Legion World
Posted By: Vee LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/21/10 08:49 PM
Well, we're back by popular demand and off to a late start but LW College GameWeek is ready to rock & roll! Following are the ten match ups we're considering this week, so look them over and post your picks before the start of the first game (12 noon Saturday)!

NC State v Georgia Tech (at GT)
VaTech v Boston College (at BC)
North Carolina v Rutgers (at Rutgers)
Stanford #16 v Notre Dame (at ND)
Temple v Penn State #23 (at PSU)
Alabama #1 v. Arkansas #11 (at Ark.)
South Carolina #12 v Auburn #17 (at Aub)
Oregon State #24 v Boise State #3 (at BSU)
West Virginia #22 v LSU #15 (at LSU)
Cal v Arizona #14 (at Arizona)
NC State v Georgia Tech (at GT) I'll go with GT
VaTech v Boston College (at BC) VaTech
North Carolina v Rutgers (at Rutgers) NC
Stanford #16 v Notre Dame (at ND) ND
Temple v Penn State #23 (at PSU) Penn
Alabama #1 v. Arkansas #11 (at Ark.) Alabama

South Carolina #12 v Auburn #17 (at Aub) Ouch... I think after the personel losses by Au, I'll give an extremely small edge to the Gamecocks

Oregon State #24 v Boise State #3 (at BSU) I think Boise is for real. BS to win, lol.
West Virginia #22 v LSU #15 (at LSU) LSU
Cal v Arizona #14 (at Arizona) Goin' with AZ
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/22/10 03:28 AM
Here are my selections...

NC State v Georgia Tech (at GT) ~ The Ramblin' Wreck hasn't been all that impressive this year but they should be able to put away NC State with little trouble. Vee's Pick ~ GT

VaTech v Boston College (at BC) ~ The Hokies have been having a very uncharacteristic mediocre year and I think many are picking them on prior reputation. But Boston College hasn't played a tough game yet this year. Kent State and Weber State don't get you ready for Va Tech, even on an off year. Vee's pick ~ Va Tech.

North Carolina v Rutgers (at Rutgers) ~ Even with their suspension depleted roster, the tar Heels should be able to deal with a lackluster & disappointing Scarlet Knight team this year. It may be closer than it should be but NC will win. Vee's pick ~ UNC

Stanford #16 v Notre Dame (at ND)~ I like Brian Kelly and I think he will be able to bring Notre Dame back to prominence but they're not there yet. Vee's pick ~ Stanford

Temple v Penn State #23 (at PSU) ~ Temple has been a surprise team this year. If this game were anywhere but Happy Valley I might be tempted to call it an upset special. Could be a fun game to watch since Penn State has not seemed like the Nittany Lions of old. Vee's pick ~ PSU

Alabama #1 v. Arkansas #11 (at Ark.) ~ Ryan Mallett versus Mark Ingram in a Heisman showdown. The Razorbacks did a great job containing Ingram last year. If they can do so again I think they have a solid shot at winning this one at home. Vee's pick ~ in the upset of the week, Arkansas.

South Carolina #12 v Auburn #17 (at Aub) ~ Auburn has looked tough this year but I think Spurrier finally has the Gamecocks in gear. Vee's pick ~ South Carolina.

Oregon State #24 v Boise State #3 (at BSU) ~ The Bronco's Blue Turf claims another victim. Vee's pick ~ Boise State

West Virginia #22 v LSU #15 (at LSU) ~ Should be a fairly evenly matched game. Gotta believe the home field will be the deciding factor here. Vee's pick ~ LSU

Cal v Arizona #14 (at Arizona) ~ Arizona actually looks like they could be the team to beat in the Pac 10. Cal hasn't faced a good enough team yet this year to be ready for the Arizona onslaught. Vee's pick ~ Arizona
Yay, Vee is back with the Game Day thread! I knew if I pestered him about it we'd see one! laugh

So far I've been enjoying this year immensely despite ND having two losses this early. I've brought my 4 month old son into the tradition. The first week, my wife and I made a huge breakfast that could feed a dozen people and I picked at it all day long well into the evening games.

Georgia Tech

Virginia Tech - they can't afford another loss this early in the season.

North Carolina - this is the one game I'm least sure about.

Notre Dame - contrary to their losing I think they played very well these last two weeks. This should be the victory they need.

Penn State

'Bama

Auburn - I think Auburn will take this one at home.

Boise State - while I keep expecting Boise State to lose one at some point this season, I don't think it will be here.

LSU

Arizona
Originally posted by Vee:
Alabama #1 v. Arkansas #11 (at Ark.) ~ Ryan Mallett versus Mark Ingram in a Heisman showdown. The Razorbacks did a great job containing Ingram last year. If they can do so again I think they have a solid shot at winning this one at home. Vee's pick ~ in the upset of the week, Arkansas.
You're kidding, right? ROLL TIDE!!!!! OptimusPrime
Alabama is tough, but don't discount the razorbacks, even though I'm not picking them.
Damnit! I kept putting it off and putting it off... frown

Next week, guys! nod
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/26/10 05:37 AM
Some very good games this week. Here are some observations...

1) NC State is for real. Even though Georgia Tech doesn't look to be at the top of their game, the Wolfpack handled them and is now 4-0.

2) Temple really gave Penn State a scare. The Owls are no longer the perennial doormat they used to be.

3) Alabama - Arkansas was a great game. The Razorbacks gave the Tide a run for their money. Mallet may well have lost his shot at a Heisman with his turnovers.

4) Did anyone else see that Oklahoma just barely survived against Cincinnati and Texas lost to UCLA? Guess both were looking ahead one week to their Red River Showdown.

5) Mark Richt is going to really be on a hot seat after his Georgia Bulldogs lost another game, this time to Miss State.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/26/10 02:35 PM
And the results for this week are as follows:

Cobie ~ 8 of 10 = 80%
Rick ~ 7 of 10 = 70%
Vee ~ 7 of 10 = 70%
Lardy ~ gets a 10 yard penalty for Delay of Game laugh
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/26/10 06:22 PM
And here is the latest (Week 5) Ap Top 25 Poll...

AP Top 25

* 1.Alabama (57)
* 2.Ohio St. (2)
* 3.Boise St. (1)
* 4.Oregon
* 5.TCU
* 6.Nebraska
* 7.Florida
* 8.Oklahoma
* 9.Stanford
* 10.Auburn
* 11.Wisconsin
* 12.LSU
* 13.Utah
* 14.Arizona
* 15.Arkansas
* 16.Miami (FL)
* 17.Iowa
* 18.USC
* 19.South Carolina
* 20.Michigan
* 21.Texas
* 22.Penn St.
* 23.N.C. State
* 24.Michigan St.
* 25.Nevada
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 09/26/10 06:32 PM
And here are the ten games to consider this week. Lots of tough battles around the country and plenty of match ups among ranked teams. Good luck and please sure to have your choices posted by the start of the first game (12 noon on Saturday)

Va Tech @ #23 NC State
#2 Ohio St @ Illinois
#16 Miami (FL) @ Clemson
#21 Texas @ #8 Oklahoma
#11 Wisconsin @ #24 Michigan State
Tennessee @ #12 LSU
Notre Dame @ Boston College
#7 Florida @ #1 Alabama
#22 Penn State @ #17 Iowa
#9 Stanford @ #4 Oregon
Va Tech @ #23 NC State I'll take Tech
#2 Ohio St @ Illinois Gimme O HI.
#16 Miami (FL) @ Clemson Miami.
#21 Texas @ #8 Oklahoma Ok
#11 Wisconsin @ #24 Michigan State Wisconsin
Tennessee @ #12 LSU LSU
Notre Dame @ Boston College BC
#7 Florida @ #1 Alabama ALA
#22 Penn State @ #17 Iowa Iowa
#9 Stanford @ #4 Oregon Oregon
NC State
Ohio St
Clemson
Oklahoma
#11 Wisconsin
LSU
Notre Dame
Alabama
Iowa
Oregon
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/02/10 02:42 AM
Here are my picks...

Va Tech @ #23 NC State ~ Never really thought I would ever say this but I just don't think VT has what it takes to beat the Wolfpack this year. Vee's pick ~ NC State

#2 Ohio St @ Illinois ~ The Fighting Illini will play tough but the Buckeyes should prevail. Vee's pick ~ Ohio State

#16 Miami (FL) @ Clemson ~ Clemson is scary this year and it's in their backyard but Miami will be looking to avenge the loss last year. Vee's pick ~ Miami

#21 Texas @ #8 Oklahoma ~ The Longhorns are not the same caliber team as last year. Vee's pick ~ Oklahoma

#11 Wisconsin @ #24 Michigan State ~ The Spartans are the surprise team of the Big 10. Vee's pick ~ Michigan State

Tennessee @ #12 LSU ~ Neither team is as good as in recent years so I'll give the edge to home field. Vee's Pick ~ LSU

Notre Dame @ Boston College ~ Both teams have suffered disappointing losses but Boston College seems like its better equipped over all this year. Vee's pick ~ BC

#7 Florida @ #1 Alabama ~ The Gators got off to a rocky start but seem to have righted the ship. Bama has been solid all year. Vee's pick ~ 'Bama

#22 Penn State @ #17 Iowa ~ Sorry JoePa. Vee's pick ~ Iowa

#9 Stanford @ #4 Oregon ~ Should be a pretty wild game with two solid contenders for the Pac 12 crown. Vee's pick ~ Oregon
Congrats, Vee. Miami avenges its home loss to us last year by handing one right back to Clemson. Credit Clemson with the assist via 6 turnovers. Ugh. shake
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/03/10 12:25 PM
Some great games to watch yesterday. Illinois gave Ohio State quite a scare. Should be interesting to see if they lose any ground in the polls (they should but I predict they won't). How about that wild ending to the LSU - Tenn game? Can't recall the last time I saw such a huge mistake on the part of a team. Stanford and Orgeon was a great game but boh showed they still lack a solid defense.

