Legion World
Thought I'd start this little game/poll. Someone picks a Legionnaire any era. If said Legionnaire has been in multiple incarnations of the Legion pick your favourite and least favourite costume that that Legionnaire had. Even if a Legionnaire has only had 1 incarnation (ie the Khunds from Legion On The Run), they could be simply like or dislike their costume. And it is okay if you have more than 1 fave/least fave/tied...put N/A.

I''ll start with the 3 founders...and we'll do new Legionnaires (pick from 1-5) every Friday or so.

Cosmic Boy:
Favourite Costume:original costume from Adventure Comics
Least Favourite:I wasn't exactly crazy about his Polestar costume from Legion On The Run

Saturn Girl:
Favourite:Red w/White Band from Adventure Comics
Least:Black & Yellow from Adventure Comics #247

Lightning Lad:
Favourite:Blue w/White Band from Giffen/Levitz run LSH #300 on
Least:Red & White as Lightning Boy from Adventure Comics #247

How about you?
Cosmic Boy
Fave: Giffen outfit (Baxter Era)
Lesst: Grell's outfit

Saturn Girl
Fave: Original Outfit (Adventure #247)
Least: Magic Wars era outfit

Lightning Lad
Fave: Adventure Era outfit
Least: Original Outfit (Adventure #247)
Cosmic Boy
Fave: The purple reboot version
Least: The Grell bustier (I think that's the right word; too tired to check)

Saturn Girl
Fave: The Giffen version of her '60s costume
Least: N/A. She's looked good in just about everything.

Lightning Lad:
Fave: The ADVENTURE outfit, complete with cape
Least: The original outfit, if only because I associate the color red with Mekt.
Cosmic Boy
Fave: Giffen costume (Baxter Era). Current one a close second
Least: Polestar

Saturn Girl
Fave: Cockrum/Grell pink bikini
Least: Magic Wars era costume

Lightning Lad:
Fave: Current costume
Least: The original outfit.
And just to clarify, every Friday someone can name 2-5 Legionnaires for the week, that way everyone who participates in this thread gets turns.
Cosmic Boy
Fave: 2boot: purple & black, with detachable discs so he always has *some* metal available for a weapon or a shield.
Least: Grell. I thought the "Polestar" outfit was OK. I find the 3boot outfit acceptable only when Barry draws it; none of the fill-in artists seemed to be able to bring it off.

Saturn Girl
Fave: "Classic" Adventure-era red & white; one of the mere handful of better-than-mediocre pre-Cockrum Legion costume designs.
Least: Adventure 247.

Lightning Lad
Fave: Cockrum. THE quintessential Legion costume; basis for all subsequent versions; winner of Legion Costume Survivor, and deservedly so!
Least: Adventure 247.
Cosmic Boy
Fave: Cartoon version (I like the way the pink has evolved to purple)
Least: Adventure #247 - the pink and black outfit with a bubble on his head.

Saturn Girl
Fave: the Cockrum/Grell pink bikini
Least: the late 5yg era scarlet with a white belt.

Lightning Lad:
Fave: The Cockrum redesign - I still love that "tuxedo" look
Least: Hated that puffy orange belt he wore in the Adventure era.
Cosmic Boy
Fave: Post zero hour purple.
Least: Bustier (as previously described)

Saturn Girl
Fave: Her maternal wear. Classy, nice colors and design.
Least: Pink Bikini, never liked it.

Lightning Lad
Fave: Swan
Least: Animated
Cosmic Boy's bustier always makes me think of Dr. Frank-n-Furter.

And Ayla can be Columbia, and Tasmia can be Magenta, and...
Cos:
Fave: Current version
Least: Bustier

Saturn Girl
Fave: Red and White (ca. Universo Project)
Least: Pink Bikini

LL
Fave: Cockrum
Least: Adventure era
Since it's now Friday, I'll post the next three Legionnaires. (I know it doesn't have to be restricted to three.)

Element Lad:
Fave: The blue with green arrow motif. Mysterious and eye-catching.
Least: The Adventure-era pink and white number. It always reminded me of pajamas.

Shrinking Violet:
Fave: The Dave Cockrum green and black outfit with the impossibly high (but eye-catching) boots.
Least: Her 5YL appearance; it's as if they tried too hard to make her butch.

Wildfire (not really a costume change, but ...)
Fave: The rounded face mask. It gave him a rebel- biker appearance.
Least: The flat face mask. It was just too much of a reminder that there was no face underneath.
Element Lad
Fave: Probably the arrow costume, though it still reminds me a lot of Kranyak's outfit.
Least: The Sprouse/Reboot design. (Unless Jarth counts...)

