Legion World
Some of you may have know that a couple of years back the fastfood franchise known as Jack In the Box had 2 different animated-style sets of toys in their "Kid's Meal". You can see pics of them here.

http://www.toyotter.com/jack.html

Well I just found out that they're currently doing a new promotion with a 14 figures for July & August. It started on on July 19th. You can see pics of the July batch here.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=10&itemid=3816

Just in case you don't want to eat the food there most places you can usually buy the toy seperate for around 60 cents. I have the previous sets & if the new ones are of the same quality everyone should try to get their hands on some.

Oh and if anyone could help me get the new sets I would appreciate it since there aren't any Jack in the Box's here. frown
I'm still hunting for that JitB Batgirl at a reasonable price on eBay... frown
Yeah, I'd use eBay to get the new ones but my email is acting wonky. frown

That Batgirl with kicking action makes a great mini-set with the Punching Supergirl.
Damn! We don't have JitB in Utah. But they are all over the place in Vegas and in SD. Thomas wanted to go to one since he'd never been and we just didn't take the time to go to a fast food place.
I have two of each of the six they have so far.

If you guys want I can try to snag another set or two. (Although please bear in mind it took me 4 different Jack in the Box's to get the sets, one of them [Downtown's] didn't even know what the heck I was talking about.) But I'll try.
Don't go to extremes on my account, Gary... I really only want Babs. laugh
I'd really appreciate that, Nightcrawler.
Originally posted by Pov:
Don't go to extremes on my account, Gary... I really only want Babs. laugh
Uh. Oh. She was in a previous (1999?) promotion.

The six available now are Superman, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Lex Luthor, Star Sapphire, & Shade.

Later it'll be Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Matrian Manhunter, Joker, Ultra-Humanite, Cheetah, & Copperhead.

And I'll try to snag some extra sets when I get a chance. It's Gay Pride weekend here, so I'll be working a lot of hours until Monday. I had to get away from the city to find a place that has Shade & Star Sapphire so I won't be able to do go there until then.
Okay. Monday I was able to get almost a complete set, Hawkgirl's still MIA. I'll keep trying. I've got until the 14th, so I have plenty of time.
I was just wondering did you ever find that Hawkgirl, Nightcrawler?
Originally posted by ActorLad:
I was just wondering did you ever find that Hawkgirl, Nightcrawler?
Oops! No.

I'll resume the search this week. They started the second wave early, so I got at least one complete set of those. Right now, the restaurants seem to have a mix of all 14.
Thanks for looking Gary, I really appreciate it. If there was a Jack in the Box here, I'd probably get more then one of some of those.
If I find a Hawkgirl (all I care to get, really) I'll pick up a second one. The quality, through the display case, doesn't seem to quite equal that of the Subway and Burger King figures.
© Legion World