Anyway...here are the results for this week...

Lardy 7 of 10 - 70%
Rick 8 of 10 - 80%
Vee 8 of 10 - 80%
Cobie - Missing In Action

And the overall standings are as follows:

Cobie - 8 of 10 = 80%
Rick - 15 of 20 = 75%
Vee - 15 of 20 = 75%
Lardy - 7 of 10 = 70%
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/03/10 06:12 PM
Here's the newest poll. Have to say I don't think it's right Ohio State who struggled against an unranked Illinois didn't drop. Oregon deserved to jump after beating highly ranked Stanford.

AP Top 25

* 1.Alabama (58)
* 2.Ohio St. (1)
* 3.Oregon
* 4.Boise St. (1)
* 5.TCU
* 6.Oklahoma
* 7.Nebraska
* 8.Auburn
* 9.Arizona
* 10.Utah
* 11.Arkansas
* 12.LSU
* 13.Miami (FL)
* 14.Florida
* 15.Iowa
* 16.Stanford
* 17.Michigan St.
* 18.Michigan
* 19.South Carolina
* 20.Wisconsin
* 21.Nevada
* 22.Oklahoma St.
* 23.Florida St.
* 24.Missouri
* 25.Air Force
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/03/10 06:50 PM
And here are the ten games to consider for this week. Please note that the UConn-Rutgers game is on Friday night with a 7:30 start. Please be sure to have your picks (at least for that one) posted by the start of the game.

UConn @ Rutgers - FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30 pm
#1 Alabama @ #19 South Carolina
Illinois @ Penn State
#12 LSU @ #14 Florida
UCLA @ Cal
#17 Michigan State @ #18 Michigan
Clemson @ North Carolina
Pitt @ Notre Dame
#23 Florida State @ #13 Miami
USC @ #16 Stanford
UConn @ Rutgers - FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30 pm Rutgers
#1 Alabama @ #19 South Carolina Oh man... Love SC, but its gonna be Alabama in a romp.
Illinois @ Penn State Penn State
#12 LSU @ #14 Florida LSU
UCLA @ Cal Cal
#17 Michigan State @ #18 Michigan Michigan
Clemson @ North Carolina Clemson
Pitt @ Notre Dame Pitt
#23 Florida State @ #13 Miami Miami
USC @ #16 Stanford stanford
I guess I'll try to get in on the fun. I hope there isn't an entry fee...

UConn @ Rutgers - FRIDAY NIGHT 7:30 pm - UConn
#1 Alabama @ #19 South Carolina - Alabama
Illinois @ Penn State - Penn St.
#12 LSU @ #14 Florida - Florida
UCLA @ Cal - Cal
#17 Michigan State @ #18 Michigan - Michigan (home field advantage might be enough)
Clemson @ North Carolina - North Carolina
Pitt @ Notre Dame - Notre Dame
#23 Florida State @ #13 Miami - Miami
USC @ #16 Stanford - Stanford
No fee, please do. The more the merrier.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/06/10 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard Lance! Glad to have you join in.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/06/10 09:13 PM
And here are my picks for this week...

UConn @ Rutgers Although U Conn has had a rough start, I do think they are among the best of the Big East. Vee's pick ~ UConn

#1 Alabama @ #19 South Carolina ~ Alabama has had impressive wins against Arkansas and Florida but Florida hasn't been a slouch this year either. With the game being in Columbia, I'm tempted to flag this as an upset special. Vee's pick BUT...I still think 'Bama pulls this one out for another great win.

Illinois @ Penn State ~ The Fighting Illini will surprise someone in the Big 10 this year but not this week. Vee's pick ~ Penn State

#12 LSU @ #14 Florida ~ Both teams have looked bad at times this year but Florida seems to have many more issues still remaining. Vee's pick ~ LSU

UCLA @ Cal ~ Cal is one of the better teams in the Pac 10 but UCLA has been quietly improving. Vee's pick ~ UCLA in an close win on the road.

#17 Michigan State @ #18 Michigan ~ Michigan continues to misfire under Rich Rodrique while Michigan State is firing on all cylinders. Vee's pick ~ revenge is sweet as the Spartans take down their intra state rivals.

Clemson @ North Carolina ~ Clemson could easily be undefeated based on their play so far this year. UNC has remained tough and played well through the player & agent scandal. Vee's pick ~ Clemson

Pitt @ Notre Dame ~ The Irish are finally starting to play like a Kelly coached team but lack defense. Trouble is, so does Pitt! Vee's pick ~ ND at home

#23 Florida State @ #13 Miami ~ Were it not for the annoying turnovers, Miami could be undefeated. The Seminole are not playing up to their potential but this game is always a wild one. Vee's pick ~ Miami

USC @ #16 Stanford ~ USC has lost its lustre though they are far from bad. Stanford however, is a very, very good team. Vee's pick ~ Stanford
UConn
Alabama
Penn State
Florida
UCLA
Michigan
Clemson
Notre Dame
Miami
Stanford
UConn
Alabama
Penn State
LSU
UCLA
Michigan State
Clemson
Notre Dame
Miami
Stanford

Sorry for missing last week fellas, was traveling in some strange land that was not the USA!
I happily and cheerfully state right here, right now that I was wrong and that South Carolina defeated the FORMER #1 Alabama Crimson Tide.

I'm so happy I could Plotz!
40% for me?! Yuk! Well, you know, the only reason I joined this game was to make the rest of you guys look good...
Didn't work! laugh

Crazy day! None of us did well!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/10/10 06:27 PM
No kidding! What a crazy day all around.

I'm very disappointed in my Canes. We played in a daze the entire game not like we were in the middle of our most heated rivalry. Very disturbing.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/10/10 06:28 PM
And I wish I had gone with my gut on the Alabama - South Carolina pick frown Would have looked a little bit better. Anyway, here are the results for this week...

Lardy 2 of 10 - 20%
Rick 4 of 10 - 40%
Vee 4 of 10 - 40%
Cobie 4 of 10 - 40%
Lance's realm 4 of 10 - 40%

Cobie - 12 of 20 = 60%
Rick - 19 of 30 = 63%
Vee - 19 of 30 = 63%
Lardy - 9 of 20 = 45%
Lance's realm - 4 of 10 = 40%
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/10/10 06:45 PM
And here are the new rankings...

AP Top 25

* 1.Ohio St. (34)
* 2.Oregon (15)
* 3.Boise St. (8)
* 4.TCU (1)
* 5.Nebraska
* 6.Oklahoma (2)
* 7.Auburn
* 8.Alabama
* 9.LSU
* 10.South Carolina
* 11.Utah
* 12.Arkansas
* 13.Michigan St.
* 14.Stanford
* 15.Iowa
* 16.Florida St.
* 17.Arizona
* 18.Wisconsin
* 19.Nevada
* 20.Oklahoma St.
* 21.Missouri
* 22.Florida
* 23.Air Force
* 24.Oregon St.
* 25.West Virginia

Most questionable rank is Alabama dropping in at #8 when South Carolina, who soundly defeated them, only rose to #10! How do you justify that? No question 'Bama is an excellent team but...these are the things that always make me shake my head in wonderment.

Michigan and Miami both fell out of the top 25 to #26 & 27 respectively.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/10/10 07:03 PM
And here are the ten games to consider this week. All of them are on Saturday so you have until 12 noon to post your selections. Hope we all have a better week with our picks smile

Maryland @ Clemson
# 21 Missouri @ Texas A&M
North Carolina State @ East Carolina
Illinois @ #13 Michigan State
Army @ Rutgers
Cal @ USC
Texas @ #5 Nebraska
#12 Arkansas @ #7 Auburn
#10 South Carolina @ Kentucky
#1 Ohio State @ #18 Wisconsin
Maryland @ Clemson .......Hmmmm. go with Clemson
# 21 Missouri @ Texas A&M .....Missouri
North Carolina State @ East Carolina .....NC State
Illinois @ #13 Michigan State .....Michigan
Army @ Rutgers .....Army
Cal @ USC .....Cal
Texas @ #5 Nebraska .....Neb
#12 Arkansas @ #7 Auburn .....Auburn. Exceptionally mobile QB
#10 South Carolina @ Kentucky .....Gamecocks
#1 Ohio State @ #18 Wisconsin .....O- Hi.
Here is a link to the rankings for this week, including the one for the AP that Vee posted above.

