Legion World
Due to the sheer volume and tenacity by which fake (robot) registrations are appearing the last few days, I'm suspending new member registrations for an undetermined amount of time.

If you are interested in joining this message board or know someone who would be interested in joining, please email legionadmin(at*)legionworld.net.

(* replace with @ of course)

Thanks!
Sounds like the autobots are working overtime.
What about half-robots? Or people with one robot arm?

This is completely prejudicial.

Next we'll be told that washing machines are no longer welcome.
It's Robotica's revenge.
All those cadets were making fun of Babbage because he was a robot, but who's getting the last laugh now, huh biyatches?!
How do we *know* that one of them hasn't slipped in already?

(if I were a robot hell bent on infiltrating Legion World I'd pick a random user name like, say, "table" or "cleome")
<span style="font-size: 17px;"> EXTERMINATE!!! </span>

<span style="font-size: 17px;"> EXTERMINATE!!! </span>
You mean...

ASSSSIMMMILLLLLAAATTTEEE!!!!!!
C.O.M.P.U.T.O IS HERE!
Everybody, watch out for your third selves!
Uh, oh... this is how it starts.

First, suspension of registrations; what's next... loyalty pledges?

For the record, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the Robot Party (though I have been known to bust out the robot dance at parties).
Brainy you and your inventions are gonna KILL us all!
Bender and the League of Robots are coming to save us all from ourselves!!!
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Uh, oh... this is how it starts.

First, suspension of registrations; what's next... loyalty pledges?
Legion secret handshake, of couse... DUHuh... wink
You know, of course... This is just a ploy by Nightie to drive up the postcount in this forum... lol
Originally posted by cleome:
[b] <span style="font-size: 17px;"> EXTERMINATE!!! </span>

<span style="font-size: 17px;"> EXTERMINATE!!! </span> [/b]
LOL
The Computer Tyrants of colu have arrived...

Or maybe it's just one malfunctioning robot. We should call Al, our trusty robot repairman.
Heck, I can never keep up with who's who here anyway between the alt-id's and people changing the alt's every few months it seems.

I'm just plain old rickshaw1. thats bout all i can keep up with, lol. I'm an ol......

NOW HERE THIS!!!!!

WE HAVE ARRIVED. WE ARE TAKING OVER YOUR ID'S. YOU WILL SURRENDER ALL FREE WILL! WE ARE THE DHIPZ FROM THE PLANET SCHITZ. YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

THAT IS ALL!

d geezer and I know it, lol.
Okay, I admit it. I'm really Ram Boy's alt. As to the mysterious "table," I know nothing! NOTHING!

angel
Sergeant Schultz is Ram Boy's alt?? The bind moggles!
Yes, cleome is me when I'm in pathological liar mode (which, as you've probably noticed, is quite often). I don't know what it is, but as cleome I just feel compelled to lie, lie, lie. So never believe ANYTHING cleome me says.

(Except for the thing about we being us; I'll vouch for myself on that one)
Gary, does Legionworld use Captcha images to verify registration?
If not would that help defect the onslaught of bots?
Ooh, that's a good idea, Deddy... hmmm Don't know what it would take on Gary's end, if it's even possible with LW's set-up, but Captcha should stop the Bots...
Color me naive, but what are robot registrations and why would anyone utilize them?
(All I can think of is to vote multiple times in the occational polls we have, but why someone would go to great length to do so is beyond me.)
~Shan

Murdermaton
They are Spam-bots looking to advertise

Things to enhance parts of one's anatomy.
Sell you a date
or something to look at when you don't have a date.
Some fine pharmaceuticals.
A replica Rolex perhaps.
Originally posted by dedman:
Gary, does Legionworld use Captcha images to verify registration?
If not would that help defect the onslaught of bots?
Our current software doesn't allow for that. THREADS does have it (but I recently saw the mothership get spammed, so... :rolleyes: ).

Since I have an extra day this weekend, I may play around with PHP again.
Oh well, it was worth a try.
I'm going to be playing around with TikiWiki on my days off (GOT 6!!!), if I find a possible solution there I'll let you know.
Thanks!

And with this post, I'll open the gates again. At least for this weekend. I'll have time to delete 50 or so registrations at a time.
© Legion World