Legion World
Posted By: ultrajo Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/27/03 11:10 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but Pulse has an interview with Leonard Kirk on upcoming projects and reveals two panels from an upcoming issue of Legion (25?) where I think someone is inducted as a legionnaire and has a run-in with Sensor.
Inferno? Laurel? Human Jeckie? New character?
It's hard to tell.
My first guess was Inferno when I saw it...
My guess is also Inferno!!!
Posted By: Pov Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/27/03 11:57 PM
Except, I thought Sandy knew how to use a flightring... and doesn't she still have hers? Why would they be giving her another? It looks like LK's Secret Files story'll be dealing with a new recruit to me...
I don't get Sandy from those pics at all. To me it looks more like Amethyst with short hair.
Link, please?
Posted By: Pov Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/28/03 12:55 AM
Gimme a sec...
Sorry Eryk. I keep Pulse in my frequently used links and didn't realize it wasn't provided.

Here you go: http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001414
Posted By: Pov Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/28/03 12:57 AM
Shoulda figured Scotty was already on it... :rolleyes: lol
I think it's a new Projectra. smile

[Linked Image]
Gary you could be right udging by Sensor's reaction!!!!
Thanks, guys!

It would be interesting if DnA introduced a human Projectra after partially humanizing Sensor, but I'm betting on a completely new character!
Posted By: M'onel Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/28/03 01:31 AM
I agree with Lightning Lad, I think it's likely the new recruit is Amethyst. If you look at the new recruit's ear you'll notice "A" shaped ear ring.
Supposing it's one of the new cadets, she should be in the group shot of them: Legion Cadets

The only one that looks like it might be her is the blonde one standing in front of Kid Quantum, but resemblance really isn't that close.
Maybe it could be a new spin on the character of Mentalla. It's a shot in the dark, but as all Legion fans know, anything is possible in the 31st century
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Supposing it's one of the new cadets, she should be in the group shot of them: Legion Cadets

The only one that looks like it might be her is the blonde one standing in front of Kid Quantum, but resemblance really isn't that close.
Well if you think about it I don't think she is recruited from the Academy. She doesn't appear to be part of that group and apparantly doesn't know how to use a flight ring. I would think flight ring training would be near the top of the list at the Academy.

I think she is offered the position of Legionnaire because of something she does to help out. Hey, maybe its Lana Lang! laugh
He mentioned that he did a Legion Secret Files that's coming out in November -- I'm going to guess that the woman is just a visitor or reporter (Marella Tao?), for the sake of the Secret Files who's given a flight ring just so she could keep up during the tour. I'm also guessing that this takes place before Dream Crime and Sensor's still in her "don't look at me!" stage.
Huh....hmmm....not sure.....maybe she is something new....I am not sure until i see them in color...then there will shed some light. I will hold my judgement unlike I thought that Darkseid gonna invade Talok in the first place. So i dont want to be wrong second time in a row. smile
I guess that time will tell...
I think DrakeB3003 is right about her being a reporter. She looks a lot like like Trudy Trusoe, the reporter who appears in Legion #1 (page 7) and Legion #6 (pages 1-3).

If it is Trudy, then the flight ring (loaned for a day) and Jeka's reaction begin to make sense. Having a reporter narrate is a pretty good framework for the Secret Files, imo.
Agreed om the reporter thing. No superhero costume and any female familiar with a flight ring would know to wear panties.

Made you look! wink

In the lower page, Coz looks sweet on her, then upset with her. Hmm, wonder what that is all about.

Kirk's look at Legion reminds me of the early post zero-hour. Once the backgrounds and inking are done, maybe it will be more to my tastes, but I like the edgier though still young Legion we've gotten since DnA took over.
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
In the lower page, Coz looks sweet on her, then upset with her. Hmm, wonder what that is all about.
Looks to me like Cos is embarrassed and apologetic about Sensor's rather discourteous reaction to being interviewed, and possibly also concerned for Jeka's mental welfare. Apparently Jeka still has a long way to go before she comes to terms with her appearance.
Posted By: Vee Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 09/29/03 12:41 AM
One other item (or lack thereof) that lends creedence to it being a reporter. She has no Legion logo anywhere on her outfit. Even th recruits at the academy have a logo.
I agree it looks like a reporter!!!
Oh no! You know who it is!

Its a grownup Lori Morning! mad mad mad
Posted By: Pov Re: Leonard Kirk Interview on Pulse: Spoilers - 10/01/03 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Made you look! wink
Yup... shocked laugh
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
Oh no! You know who it is!

Its a grownup Lori Morning! mad mad mad
No wonder Cos looks upset. And Sensor slithered off.

Reporter sounds reasonable, not that Lori couldn't be one - but she's probably still a bit young. Fortunately. Unless the Time Trapper did something to her again.
© Legion World