SC is looking good. Still a lot of season, but hopefully the win over Alabama will give them some confidence.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
Dag! I was 20% last week?!?! I think all last year my very worst week was 50%!!!

Funny thing is, I'm not even sure which two I got RIGHT as I spent the weekend visiting my mom and saw little-to-none of the football games! I know several I got wrong for sure, but right---? shrug

I think Notre Dame won. Who else? UCLA? UConn? confused
Maryland @ Clemson --------------------- Clemson
# 21 Missouri @ Texas A&M -------------- Missouri
North Carolina State @ East Carolina --- North Carolina State
Illinois @ #13 Michigan State ---------- Michigan State
Army @ Rutgers ------------------------- Rutgers

Cal @ USC ------------------------------ USC
Texas @ #5 Nebraska -------------------- Nebraska
#12 Arkansas @ #7 Auburn --------------- Auburn
#10 South Carolina @ Kentucky ---------- South Carolina
#1 Ohio State @ #18 Wisconsin ---------- Ohio State

The last one is a tough call, since the Bucks have had such a cakewalk schedule so far, and because the Badgers are awfully tough at home. Gonna be close I think.
*sigh* No matter how hard I try to get them to line up all nice and neat, it still comes off misaligned. Better luck next week...
I went back and added some period spacing to make mine a little easier to read.

Im worried about Ole' Kaintuck. SC might be coming off that big win and have a let down. Its happened plenty of times before.

Auburn...that QB is just too dang tough, he takes away that extra man on the defense because they can't rule him out, so it will be light zone coverage or man to man, which gives him plenty of wiggle room.

East Carolina... I hope they do good, they've come a long way, first with Skip Holtz doing a fantastic job, and their new coach has held up well all things considered. But I think NC state has them overmatched.

Army over Rutgers? Just cause. I think they have a little something and they really come in as my surprise upset pick.

Clemson, because Dabo better pull out a win or they are gonna dab him outta the program, real quick.

Cal over USC (The pretender USC that is) cause a) they're better than USC and b) I hope someone kicks a board up Kiffen's butt and runs him the hell out.
Clemson - home field and 'cuz they're Lardy's team

Mizzou

East Carolona - I'll bite: show me what you got fellas

Michigan State

Rutgers

USC - though like Rick, I loathe them

Nebraska - if I got any wrong I feel this is yet. The Cornhuskers are a better team but I know Texas has one big won in them this year still.

Auburn

South Carolina - damn those boys were impressive last week

Ohio State
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/15/10 04:22 PM
Maryland @ Clemson - Like rick, I think the Terps are a good team and could very well win this game but Clemson really, really, really needs this win. Vee's pick ~ Clemson

# 21 Missouri @ Texas A&M - Missouri is coming off an impressive win against Colorado and had a season opening win against Illinois as well. While I think the Aggies at A & M are a good team, they really haven't played this level of competition this year except for Arkansas which turned out to be a 17-24 loss. Vee's pick ~ Mizzou

North Carolina State @ East Carolina - Pirates are always good but the Wolfpack is rockin' and rollin' this year. Vee's pick ~ NC State

Illinois @ #13 Michigan State - Both teams were unheralded in Big 10 play until the Spartans' big win last week. Either team is capable to winning the game so it should be a tough, hard fought contest. Vee's pick ~ Michigan State

Army @ Rutgers - This one is a tough call. I would normally say home field will be the deciding factor in this type of game but Rutgers is only 2-2 at home while Army is 3-0 on the road. Vee's pick ~ Army

Cal @ USC - Cal is coming off a win against UCLA while USC is looking to recover from back to back losses to Stanford and Washington. As much as I would like to see it I don't think USC will have three loses in a row. Vee's pick ~ USC

Texas @ #5 Nebraska - While I do think Nebraska will lose at some point this year, I don't think Texas is ready to be the one to take them down in Lincoln. Taylor Martinez could get 250 yards rushing! Vee's pick ~ Nebraska

#12 Arkansas @ #7 Auburn - Cam is a good QB but so is Mallett and Auburn does not have an answer for David & Green. This could go either way. Vee's pick ~ I think Arkansas pulls this one out on the road.

#10 South Carolina @ Kentucky - I have to agree, Kentucky is feisty this year and could well surprise South Carolina if they are still celebrating their big win from last week. Vee's pick ~ South Carolina

#1 Ohio State @ #18 Wisconsin - I continue to believe that Ohio State is very over rated. The Badgers are at home and always enjoy ruining OSU dreams of a national Championship. Vee's pick ~ Wisconsin in the upset special of the week!
Vee, I completely agree about the Bucks being overrated. (Shh, quiet - my wife grew up in Columbus!) You might be right about the upset - I was just too chicken to go out on a limb to guess it!

I hope my percentage goes up this week. 40%? I guess it might actually be tough for it to drop!
Clemson (Pretty please, Dabo?)
Texas A&M
North Carolina State
Michigan State
Rutgers
USC
Nebraska
Arkansas (Seems like Auburn's playing nothing but big games at home. They've barely eked out victories there even so. I'm guessing the Razorbacks' high-octane offense will be too much for a defense that has looked pretty shitty at times. Question is...can Arkansas' D stop Auburn's QB?)
South Carolina (...for Rick's sanity! smile )
Wisconsin (Anyone got some Upset Sauce?)
Pretty gutsy picks, Lardy. You picked A&M, Arkansas, and Wisconsin? Can't wait to see how today turns out!
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
Pretty gutsy picks, Lardy. You picked A&M, Arkansas, and Wisconsin? Can't wait to see how today turns out!
Well, the A&M pick didn't pan out, so far. But you can see where going with the "safe" picks got me last week, eh? No guts = no glory!

(Hell, I'll be happy if I get better than 20% this week! nod )
Auburn v. Arkansas is *the* game this week!
Ha! I think you have already beat last week's score! For that matter, so has everyone else, I think. My wife is watching the Buckeyes now - I had to run out and get her some beer...and some valium...haha!

Cobie, I agree! There were other games on at the same time, but the Auburn/Arkansas game was a fine defensive struggle! (smell the sarcasm?) Lots of fun watching that one!

My dad is from Nebraska, so I am a little bummed about that one. How do you get to be a number 5 team when your receivers can't catch a football?
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Nebraska - if I got any wrong I feel this is yet. The Cornhuskers are a better team but I know Texas has one big won in them this year still.
Looks like I should have just gone with my gut!

I don't want to jinx the game but looks like those that picked Wisconsin were not only gutsy, they were on to something!
Wow, Rick, I am really sorry! I just had to come online and see in anyone picked Kentucky! (Yes, I actually live in Kentucky, but that doesn't make me a fan.)

The Ohio State/Wisconsin game was the one I thought most about. As it stands right now, I shoulda leaned the other way...

Oh, and I was just kidding earlier. I actually had to go out and get the beer for me. Happy now honey?
Well, if Wisconsin can hold on, I'll manage 50% this week. I think if Arkansas had gotten that one fumble overturned (as they should have, IMO), the outcome might have very well been different. I just don't see Auburn staying undefeated with that defense.

Rick....... shrug
Man, I was doing so good too this week. I wasn't even paying attention to the Gamecocks anymore and just realized they lost!
Yep, the Chicken Curse lives. shake
Damn! Florida's really laying an egg post-Tebow, huh?
Well, excrement onna stick. I had to listen to the game on radio since I was with the wife going to pick up the son from his grandparents. I don't know how it looked on tv, but it sounded like the usual "lets fall apart and panic" game in the second half. If all they have is Lattimore and without him they can't tie their shoes, they should fall out of the top 25, they don't deserve to be ranked.

I don't know how I did the rest of the way, but even Army let me down and they were looking real good when last I heard, then I saw the final.

Ah swear, one of these days as a diehard Carolina fan, I'm gonna learn. Aw hell, who'm I trying to kid. We got our championship in the real sport, Baseball, baby.

wink
Well, I did 60%, which makes me 50-50 overall. I guess that means I should just be drawing names out of a hat. Hmmm....maybe I'll try that next week...
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/18/10 01:13 AM
Well, I did 60%, which makes me 50-50 overall. I guess that means I should just be drawing names out of a hat. Hmmm....maybe I'll try that next week...
LOL, I sometimes think I would do better that way also! smile
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/18/10 01:19 AM
Week 7 turned out to be another week of awesome games, surprising upsets and turmoil in the polls! Here are our results....

Lardy 5 of 10 - 50%
Rick 4 of 10 - 40%
Vee 5 of 10 - 50%
Cobie 7 of 10 - 70%
Lance's realm 6 of 10 - 60%

Cobie - 17 of 30 = 57%
Rick - 23 of 40 = 58%
Vee - 24 of 40 = 60%
Lardy - 14 of 30 = 47%
Lance's realm - 10 of 20 = 50%
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/18/10 01:21 AM
And here is the latest AP Top 25 Poll (Week 8)

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (39)
* 2.Boise St. (15)
* 3.Oklahoma (3)
* 4.TCU (3)
* 5.Auburn
* 6.LSU
* 7.Alabama
* 8.Michigan St.
* 9.Utah
* 10.Wisconsin
* 11.Ohio St.
* 12.Stanford
* 13.Iowa
* 14.Nebraska
* 15.Arizona
* 16.Florida St.
* 17.Oklahoma St.
* 18.Missouri
* 19.South Carolina
* 20.West Virginia
* 21.Arkansas
* 22.Texas
* 23.Virginia Tech
* 24.Mississippi St.
* 25.Miami (FL)
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/18/10 01:37 AM
And finally, here are the ten games to consider this for this week. Some interesting match ups to be sure. Please make sure you post your picks before the start of the first game...12 noon on Saturday. Good luck!