Shrinking Violet
Fave: Probably Yera's Vi-disguise, actually. But as far as looks that are really her, I'll have to go for Cockrum's.
Least: Baxter era. Kicking-ass in that skirt never really made a lot of sense.

Wildfire
Fave: Cockrum's original look, of course.
Least: The 80s "anti-matter body" look that he got after hanging around with Quislet.
Element Lad
Fav: the black/pink number with the interlac "E"
Least: the green/blue big arrow one. Runner up is his current soulpatch... just the soulpatch.

Vi
Fav: Come to think of it, I don't think I'm crazy about any of her outfits, but I guess I liked her postboot purple outfit the most.
Least: her LotR Virus "Sgt.Pepper's" outfit.

WILDFIRE
Fav:
click to enlarge
Least: The first energy body that resembled his suit.. but it was his body!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Element Lad
Fav: the black/pink number with the interlac "E"
Least: the green/blue big arrow one. Runner up is his current soulpatch... just the soulpatch.
I'd be in favor of Element Lad wearing nothing but his soulpatch.
Element Lad
Fave: This is close, but I'm going with the Baxter black & magenta with the white Interlac "E" to beat the Cockrum blue & green (like the costume, but not the hairstyle (and before you ask, yes, I did find the perm less objectionable)).
Least: Nothing I consider awful (though the Kitson design is a little too busy for me; the 2boot outfit was decent, except, being black & white, it was too close to 2boot Invisible Kid, and if it's up to me I'm reserving that color combo for Lyle, since it's my Fave costume for Lyle); I'll have to go with the bland, original Adventure-era pink & white (but Jan should've kept his original hairstyle).

Shrinking Violet
Fave: the "off-the-shoulder" version of the 2boot jumpsuit (yes, I'm a Jeff Moy fan).
Least: original Adventure-era green & white; again, not awful, just bland, and the variation she wore after being released from the sens-tank was an improvement, IMO (I'd take the Virus/LotR outfit over either, myself).

Wildfire
Fave: original Cockrum, with the curving faceplate (though I liked the 2boot, Kwai-built outfit).
Least: the first, clunky, 2boot containment suit.
Jan:
Fave: The Green arrow
Least: Current

Vi:
Fave: Dark green, late '70s
Least: Original light green dress

Drake:
Fave: Original
Least: The Quislet outfit

I did want to add that had I posted in this thread last week, there would have been one very enthusiastic "fave" vote for the Cosmic Bustier. laugh
Element Lad
Fave: Postboot black
Least: Pink and white

Violet
Fave: Postboot
Least: Adventure

Wildfire:
Fave: Coipel version (Legion Lost)
Least: 'solid energy'
Element Lad
Fave: Giffen's backpacker
Least: The green with arrow pointing up, never figured out what that meant.

Shrinking Violet
Fave: Giffen's for older Vi.
Least: Levitz era green with arrow pointing down and thigh boots (guess I don't like arrows)

Wildfire
Fave: Original Erg (no voters yet for Lightle's Qward?)
Least: Energy Body
I've always thought that Jan's costume was an example of an artist designing a costume first and then deciding which character should wear it.
Which one of Jan's costumes are you referring to?
Cockrum's green arrow suit. (Sorry I didn't make that clear.)
For this week, how about...

Timber Wolf
Triplicate Girl/Triad/Duo Damsel
Chameleon/Chameleon Boy
Blok (in his case it can the ways he was drawn)
Dawnstar
Polar Boy
Night Girl
Lightning Lass/Light Lass/Gossamer

Timber Wolf:
Fave:The original from Adventure Comics
Least Fave:Furball

Triplicate Girl/Triad/Duo Damsel:
Fave:tied...Original Purple with cape and Triad from last incarnation and current cartoon
Least Fave:Duo Damsel one with the holes

Chameleon/Chameleon Boy:
Fave:original with "scale marks" from Adventure Comcis and purple from around LSH #300 +/-
Least Fave:not too keen on the red outfit he sort of had while he was a prisoner on Takron Galtos was it?

Blok:
Fave:original with the collar and bare feet and his second look post Great Darkness Saga
Least Fave:the way he looked during the 5YG when he was murdered by Roxxas and the last couple of looks he had in the Baxter series...bleh

Dawnstar:
Fave:original look from SLSH
Least Fave:Bounty and the last couple of costume designs from the Baxter series...bleh again

Polar Boy:
Fave:original look from Adventure Comics and when he first joined the Legion
Least Fave:n/a

Night Girl:
Fave:Original look from Adventure Comics and when she had the long hair w/o the beehive
Least Fave:n/a

Fave:Original costume as Lightning Lass and when she rejoined the Legion after the LSV War
Least Fave:1st Light Lass costume with the Feather
Timber Wolf
Fave: Original Aventure outfit
Least: The DnA Era design

