuous by their absence here of late.
And two years later, they still are. This must be addressed, by gum!
Do lemurs like gum trees?
Y'know, I've never asked.
We don't have flying lemurs in Fawcett City, just talking tigers.
I believe they founded Lemuria, their own city! It exits high up in the clouds. Their mayor wears a top hat.
"Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... a (splat)... $#!+ !"
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
I believe they founded Lemuria, their own city! It exits high up in the clouds. Their mayor wears a top hat.

So that's what happened to Lemuria!
Posted By: .. Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 04/23/13 05:34 PM
I think flying Lemurs are a menace to our society and we must declare war upon them at once.
Originally Posted by Rockhopper Lad
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid

So that's what happened to Lemuria!
Originally Posted by Viridis Lament
I think flying Lemurs are a menace to our society and we must declare war upon them at once.

I would be careful as they are known to control the Shining Trapezohedron.

But no worries! I've already seduced the Mayor's daughter, the prettiest of all the female Flying Lemurs. Actually, now that I think about it...post coitus I got out of there ASAP when I realized I was sleeping with a lemur. She might be pretty mad.
Ithink flying lemurs can fly because they must not have to worry about heavy scrotum.
Are all Lemur's named by Lemarr?
Originally Posted by Paladin
Ithink flying lemurs can fly because they must not have to worry about heavy scrotum.

That's especially true of female flying lemurs.
Originally Posted by Rockhopper Lad
Originally Posted by Paladin

That's especially true of female flying lemurs.

Cobie would know.
Actually, female lemurs DO have scrotums*! So...THERE! tease

* This statement cannot be backed up at all.
Let's talk about flying squirrels instead!

Four more where that came from! And watch out for their ]multi-colored f art combo attack! (the 3.21 mark)
Posted By: .. Re: The official flying lemur discussion thread! - 04/26/13 07:28 AM
Flying squirels are the kamakazi's of the world of flying mammals, avoid them at all costs
Where's a woodchuck when you need one.

(I live in a world of surly WWII cigar chewing woodchucks battle goggle wearing flying lemurs. It gets messy sometime. Ninjas could take some lessons.)
Nick Furry, and the Howling Woodchucks! A critical part of the next era of the LMB!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one just looks mean:
[Linked Image]

*titter* *giggle*
Bah! The multi-colored f arting flying squirrels can take those woodchucks any day!
We haven't talked about flying lemurs for a while.
I used to get lemurs and lemmings confused.

Considering their characteristic behavior, I've long suspected lemmings have the same problem.
I loved the "Joey the Lemur" sketch on Mystery Science Theatre 3000.
Dear Sentient,

I've been asked to raise an objection to the hiatus of this thread.

Regards,

Demur Lemur (Flying Squad)
Flyin' Lemurs.....them's gud eatin'!
I miss Teronna! Her fire burned briefy but ever so bright!
Agreed, Lardy. I miss her too. frown sigh
Flying lemurs are still a concern in many places, especially those where they live.
One of the main issues I have with flying lemurs is they are not red pandas.
Now if red pandas could fly, they would probably take over. Flying lemurs on the other hand, don't seem to have the desire to do so.
They just wanna move it move it!
Flying lemurs are behind every conspiracy theory. The internet says so.
Flying lemurs are also behind the internet, leading some experts to say that conspiracy theroes on there are just flying lemurs looking for attention.
I thought flying lemurs just wanted to party
The Flying Lemur Party wish to inform the electorate that they are not behind the internet or any of the conspiracies on it, regardless of what collective nouns indicate.
© Legion World