Week 8
Syracuse @ #20 West Virginia
Rutgers @ Pitt
Ole Miss @ #21 Arkansas
#3 Oklahoma @ #18 Missouri
#6 LSU @ #5 Auburn
#10 Wisconsin @ #13 Iowa
Georgia Tech @ Clemson
North Carolina @ #25 Miami
Air Force @ #4 TCU
Kansas State @ Baylor
I do believe that's been my worst showing yet. Ah well, there's a reason I don't gamble with my money.
OK, here are my picks.

Syracuse @ #20 West Virginia ---------- West Virginia
Rutgers @ Pitt ------------------------ Pittsburgh
Ole Miss @ #21 Arkansas --------------- Arkansas
#3 Oklahoma @ #18 Missouri ------------ Oklahoma
#6 LSU @ #5 Auburn -------------------- Auburn

#10 Wisconsin @ #13 Iowa -------------- Wisconsin
Georgia Tech @ Clemson ---------------- Clemson
North Carolina @ #25 Miami ------------ Miami
Air Force @ #4 TCU -------------------- TCU
Kansas State @ Baylor ----------------- Baylor

I am really doubting if this week is going to raise my percentage.
Just for fun, here is another set of picks. These were calculated by a very scientific system developed by top minds at Bell Labs. In other words, I just flipped a coin. No need to tabulate these, Vee, I'm just curious to see how these turn out. Obviously, they should be close to 50%. Here we go...

West Virginia
Rutgers
Arkansas
Missouri
LSU
Iowa
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
TCU
Kansas State
Week 8
Syracuse @ #20 West Virginia ....WV S won
Rutgers @ Pitt....Pitt Pitt won
Ole Miss @ #21 Arkansas..... Arkansas Ark won
#3 Oklahoma @ #18 Missouri.....Oklahoma Miss won
#6 LSU @ #5 Auburn.... Auburn, Newton is good. LSU won
#10 Wisconsin @ #13 Iowa.....Iowa Wis won
Georgia Tech @ Clemson.....Clemson Clemson won
North Carolina @ #25 Miami..... North Carolina Miami won
Air Force @ #4 TCU.....TCU TCU won
Kansas State @ Baylor... go with Baylor Baylor won.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/22/10 11:36 PM
Been too busy to do anything but post my picks without commentary & observations but here they are...

Week 8
Syracuse @ #20 West Virginia ~ West Virginia
Rutgers @ Pitt ~ Pitt
Ole Miss @ #21 Arkansas ~ Arkansas
#3 Oklahoma @ #18 Missouri ~ Oklahoma
#6 LSU @ #5 Auburn ~ LSU
#10 Wisconsin @ #13 Iowa ~ Iowa
Georgia Tech @ Clemson ~ Clemson
North Carolina @ #25 Miami ~ Miami (fingers crossed)
Air Force @ #4 TCU ~ TCU
Kansas State @ Baylor ~ K State
West Virginia
Pitt
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Auburn
Iowa
Clemson
North Carolina
TCU
Baylor
West Virginia
Pitt
Arkansas
Oklahoma
Auburn
Iowa
Clemson
Miami
TCU
Kansas State
Well, I think I did 70%..so..better. My coin toss only did 40%, so I guess I won't use that method.
Posted By: Jerry Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 05:27 AM
It looks like the coin is only one to get the Missouri - Oklahoma game right. Go Tigers !!!
Dang gum. I only did fifty percent last week.

That doth sucketh mightly.
You did better than you thought, Rick - Auburn actually beat LSU.
I miscounted earlier - the coin toss only did 30%. Still not gonna use that method!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 02:05 PM
I should have listened to my gut instead of my head on Mizzou but I just couldn't believe that #1 would fall three weeks in a row. After all, those who know me (yes, I'm looking at you Cobie!) KNOW that my gut is much more impressive than my head! laugh
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 02:18 PM
Week 8 continued the recent trend of upsets and very close games. Here are our results....

Lardy 7 of 10 - 70%
Rick 7 of 10 - 70%
Vee 5 of 10 - 50%
Cobie 6 of 10 - 60%
Lance's realm 8 of 10 - 80%

Cobie - 23 of 40 = 58%
Rick - 30 of 50 = 60%
Vee - 29 of 50 = 58%
Lardy - 21 of 40 = 53%
Lance's realm - 18 of 30 = 60%

Congrats to Lance's reaalm on a great week!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 02:42 PM
Not that it means anything but this is how I would rank the top 25 if it were up to me after yesterday's games. We'll see how close I get to the AP poll when it comes out at noon & the BCS tonight shrug

Vee's Top 25 Poll - Week 9
* 1.Oregon
* 2.Boise St.
* 3.Auburn
* 4.Michigan St.
* 5.TCU
* 6.Alabama
* 7.Wisconsin
* 8.Utah
* 9.Missouri
* 10.Stanford
* 11.Ohio St.
* 12.Arizona
* 13.Nebraska
* 14.Oklahoma
* 15.Arkansas
* 16.Virginia Tech
* 17.Florida St.
* 18.South Carolina
* 19.Miami (FL)
* 20.Iowa
* 21.LSU
* 22.Mississippi St.
* 23.Oklahoma St.
* 24.East Carolina
* 25.Baylor
80%! I had forgotten I had picked Wisconsin! Well, um, yay for me! I did better than I thought!

I am really glad you check these Vee!

(My coin still stunk it up - I am getting a different coin!)
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 04:59 PM
Here's the new AP poll....

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (44)
* 2.Boise St. (11)
* 3.Auburn (3)
* 4.TCU (2)
* 5.Michigan St.
* 6.Alabama
* 7.Missouri
* 8.Utah
* 9.Wisconsin
* 10.Ohio St.
* 11.Oklahoma
* 12.LSU
* 13.Stanford
* 14.Nebraska
* 15.Arizona
* 16.Florida St.
* 17.South Carolina
* 18.Iowa
* 19.Arkansas
* 20.Oklahoma St.
* 21.Virginia Tech
* 22.Miami (FL)
* 23.Mississippi St.
* 24.USC
* 25.Baylor
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 05:01 PM
Oops! I forgot the Ap will rank USC even though they aren't eligible for bowls.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/24/10 05:05 PM
And here are the ten games to consider nfor next week. PLease note that there is a Thursday night game so make sure to get your picks in before it starts!

Florida State @ NC State - THURSDAY
Syracuse @ Cincinnati
Missouri @ Nebraska
Michigan State @ Iowa
Georgia @ Florida
Arizona @ UCLA
Kentucky @ Mississippi State
Baylor @ Texas
Utah @ Air Force
Oregon @ USC
By the way, Vee, feel free to call me Lance. Or possibly, the King of Football Prognosticators. Well, OK, Lance will do. (I'll likely lose the other title shortly.)
Vee, you were pretty close on the SC ranking. You had them at 18, they made 17.
Fun Fact for last weeks games: Home teams were 8-2!
*Right to shift before gametime reserved. Several teams I picked I can swing to either side due to injuries, etc...

Florida State (16) @ NC State - THURSDAY ... Upset, NC State
Syracuse @ Cincinnati ... Cincinnati
Missouri @ Nebraska ...Nebraska
Michigan State @ Iowa...MS
Georgia @ Florida... Florida
Arizona @ UCLA ...UCLA
Kentucky @ Mississippi State... MState
Baylor @ Texas ... Texas
Utah @ Air Force... Utah
Oregon @ USC... Oregon
You did better than you thought, Rick - Auburn actually beat LSU.
Hunh. I must've gotten my wires crossed. Don't know why I said LSU won.

Folks, unless something happens...Auburn is gonna be this years champ. I've seen Newton twice now and no one has a real idea on how to shut him down long term. Well, other than the Kerrigan Solution, lol.
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Folks, unless something happens...Auburn is gonna be this years champ. I've seen Newton twice now and no one has a real idea on how to shut him down long term. Well, other than the Kerrigan Solution, lol.
I dunno...I've been a doubter of Auburn all year, and yet they just keep winning! Thing is, I can't remember the last time a college football team depended so much on just one dude. Even Reggie Bush, Tim Tebow and Vince Young had solid teams around them, but Auburn has a pretty terrible defense and an offense that wouldn't score 10 points without Newton under center. It just seems like someone will be able to exploit that fundamental weakness at some point. Plus, if Newton takes a particularly bad hit, they can kiss it goodbye, for sure.

In any case they still have Alabama looming on their schedule. I'd have trouble picking against Nick Saben and the Tide in that game, which by the way, is at Alabama. They've had all of their toughest opponents at home so far this season and have only eked out 3 point victories at Kentucky and Mississippi State. If they can run the table thru 'Bama and the SEC Championship game, they'll definitely be in, but I'm skeptical.