Triplicate Girl
Fave: Original outfit
Least: The Giffen split-jumpsuit

Chameleon Boy
Fave: Magic Wars outfit (mostly for the hood)
Least: Probably the current look

Blok
Fave: I kind of like the more "Frankenstein" appearance during the Magic Wars
Least: Nothing but swim trunks

Dawnstar
Fave: Magic Wars
Least: Bounty

Polar Boy
Fave: Original outfit
Least: Baxter era with the cheesy helmet

Night Girl
Least: Hmm... she's never really looked bad, but the Baxter Era is probably my least favorite

Light(ning) Lass
Fave: Current look, actually
Least: Hmm... probably the "Spark" outfit. Just boring and not distinctive at all.
Timber Wolf
Fave: Plunging neckline '80s outfit that showed lots of chest hair! laugh
Least: Furball.

Fave: Late '70s Duo Damsel outfit.
Least: Original.

Chameleon/Chameleon Boy
Fave: Cockrum Red and purple.
Least: Current.

Blok
Fave: Epaulets and shorts
Least: Pants

Dawnstar
Don't really have a least fave

Polar Boy
Fave: Original.
Least: Current.

Night Girl
Fave: Original (Lydda made the mega-beehive fabulous before Marge Simpson was even a twinkle in Matt Groening's eye).
Again, no least fave.

Fave: Current
Least: Original Light Lass (Ayla couldn't work the 'hive nearly as well as Lydda)
Oh, wait. Sign me up for the current Polar Boy as least fave, too. I forgot about that look.
Timber Wolf
Fave: Hmm, Brin has had several good costumes, but has he had a great costume? I'll go with Cockrum.
Least: Weren't both Brin and Laurel stuck in red ponchos in "Legion on the Run"? Didn't suit either of them, IIRC, but especially an acrobat -- too easy to get tangled up in your own clothes! LotR.

Triad
Fave: 2boot jumpsuit (I believe I mentioned I'm a Jeff Moy fan)
Least: Well, I'm not satisfied with her current look (Barry turned her 2boot pageboy bob into Helmethair); the cape and the hair saved her otherwise dull Adventure-era outfit; I believe I'll go with the Legion-Academy-instructor 2-tone jumpsuit -- another case of a bad hairstyle tipping the scales.

Chameleon Boy
Not Applicable: All of Cham's costumes have been mediocre, but that's OK for him: his visual is all about him using his powers, so it's appropriate that he's never had a distinctively good *or* bad costume.

Blok
Fave: More or less by default, I have to go with his original grey-on-grey look; colorful clothes just never looked right on him.
Least: Toon -- the collar is bigger than his head! What's up with that?! confused

Dawnstar
Fave: Original, again more or less by default; nothing else she tried ever impressed me.
Least: LotR.

Polar Boy
Fave: Lightle's silver-skullcap design.
Least: Another vote for the 3boot/Wanderers "Polar Boy".

Night Girl
Fave: Original. Even with the beehive -- somehow, it worked for Lydda.
Least: Grell. Unless you're Distraction Damsel from Supermegatopia , and falling out of your costume in front of the bad guys is your standard M.O., that outfit is just too skimpy.

Light Lass, etc.
Fave: Kitson.
Least: SW6/"Gossamer".
Timber Wolf
Fave: Any pre-TMK look
Least: Circa his mini-series

Fave: Coipel's reboot redesign
Least: Current Kitson

Chameleon/Chameleon Boy
Fave: Adventure
Least: Does TMK civilian gear count?

Blok (in his case it can the ways he was drawn)
Fave: Lightle Blue and Yellow
Least: TMK crater-rock look

Dawnstar
Fave: Original yellow with tassles
Least: Late-Baxter era redesign

Polar Boy
Fave: Reboot Moy
Least: Current Kitson

Night Girl
Fave: Baxter
Least: None

Fave: Current Kitson
Least: Adventure
Ooh! I forgot about Coipel's groovy Triplicate Girl outfit! I'll actually switch that one to being my favorite as well!
Anyone want to make a selection of Legionnaires? Anyone? Anyone?
I'll give it a go.

Kinetix
Projectra
Star Boy
Dream Girl
Apparition/Phantom Girl
I should probably note that I can't remember most of the Magic Wars era costumes, nor the 5YL ones. They looked so much alike to me that I could never quite rememebr them.

Kinetix

Fave: The version of the green costume with the gloves, soft silky boots, and the frills around the short sleeves and the frills around the waist that looked like a skirt but not quite. She wore it around the Mordru battle. She was great, cute and BEAUTIFULLY alluring in that.
Least: Terrorform Zoe, if that counts. If not, I never liked her original red number that much. Green suited her much better.

