Legion World
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/08/10 10:00 PM
Not that one!

The Space Legion, starring Capt. Rock Braddon!

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
How have these guys not been connected to our Legion?

Stay tuned and I'll try to post some panels from the story where Capt. Rock Braddon prevents two planets from warring over hair color!
I'm sure there's a bunch more panels to this comic, but these seem to tell you all you need to know.

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/09/10 12:41 AM
Where is this groovy story from? Is this one of those Otto Binder Legion precursors?
The Space Legion first appears in Crack Comics #1, which also gave us the Black Condor and Madame Fatal!

That means that, like other Quality Comics features, it should currently be owned by DC!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/09/10 12:52 AM
Jeepers! When I start our comic book publishing company, this is one of those Quality properties we need to buy from DC stat!

Very cool story / franchise! I've never heard of them before.
There's enough groovy unused Quality characters that we could start a awesome comic book universe from just those!
Anyway, I think it would be totally cool if it turned out that Rokk Krinn was named after Rock Braddon of the Space Legion or something!
What year are these from?
early 40s.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/10/10 02:46 AM
"Who won, Ha ha ha!" "Shut up!" It's LOVE.
Unfortunately, in the next issue the Queens start another war over royal bikini colors.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/10/10 02:49 AM
Those dizzy dames!!!
Posted By: lil'rhino Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/10/10 05:37 AM
Jon Hamm could play Capt. Rock Braddon in the movie version!!
Good thing there are no redheads in space.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/10/10 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Good thing there are no redheads in space.
They were waiting in the wings to take on the now tired winner.
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b] Good thing there are no redheads in space.
They were waiting in the wings to take on the now tired winner.[/b]
Redheads are cunning like that.

That Rock guy wouldn't stand a chance.
Posted By: Omni Craig Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/10/10 07:08 PM
Interesting that a ship called "Nova" was in distress in both Legions' first appearances. The Nova Express was the ship Superboy & Lightning Boy had to warn about danger...
Good catch! I missed that connection completely!
Great googly moogly, Space Legion fans!

More adventures of Rock Braddon and company can be read in Crack Comics at the Digital Comics Museum!
Will Bendis bring back the Space Legion?
Uh?

confused

Bunny. Pancake.

EDIT:

Oh.

I didn't realize there were 20 posts before EDE's most recent one.

How embarrassing.

blush
That post was pretty hilariously bizarre if you missed the previous two pages!

I should do reviews of all of the Space Legion stories.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: The First Appearance of the Legion! - 07/02/19 10:33 PM
I wonder which one of the silhouettes in Superman #9 is Rock Braddon.
© Legion World