Then again, they've done nothing but prove me wrong so far...
Yup. Sometimes, fate turns on a dime. Sometimes, she just blasts on through.
OK, let's see if I can match last week's percentage. Or - dare I say it? - even do better? Nahhh....

Florida State @ NC State --------- Florida State
Syracuse @ Cincinnati ------------ Cincinnati
Missouri @ Nebraska -------------- Nebraska
Michigan State @ Iowa ------------ Michigan State
Georgia @ Florida ---------------- Florida
Arizona @ UCLA ------------------- Arizona
Kentucky @ Mississippi State ----- Mississippi State
Baylor @ Texas ------------------- Texas
Utah @ Air Force ----------------- Utah
Oregon @ USC --------------------- Oregon
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/28/10 12:05 PM
Aside from beng busy still, I've been putting off determining my picks because I'm having a hard time with a couple of the match ups. One of those is the very first one. But here goes...

Florida State @ NC State ~ FSU has really been playing well the past few weeks after a very slow start and many people think they may be back to the former selves. I suspect that the Seminole players have heard all that hype and are starting to believe it. The Wolfpack is a solid team that has handled a number of good teams this year and this is at home for them. I think this is one of the upsets of the week. Vee's pick ~ NC State

Syracuse @ Cincinnati ~ It seems like no one in the Big East really wants to assert themselves. Cincy was one of the top teams in the conference last year but have really been struggling with the new coach and system. Syracuse has been at the bottom of the Big East for years but has had a few surprising wins this year. Vee's pick ~ Cincy finally gets their act together

Missouri @ Nebraska ~ Logic says that a resurgent Cornhuskers team at home won't be beaten by Mizzou, especially with a freshman phenom QB named Taylor Martinez under center. If the Tigers were to beat Nebraska it would be the first time since the Great Flood that they would have beaten Nebraska AND Oklahoma AND Texas in the same year. As good as Mizzou is, I think this is asking too much of them and yet my gut tells me they can pull off the upset. Vee's pick ~ Mizzou

Michigan State @ Iowa ~ God lord! Another quandary. The Spartans remain undefeated and have a legitimate shot at the national championship game if the can win out. Iowa really is the ony tough game left on their schedule. The Hawkeyes lost to Wisconsin in a heart breaker last week and can't afford another lose if they have any hopes of a championship. I've been on the Spartan bandwagon from the start but the game is in Iowa. Vee's pick ~ Michigan State

Georgia @ Florida ~ How they mighty have fallen. I speak not only of the Gators but the Dawgs as well. This game usually has tremendous implications not only for the SEC but the National Championship as well. But not this year. The real question is which team has fallen the farthest. Vee's pick ~ It galls me to make this pick but I think Florida pulls out the win.

Arizona @ UCLA ~ I'm still on the Arizona bandwagon as well. What scares me here is that UCLA has made a habit of ruining title runs like this one and this game is in LA. Vee's pick ~ Arizona

Kentucky @ Mississippi State ~ Mississippi still has three big games left on their schedule and may be looking past this one. Vee's pick ~ Mississippi State in a nail biter

Baylor @ Texas ~ Any other year and this would be a Texas slam dunk. Vee's pick ~ Baylor

Utah @ Air Force ~ Air Force has proven itself capable of playing with anyone but Utah needs to win out in order to have any shot at a BCS bowl. Vee's pick ~ Utah

Oregon @ USC ~ Can the Ducks go to LA and beat USC on their own turf? USC has nothing to play for other than spoiler this year. Vee's pick ~ Oregon.
I'm not kidding you--for some reason, this was in my dream last night and I got 1 out of 10 or something. LOL! What the hell! I got to work today thinking I had to get these picks in right away!

Florida State

Syracuse

Nebraska

Michigan State - looks like the best game of the week.

Florida

UCLA

Miss State

Texas

Utah

Oregon
Ha! I don't dream it, Cobie, I consciously wonder if I will do better than 30% each week! Still, there are several games in this set that are gonna be really close, so I certainly understand your dream. Should be a good football weekend.
Ulp! I forgot this weeks picks involved the Thursday night game! Con su permiso, Vee, I'll pick the remaining nine. (I woulda lost tonight's game, btw)

Cincinnati
Nebraska
Iowa
Florida
Arizona
Mississippi State
Texas
Air Force
Oregon

Hm. I think I picked all home teams except for Zona. (FSU woulda made two!) We'll see how it works out....
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/29/10 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
Ulp! I forgot this weeks picks involved the Thursday night game! Con su permiso, Vee, I'll pick the remaining nine. (I woulda lost tonight's game, btw)

Cincinnati
Nebraska
Iowa
Florida
Arizona
Mississippi State
Texas
Air Force
Oregon

Hm. I think I picked all home teams except for Zona. (FSU woulda made two!) We'll see how it works out....
Your excused this time but next time... hammer

laugh
Without looking it up, I think Iowa might have covered the spread. Amazing! This was a game I expected to be down to the wire, and...BLOWOUT! (Which, amazingly, is an understatement.)
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/31/10 10:30 PM
Week 9 continued had even more upsets and very close games. At leaast the number 1 team didn't lose for a change! Here are our results....

Lardy 6 of 9 - 67%
Rick 6 of 10 - 60%
Vee 7 of 10 - 70%
Cobie 6 of 10 - 60%
Lance 6 of 10 - 60%

Cobie - 29 of 50 = 58%
Rick - 36 of 60 = 60%
Vee - 36 of 60 = 60%
Lardy - 27 of 49 = 55%
Lance - 24 of 40 = 60%

Results really remained tightened up.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/31/10 10:31 PM
Here's the poll results for Week 9

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (49)
* 2.Boise St. (7)
* 3.Auburn (2)
* 4.TCU (2)
* 5.Alabama
* 6.Utah
* 7.Wisconsin
* 8.Ohio St.
* 9.Nebraska
* 10.Stanford
* 11.Oklahoma
* 12.LSU
* 13.Arizona
* 14.Missouri
* 15.Iowa
* 16.Michigan St.
* 17.Arkansas
* 18.South Carolina
* 19.Oklahoma St.
* 20.Virginia Tech
* 21.Mississippi St.
* 22.Baylor
* 23.N.C. State
* 24.Florida St.
* 25.Nevada
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/31/10 10:33 PM
And the BCS Rankings for this week...

Bowl Champ. Series

* Oregon
* Auburn
* TCU
* Boise St.
* Utah
* Alabama
* Nebraska
* Oklahoma
* Wisconsin
* LSU
* Ohio St.
* Missouri
* Stanford
* Michigan St.
* Arizona
* Iowa
* Oklahoma St.
* Arkansas
* South Carolina
* Mississippi St.
* Baylor
* Virginia Tech
* Nevada
* Florida St.
* N.C. State

Boise still gets no respect from the computers shake
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 10/31/10 10:40 PM
And here are the 10 games to consider. All of them are on Saturday so please be sure to post your picks before 12 noon...

Week 10
NC State @ Clemson
North Carolina @ Florida State
Illinois @ Michigan
Louisville @ Syracuse
Baylor @ Oklahoma State
Arizona @ Stanford
TCU @ Utah
Alabama @ LSU
Oklahoma @ Texas A&M
Arkansas @ South Carolina
Boise doesn't get any respect due to toughness of schedule. Let them try having an SEC schedule. They win that out, then they can claim to be the elite.
NC State @ Clemson ..... NC State
North Carolina @ Florida State .... Florida
Illinois @ Michigan.... Michigan
Louisville @ Syracuse..... Syracuse
Baylor @ Oklahoma State....Baylor
Arizona @ Stanford..... Stanford
TCU @ Utah... Tcu
Alabama @ LSU.... Alabama
Oklahoma @ Texas A&M..... Okla
Arkansas @ South Carolina.... Tough call,gimmie SC cause I'm a fan. Ark is tough though.
Am I the only one playing this week?
Yes, Rick, none of the rest of us like you.
OK, fine, just because I don't want Rick to have to fly solo...

NC State @ Clemson --------------- Clemson
North Carolina @ Florida State --- Florida State
Illinois @ Michigan -------------- Illinois
Louisville @ Syracuse ------------ Syracuse
Baylor @ Oklahoma State ---------- Oklahoma State
Arizona @ Stanford --------------- Stanford
TCU @ Utah ----------------------- TCU
Alabama @ LSU -------------------- Alabama
Oklahoma @ Texas A&M ------------- Oklahoma (pretty iffy about this one)
Arkansas @ South Carolina -------- South Carolina (really waffling here too!)
I reserve the right to make lame excuses about my wrong picks after-the-fact. (I really wish I could just make my picks on Sunday!)