Projectra

Fave: Have to be the current W/K one. Very regal.
Least: Jeckie's had her share of bad costumes... I think the worst was the red Cockrum design. I dunno, so many holes, and the color just seemed to hurt my eyes.

Star Boy

Fave: Cockrum starfield, of course. THE costume for Thom.
Least: Adventure era. Too bland.

Dream Girl

Fave: Hm... Gonna have to be a tie between Cockrum's classic bikini and Coipel's Dreamer look (with the chest window tongue ) and the belt.
Least: Nura's never really had a bad costume, but my least fave was her Adventure look.

Apparition/Phantom Girl

Fave: The SW6 look just narrowly edges out the bell bottoms one, and onyl because the SW6 cape/touchstone look just seemed to fit Tinya's powers more.
Least: Adventure. Too darned plain.

Timber Wolf

Fave: Ok, I'm kinda mixed up here. I don;t remember a lot of the ones he had, but the one that stands out is the one he had during the Great Darkness Saga.
Least: Hm... still Adventure. Hated the things on his arms.

Fave: Tough one. The one she had as DD during the great darkness was good, but Coipel's businesswoman look is fast becoming a classic in my opinion. Tie.
Least: The one with all the holes in it, and the cape. Was that Grell or Cockrum? W/K one's a close second though.

Chameleon/Chameleon Boy

Fave: The yellow and purple combo Cham had around V3.
Least: The red and purple version. Color hurt my eyes.

Blok

Fave: Not familiar with most of Blok's, but the one I do remember is the blue and yellow pants.
Least: N/A because I can't remember.

Dawnstar

Fave: Classic look. Great for her. Made her look very hot.
Least: Hm... her Bounty look.

Polar Boy

Fave: Lightle (was it Lightle?) The one he had when he joined.
Least: N/A. His Adventure look was also pretty good, as wasthe one we saw as a cadet during DNA.

Night Girl

Fave: The one around V3.
Least: None, really. I also liked her Adventure look.

Fave: Kitson's.
Least: Hm... post Zero Hour, only because it was a rip off of Garth's.

Shrinking Violet

Fave: Moy's as well.
Least: The green dress during Baxter. Just seemed odd that new tough Vi would wear a skirt, and it seemed so retro too.

Wildfire

Fave: The one around GDS.
Least: When he was reintro'd post ZH.

Element Lad

Fave: I actually like the Kitson one.
Least: Adventure.

Saturn Girl

Fave: Tie between pink bikini (visually great) and SW6 (fit Imra's no-nonsense personality)
Least: Adventure 247, natch.

Live Wire

Fave: Cockrum's classic costume which has since become the basis of all others.
Least: Adventure 247 as well as the one he had on the rest of Adventure. The leg color made me think he was always wearing briefs!

[b]Cosmic Boy[/b[

Fave: Post ZH.
Least: The Grell one was just too weird for me. Adventure 247 too.
Kinetix
Fave: I rather liked the way Zoe looked with the tail, but of course I'm an Omaha the Cat Dancer fan.
Least: Terrorform.

Projectra
Fave: Sensor Girl red-and-white.
Least: Magic Wars.

Star Boy
Fave: Kitson.
Least: Adventure-era. Bad, bad, BAD color combinations + buzzcut = Hideous.

Dream Girl
Fave: Cockrum silver, though I like the Kitson design (yes, even *with* the cloud pants!)
Least: Coipel.

Phantom Girl/Apparition
Fave: Apparition SW6/first year of the 2boot: Tinya's best costume AND her best hairstyle, at the same time. Unfortunately they changed her hairstyle after she died.
Least: L.E.G.I.O.N. Phase.
Kinetix
I missed the reboot, so I really don't know her costumes.

Projectra
Fave: Late-seventies red and gold.
Least: Original (blue is not her colour)

Star Boy
Fave: Circa 1980 starfield with plunging neckline, preferably with beard.
Least: Original

Dream Girl
Fave: The silver bikini thing
Least: No least fave

Phantom Girl/Apparition
Fave: Circa 1980 with the big barrettes.
Least: Original
Kinetix
Fave: Hmm... I think I liked the original the best, from what I can remember.
Least: Terrorform

Projectra
Fave: The 70s look is by far my favorite.
Least: Well, if we're not counting Sensor, I'll have to go with her Adventure outfit.

Star Boy
Fave: I absolutely love his Adventure costume.
Least: The SW6 outfit.

Dream Girl
Fave: Kitson's design is probably my favorite.
Least: Hmm... I actually think the 80s version of the swimsuit look is my least fave.

Phantom Girl
Fave: 70s Bell-Bottoms.
Least: Magic Wars outfit.
© Legion World