Legion World
Posted By: Greybird Anyone recognize this superheroine? - 08/29/04 07:34 AM
I've been mystified by this striking panel since I scrounged it from the Net several years ago. She was -- I think -- a character shown in a Wonder Woman book, but I'm not entirely sure, and I've read too few such issues over the years to know for sure.

I took down that her name was "Julia" (not Julia Kapatelis, though ... ?) and that she was flying to escape something, but gathered no other details about her.

Who is she? If you know, where did this panel appear, and this character? And, especially, what gave her the eye patch?

Not much to go on, I know, especially with only one panel. But I do like seeing all kinds of flying women ... especially, though hardly exclusively, with wings.

I also asked this on CBR Forums, 100 people looked, but nobody replied. Thanks in advance for any info.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Anyone recognize this superheroine? - 08/29/04 07:50 AM
If the detail you have already about her are correct, I think that's "Julia" the Daxamite that Diana met when she was in Space for awhile in her own title. I think the story had something to do with alien slavery and/or aliens being forced to be gladiators. Diana named her after Julia Kapatelis. I've never read the story in question but I'm pretty sure "Julia" ended up showing up again during OWAW. I ment I haven't read the story "Julia" is introduced in but I did read some of OWAW.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: Anyone recognize this superheroine? - 08/29/04 08:21 AM
I do believe that ActorLad is correct, I read about her in the Wonder Woman Ultimate Guide written by Scott Beatty, who emailed me.
Posted By: Vee Re: Anyone recognize this superheroine? - 08/29/04 10:49 AM
And proof once again that noone knows comics better than Legion Worlders laugh
Posted By: Greybird Re: Anyone recognize this superheroine? - 09/01/04 01:30 PM
Thanks, friends. Her being a Daxamite was enough of a clue to get me the issue numbers (via Google) where she appeared thus far, or so two sources say.
© Legion World