Actually, it's looking to be a good Saturday for football. Several of the games should be quite close. Of course, I thought the same thing about the Michigan State/Iowa game too...
Hey, if berating works...

wink
Am I the only one playing this week?
I'll GET to it! Okay?!?! mad

tongue
Ha! It's ok Chief, there's no Thursday game this week; you've still got time!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/05/10 09:01 PM
NC State @ Clemson ~ The Wolfpack is for real...Vee's pick - NC State

North Carolina @ Florida State ~ Ugh! This pains me so...Vee's pick - Florida State

Illinois @ Michigan ~ Michigan just can't seem to get their act together this year. I suspect Rodrique has just a few games left. Vee's pick - Illinois

Louisville @ Syracuse ~ Tough call. I would normally say this is a no brainer because Syracuse has been a bottom dweller in the Big East but Vee's pick - Syracuse

Baylor @ Oklahoma State ~ This should actually be a fun game to watch and could go either way. I would normally pick the home team in these types of games but something about this Baylor team appeals to me. Vee's pick - Baylor

Arizona @ Stanford ~ A battle of QBs! Should be a high scoring game. Vee's pick - Arizona

TCU @ Utah ~ The Non-AQ Bowl smile Both of these teams deserve their rankings and are powerhouses. Unfortunately, whichever one loses this game will miss out on a top tier bowl game. Vee's Pick - Utah (at home)

Alabama @ LSU ~ Playing in Baton Rouge used to strike fear in peoples hearts. Not so much anymore. Vee's pick - Alabama

Oklahoma @ Texas A&M ~ Texas A & M is much improved this year but I don't think they have what it takes to pull this one out. Vee's pick - Oklahoma

Arkansas @ South Carolina ~ What to do, what to do? My mind tells me Arkansas should win, my gut says the Gamecocks are on a roll this year. Could easily go either way. Vee's pick - South Carolina
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/05/10 09:03 PM
[b]Am I the only one playing this week?
I'll GET to it! Okay?!?! mad

tongue [/b]
You'd better, or... hammer

wink
Pssst...I was just pulling your leg earlier Rick...you did know that, didn't you?
Pssst...I was just pulling your leg earlier Rick...you did know that, didn't you?
but...but...now I have all this pent up rage and aggression....

wink
LOL...it's ok, Cobie ahould be along shortly and you can take it out on him.
Clemson (we need this, so let's hope)
Florida State
Michigan
Syracuse
Oklahoma State
Stanford
TCU
Alabama
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Clemson
Florida State
Michigan
Syracuse
Oklahoma State
Arizona
TCU
Alabama
Oklahoma
South Carolina

Cutting it a lil close this week... shake
seven 10 tonight, baby. Cocks face pigs. Damn, both make good eatin's. Fried chicken and pork rinds, little bacon on the side with a nice chicken bog... damn, now I'm hungry.
I'm trying to stick to my diet, Rick. Well, crap, who brought the barbeque sauce?

(What is a chicken bog?)
Take rice, chicken, sausage, seasonings, throw it in a big pot (about a five gallon pot), boil for about two hours, serve about ten to fifteen people, or five hungry rednecks.

(boil the chicken for about two hours, doesn't take that long for the rice. If you want the full recipe, just ask, my wife makes a great one. She said to think Redneck Paella.)
Sounds good...I"m on my way...

I am only 3 for 7 so far today...yuk.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/07/10 04:07 AM
Did I win ANY games this week? Without double-checking, I think I went 0-10! Sheesh! frown
I did 40% this week, I think....

Might have to try the coin method again...
Well, I just checked - Vee, you missed every game. I guess I'll stop complaining about my 40% now...
So, when does South Carolina play arkansas? It must not have been played yet, I know it was supposed to be last night, but I think it was the Sumter Gamecocks that actually played Arkansas, not the ones in columbia. What a rotten stinking lousy performance.

Spurrier has done the one thing that no coach should ever do, even if its true, he's made the offense and everyone else in the nation believe that without one player, Lattimore, the gamecocks are a one note team.

Oh well, next week maybe the entire team will show up.
I did 40% this week, I think....

Hey, I had the best percentage this week, and it was only 50%! This was obviously one of the toughest weeks this year so far to pick. So I feel good about the 50% and those of you at 40 % should feel good as well.

Vee? shake Now THAT's a tough week. frown
Did anybody else catch the Illinois/Michigan game? Now that was quite a ball game! Neither teams' defense showed up and it went 3 overtimes!

Also, I think the Illini cheerleaders might be the prettiest ones I have seen this year!

Oh, and congrats on having the best record this week Chief!

(Should we take up a collection and buy Vee a condolence card? That could be me next week...)
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/07/10 08:04 PM
[b]I did 40% this week, I think....

Hey, I had the best percentage this week, and it was only 50%! This was obviously one of the toughest weeks this year so far to pick. So I feel good about the 50% and those of you at 40 % should feel good as well.

Vee? shake Now THAT's a tough week. frown [/b]
LOL! I don't think I could have done that on purpose! Maybe it means I can get 100% next week...nah, probably not. shrug
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/07/10 08:23 PM
Week 10 proved to be my most embarrassing slate of picks ever! And proved to be a tough week for everyone across the board. But there were some fun games to watch, even if i can't pick a winner laugh At least I know I can't do any worse than this. Here are our results....

Lardy 5 of 10 - 50%
Rick 4 of 10 - 40%
Vee 0 of 10 - 00%
Cobie 4 of 10 - 40%
Lance 4 of 10 - 40%

Cobie - 33 of 60 = 55%
Rick - 40 of 70 = 57%
Vee - 36 of 70 = 51%
Lardy - 32 of 59 = 54%
Lance - 28 of 50 = 56%

Congrats to Lardy for going 5/10!

Some interesting facts: None of us picked Arkansas to beat South Carolina, or North Carolina to beat Florida State, nor Louisville to beat Syracuse. And no one picked LSU to knock off 'Bama! And everyone but me picked TCU over Utah.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/07/10 08:25 PM
And here's the AP Poll for this week...

* 1.Oregon (49)
* 2.Auburn (2)
* 3.TCU (2)
* 4.Boise St. (7)
* 5.LSU
* 6.Wisconsin
* 7.Stanford
* 8.Ohio St.
* 9.Nebraska
* 10.Michigan St.
* 11.Alabama
* 12.Oklahoma St.
* 13.Iowa
* 14.Arkansas
* 15.Utah
* 16.Virginia Tech
* 17.Mississippi St.
* 18.Arizona
* 19.Oklahoma
* 20.Missouri
* 21.Nevada
* 22.South Carolina
* 23.Texas A&M
* 24.Florida
* 25.UCF
Assuming each team has a 50% chance of winning, there is a roughly .1% (one-tenth of one percent) chance of correctly guessing every outcome correctly...or every game wrong.

Vee, I am not sure if your ability to overcome those odds means you should go buy a lottery ticket, or avoid them like the plague.
cant believe SC is still in the top twenty five. I damn sure wouldn't rank them there. Nobody showed up to play and it was dang obvious.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/08/10 03:13 AM
These are the latest BCS rankings...

* Oregon
* Auburn
* TCU
* Boise St.
* LSU
* Stanford
* Wisconsin
* Nebraska
* Ohio St.
* Oklahoma St.
* Michigan St.
* Alabama
* Iowa
* Utah
* Arkansas
* Oklahoma
* Missouri
* Arizona
* Mississippi St.
* Virginia Tech
* Nevada
* Florida
* South Carolina
* Kansas St.
* Texas A&M
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/08/10 03:17 AM
And here are the ten games we'll need to consider for this week. All of them are Saturday games so please be sure to get your choices posted before 12 noon on Saturday...

Week 11
South Florida @ Louisville
Kansas State @ #20 Missouri
#15 Utah @ Notre Dame
#16 Virginia Tech @ North Carolina
Penn State @ #8 Ohio State
Texas A&M @ Baylor
#22 South Carolina @ #24 Florida
#17 Mississippi State @ #11 Alabama
USC @ #18 Arizona
Clemson @ Florida State
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/08/10 03:18 AM
Assuming each team has a 50% chance of winning, there is a roughly .1% (one-tenth of one percent) chance of correctly guessing every outcome correctly...or every game wrong.

Vee, I am not sure if your ability to overcome those odds means you should go buy a lottery ticket, or avoid them like the plague.
Don't think I'll take a chance on the lottery or at tempting fate, just in case! wink
Monkey's paw. Win the lottery, lose your family home, or be involved in a 24 car collision on the interstate.

Still, if Karma is to be believed, everything should balance out, so next week you'll not only get every pick right, but win a lollipop as well, lol.
Week 11
South Florida @ Louisville ...Lou
Kansas State @ #20 Missouri...Missu
#15 Utah @ Notre Dame.....Utes
#16 Virginia Tech @ North Carolina.....NC
Penn State @ #8 Ohio State..... Ohio
#22 South Carolina @ #24 Florida.....Flo
#17 Mississippi State @ #11 Alabama.....Miss Sippy
USC @ #18 Arizona.....Ari
Clemson @ Florida State ..... FS. Sorry Clem, but I just don't think you have it.
Rick, are you aware you only did 9 picks? You forgot the Texas A&M @ Baylor game.
Dammit! My touch pad on my laptop is so sensitive, every time I go to do this, I wind up cuttin stuff or moving stuff and I have no idea how I did it.

Gimme Texas A/M.
South Florida @ Louisville ------------ Louisville
Kansas State @ #20 Missouri ----------- Missouri
#15 Utah @ Notre Dame ----------------- Utah
#16 Virginia Tech @ North Carolina ---- Virginia Tech
Penn State @ #8 Ohio State ------------ Ohio State
Texas A&M @ Baylor -------------------- Texas A&M
#22 South Carolina @ #24 Florida ------ Florida
#17 Mississippi State @ #11 Alabama --- Alabama
USC @ #18 Arizona --------------------- Arizona
Clemson @ Florida State --------------- Florida State
Hopefully I can do better than 40% this week. It would probably help, Vee, if you would include games like LSU/La Monroe. (haha)

It's really hard to pick some of these...my gut says Clemson, but I still think Fl State will win. The SC/Florida game depends which South Carolina team shows up. Lots of waffling on many of these picks, but we'll see.
Guess it's just you and me, Rick. Anybody else playing this week?
*ahem* Lance! wink

Pretty damn sure Vee and Cobie will get their picks in in time as well--just you wait. nod

Louisville
Missouri
Utah
Virginia Tech
Ohio State
Baylor
Florida
Alabama
Arizona
Clemson
I hate FSU with a passion. I consider them Clemson's foremost Rival in the ACC. I love to see them beaten, especially when it's a whuppin' administered by the Tigers. Loved how UNC broke their widdle hearts last week! laugh I hope Dabo gets Clemson up for this one.

I'm not confident at all that Clemson will win, given their mixed play this year in general and their road performance in particular. But I'll NEVER pick against the Tigers in this particular match-up! I MAY consider picking against them on occasion (like MAYBE against SC in a couple weeks), but not against the hated Seminoles! lol
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/13/10 03:07 AM
Well, since I can't possibly do any worse than I did last week, I'm just picking the teams I would like to see win this week. We'll see how that goes...

South Florida @ Louisville ~ Vee's pick - South Florida

Kansas State @ #20 Missouri ~ Vee's pick - Missouri

#15 Utah @ Notre Dame ~ Vee's pick - Utah

#16 Virginia Tech @ North Carolina ~ Vee's pick - North Carolina

Penn State @ #8 Ohio State ~ Vee's pick - Ohio State

Texas A&M @ Baylor ~ Vee's pick - Baylor

#22 South Carolina @ #24 Florida ~ Vee's pick - South Carolina

#17 Mississippi State @ #11 Alabama ~ Alabama

USC @ #18 Arizona ~ Vee's pick - Arizona

Clemson @ Florida State ~ Vee's pick - Clemson
Originally posted by Chief Tay-LASH:
*ahem* Lance! wink

Pretty damn sure Vee and Cobie will get their picks in in time as well--just you wait. nod

Ah, I knew you guys would get your picks in. Everybody wants to try to improve their record from last week. Should be some good games, though, although it will be hard to top the Illinois/Michigan slugfest.
Louisville

Missouri

ND - am I just picking ND because their my team and I don't pick against them? Yup. But maybe they can pull off an upset.

Virginia Tech

Ohio State - really would like to see Penn State pull this off but I'm not sure they could do it.

Baylor

Florida - I predict all wins for the Gators here on out this season.

Alabama

Arizona

Clemson
Well, well, well. Nicely done ND. And the only one I heard pick them was Lee Corso and me!

Utah, TCU, Boise State? Oooooooooooover-raaaaaaaated! laugh
South Carolina stomped the Gators. I am so happy to be wrong I could pee myself. SEC East Champs, baby. And its fitting that the two best running backs in the SEC, Cam Newton and Marcus Lattimore, will face each other in the title game in Atlanta. Clemson, you weren't playing Carolina, so I was hoping you would pull it out even though I didn't think you would. This ain't gloating...sorry I was right. You guys lead a good long while.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/14/10 07:28 PM
Well, I did much better this week than last but I could only get better after all! This was another tough week with lots of games that came down to the wire and others that didn't really go as predicted. Here are this weeks results...

Lardy 4 of 10 - 40%
Rick 4 of 10 - 40%
Vee 5 of 10 - 50%
Cobie 5 of 10 - 50%
Lance 6 of 10 - 60%

Cobie - 38 of 70 = 54%
Rick - 44 of 80 = 55%
Vee - 41 of 80 = 51%
Lardy - 36 of 69 = 52%
Lance - 34 of 60 = 57%

Congrats to lance for picking 6 out of 10 correct, the best result this week.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/14/10 07:29 PM
And here is the Ap Poll for this week...

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (38)
* 2.Auburn (12)
* 3.Boise St. (9)
* 4.TCU (1)
* 5.LSU
* 6.Wisconsin
* 7.Stanford
* 8.Ohio St.
* 9.Nebraska
* 10.Alabama
* 11.Michigan St.
* 12.Oklahoma St.
* 13.Arkansas
* 14.Virginia Tech
* 15.Missouri
* 16.Oklahoma
* 17.South Carolina
* 18.Texas A&M
* 19.Nevada
* 20.USC
* 21.Iowa
* 22.Mississippi St.
* 23.Arizona
* 24.Miami (FL)
* 25.Utah
Congrats to Cobie for being the only person here to pick Notre Dame over Utah! I really didn't think Notre Dame had it in them, but then, predicting football games is like trying to predict the bounce of a football - it goes kinda funny sometimes.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/15/10 02:00 AM
Here are the games to consider for next weekend. All games are on Saturday so please have your picks posted before the start of the first game at noon...

Week 12
NC State @ North Carolina
#6 Wisconsin @ Michigan
#14 Virginia Tech @ #24 Miami
#7 Stanford @ California
#8 Ohio State @ #21 Iowa
U Conn @ Syracuse
#13 Arkansas @ #22 Mississippi State
Army @ Notre Dame
Florida State @ Maryland
#9 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M
Guess I should actually look some of these teams up before picking them, lol.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/15/10 03:49 AM
And here are the BCS rankings for this week

Bowl Champ. Series

* Oregon
* Auburn
* TCU
* Boise St.
* LSU
* Stanford
* Wisconsin
* Nebraska
* Ohio St.
* Oklahoma St.
* Alabama
* Michigan St.
* Arkansas
* Oklahoma
* Missouri
* Virginia Tech
* South Carolina
* Nevada
* Texas A&M
* Iowa
* Mississippi St.
* Arizona
* Utah
* Miami (FL)
* Florida St.
NC State @ North Carolina ----------------- NC State
#6 Wisconsin @ Michigan ------------------- Wisconsin
#14 Virginia Tech @ #24 Miami ------------- Virginia Tech
#7 Stanford @ California ------------------ Stanford
#8 Ohio State @ #21 Iowa ------------------ Ohio State
U Conn @ Syracuse ------------------------- Syracuse
#13 Arkansas @ #22 Mississippi State ------ Arkansas
Army @ Notre Dame ------------------------- Notre Dame
Florida State @ Maryland ------------------ Florida State
#9 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M --------------- Nebraska

I have a feeling this is going to be another tough week! I don't feel terribly confident about several (maybe all?) of my picks!
Week 12
NC State @ North Carolina....State
#6 Wisconsin @ Michigan.....Wisconsin
#14 Virginia Tech @ #24 Miami.....Miami
#7 Stanford @ California.....Stanford
#8 Ohio State @ #21 Iowa.....Ohi
U Conn @ Syracuse.....Syracuse
#13 Arkansas @ #22 Mississippi State.....Arkansas
Army @ Notre Dame.....Army
Florida State @ Maryland.....woof, both kinda dogs... FS
#9 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M....Texas
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/18/10 05:50 PM
NC State @ North Carolina – Big time cross state (almost cross town actually) rivalry between two teams that have performed beyond expectations this year. The Tar Heels and Wolfpack are evenly matched but NC State has had Butch Davis’ number for the past few years and I think they will again this year. Vee’s pick ~ NC State

#6 Wisconsin @ Michigan – Don’t expect a repeat of last week’s 2000+ point game by Wisconsin against Michigan. After all Michigan is a much better team than Indiana (isn’t everyone? wink ) That doesn’t mean that Wisconsin will struggle or lose however. I think this should be a decent game for three quarters before the badgers pull away in the fourth quarter. Vee’s Pick ~ Wisconsin

#14 Virginia Tech @ #24 Miami – Lordy, lordy! Why in the world did I choose this game as one of the ten for this week? My heart says Miami, my head says VaTech. My hope is that the Hokies will go into the game knowing that they can make it to the ACC championship game by beating Virginia next week whether or not they beat Miami on Saturday. On the other hand, it’s a must win game for the Canes to keep hope of a Championship game slot alive. Vee’s pick ~ Go Canes! It’s all about the U. Miami

#7 Stanford @ California – Stanford has too much at stake as does Andrew Luck and his Heisman hopes for them to allow the Bears to beat them even though the game is at Cal. Vee’s pick ~ Stanford

#8 Ohio State @ #21 Iowa - This might be one of the toughest picks of the week. For all its success, Ohio State has been erratic on the road and is lucky to still be in contention for the Big Ten title. Iowa is tough as nails and has been unlucky in their two losses. Since this is a home game for Iowa, I think Ohio State comes up just a bit short in a squeaker that really could go either way. Vee’s pick~ Iowa

U Conn @ Syracuse – This is also a tough pick. Syracuse is 0-2 at home in conference play but undefeated on the road in the Big East. Both teams have had flashes of brilliance this year but have played inconsistent ball throughout the season. It comes down to the fact that I don’t think the ‘Cuse will lose all three games at home particularly since UConnhas been terrible on the road. Vee’s pick ~ Syracuse

#13 Arkansas @ #22 Mississippi State – This may be a closer game then many think. The Razorbacks are an excellent team and Ryan Mallett is as good as ‘Bama’s McElroy. Mississippi State suffered a tough loss last week to Alabama and this makes for a difficult back to back. Vee’s pick ~ Arkansas

Army @ Notre Dame – Sorry Cobie but I’m still not on the Irish bandwagon even after their destruction of Utah last week. Army is very much like the Navy team that demolished the Irish earlier this season and I think the Black Knights’ triple option will give ND fits. Vee’s pick ~ Army

Florida State @ Maryland – I’ve been extolling the virtues of Maryland all year, deservedly so IMHO. They have improved tremendously over the past few years. However, Florida State’s speed is likely to be too much for them. Vee’s pick ~ Florida State

#9 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M – On a normal weekend I would never pick Nebraska to lose at home. However, Huskers QB Taylor Martinez is still hobbled by a bad ankle and will not be 100%. If he were, this would be a no brainer. A & M has the speed and talent to handle the rest of the Nebraska team if Martinez is not a factor. Vee’s pick ~ Texas A & M
North Carolina
Wisconsin
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Iowa
U Conn
Arkansas
Army
Maryland
Texas A&M
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/20/10 04:42 PM
tick, tock....tick, tock...

Time is running out for Cobie to post his picks! Will he make it in time? Stay tuned...same bat time, same bat channel to find out! laugh
North Carolina
Wisconsin
Virginia Tech
Stanford
Iowa
Uconn
Arkansas
ND
Florida State
Texas A&M
Whew...11:45 and I suddenly realized I had to make my picks!

Being the stubborn guy I am, I picked Uconn and ND even though both really will have to pull off some magic to win.
So Far...

Week 12
NC State @ North Carolina....State
#6 Wisconsin @ Michigan.....Wisconsin Wisconsin won
#14 Virginia Tech @ #24 Miami.....Miami VT won
#7 Stanford @ California.....Stanford Stanford won
#8 Ohio State @ #21 Iowa.....Ohi Ohio won
U Conn @ Syracuse.....Syracuse
#13 Arkansas @ #22 Mississippi State.....Arkansas
Army @ Notre Dame.....Army
Florida State @ Maryland.....woof, both kinda dogs... FS
#9 Nebraska @ #18 Texas A&M....Texas
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/21/10 10:32 PM
Overall, this was one of our best weeks as a group. Congrats to both Lance and Cobie for their impressive 80% results!

Lardy 6 of 10 - 60%
Rick 7 of 10 - 70%
Vee 6 of 10 - 60%
Cobie 8 of 10 - 80%
Lance 8 of 10 - 80%

Cobie - 46 of 80 = 58%
Rick - 51 of 90 = 57%
Vee - 47 of 90 = 52%
Lardy - 42 of 79 = 53%
Lance - 42 of 70 = 60%
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/21/10 10:33 PM
Here's the newest AP Poll...

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (37)
* 2.Auburn (13)
* 3.Boise St. (10)
* 4.TCU
* 5.Wisconsin
* 6.LSU
* 7.Stanford
* 8.Ohio St.
* 9.Alabama
* 10.Oklahoma St.
* 11.Michigan St.
* 12.Arkansas
* 13.Virginia Tech
* 14.Oklahoma
* 15.Missouri
* 16.Nebraska
* 17.Texas A&M
* 18.South Carolina
* 19.Nevada
* 20.Arizona
* 21.N.C. State
* 22.Florida St.
* 23.Utah
* 24.Iowa
* 25.Mississippi St.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/21/10 10:48 PM
Here are the games to study for this week. Please note that the Texas v Texas A&M game is the traditional Thanksgiving game and therefore picks must be in before the start of that game on Thursday at 8 pm! Lots of rivalry games on the schedule this week which makes it even tougher usually so good luck!

Week 13
#17 Texas A&M @ Texas ~ THURSDAY
West Virginia @ Pitt ~ FRIDAY
#2 Auburn @ #9 Alabama ~ FRIDAY
#20 Arizona @ #1 Oregon ~ FRIDAY
#3 Boise State @ #19 Nevada ~ FRIDAY
#18 South Carolina @ Clemson
#22 Florida @ Florida State
NC State @ Maryland
#6 LSU @ #12 Arkansas
#14 Oklahoma @ #10 Oklahoma State
Woo hoo. Back to my winning prognostication ways.

Me likey.

Carolina destroyed Troy as well, but that was to be expected.

Next week, if it isn't on the list, Carolina Vs. Clemson.... Pickin' Carolina. I know, I'm leadin' with my heart on this, but so what. We're ranked, we've been putting things back together as a team after a couple of hard losses. Think we should take it. So, if it isn't on the docket, its my suprise pick of the week.
Well now, thats embarrasing. It'll teach me to look at the posts above, wont it.

Bad me. Bad me.

Week 13
#17 Texas A&M @ Texas ~ THURSDAY Tough one, Gimme A & M
West Virginia @ Pitt ~ FRIDAY....WV
#2 Auburn @ #9 Alabama ~ FRIDAY.... Auburn but hopin' for Bama
#20 Arizona @ #1 Oregon ~ FRIDAY.... O Re gone fer da win
#3 Boise State @ #19 Nevada ~ FRIDAY.... Boise
#18 South Carolina @ Clemson .... Heh. Carolina
#22 Florida @ Florida State ..... Flo ridda'
NC State @ Maryland ..... NC State
#6 LSU @ #12 Arkansas ... Arkansas
#14 Oklahoma @ #10 Oklahoma State.... Oklahoma
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/22/10 01:38 AM
And here are the BCS standings for Week 13...

Bowl Champ. Series

* Oregon
* Auburn
* TCU
* Boise St.
* LSU
* Stanford
* Wisconsin
* Ohio St.
* Oklahoma St.
* Michigan St.
* Alabama
* Arkansas
* Oklahoma
* Missouri
* Nebraska
* Virginia Tech
* Texas A&M
* South Carolina
* Nevada
* Utah
* Arizona
* Florida St.
* N.C. State
* Iowa
* Mississippi St.
Since the chances of me screwing up and not picking Thursday are very high, I'll do the Thursday game now and get to the rest shortly.

I'm calling Texas in an upset over Texas A&M. Based on this past weekend and just feeling like Texas will pull this one together because they have to.

(FYI, I love Texas A&M because of those awesome traditions and cult-like dedication to it's football, so I actually would prefer if they won).
Congrats on a good week Cobie! Good thing you got those picks in on time!

Week 13
#17 Texas A&M @ Texas --------------- Texas A&M
West Virginia @ Pitt ---------------- Pittsburgh
#2 Auburn @ #9 Alabama -------------- Auburn
#20 Arizona @ #1 Oregon ------------- Oregon
#3 Boise State @ #19 Nevada -------- Boise
#18 South Carolina @ Clemson -------- South Carolina
#22 Florida @ Florida State --------- Florida
NC State @ Maryland ---------------- Maryland
#6 LSU @ #12 Arkansas --------------- LSU
#14 Oklahoma @ #10 Oklahoma State --- Oklahoma State
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/23/10 07:48 PM
I really should let someone else select the games each week. I always come up with some very hard matches and then make it worse by picking wrong! shake

#17 Texas A&M @ Texas ~ THURSDAY - I would normally pick Texas at home but they really don't seem to have their act together at all this year. A&M on the other hand seems to be hitting on all cylinders. Vee's pick ~ A&M Aggies

West Virginia @ Pitt ~ FRIDAY - No one in the Big East seems to want to step up and claim the championship this year! Vee's pick ~ West Vitginia

#2 Auburn @ #9 Alabama ~ FRIDAY - There's only one choice here if I want to stay on Kippers good side smile Vee's pick ~ Alabama in the upset of the year.

#20 Arizona @ #1 Oregon ~ FRIDAY - Much as I would like to see it turn out differently... Vee's pick ~ Oregon

#3 Boise State @ #19 Nevada ~ FRIDAY - Nevada has been having one heck of a year but Boise is the real deal. Vee's pick ~ Boise State

#18 South Carolina @ Clemson - Hate to pick between these two because guys on here are true fans of both. Vee's pick ~ South Carolina because they've been more consistent all year

#22 Florida @ Florida State ~ The Seminoles are the better eam this year without a doubt. Yet it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to the Gators in this one. You can never tell how this will play out. Vee's pick ~ Florida State

NC State @ Maryland ~ Both teams have been surprises this year but the Wolfpack has a much more solid defense. Vee's pick ~ NC State

#6 LSU @ #12 Arkansas - Another one that could go either way. I think I have to go with home field on this one. Vee's pick ~ Arkansas

#14 Oklahoma @ #10 Oklahoma State - Never thought I would ever get the chance to actually say this...Vee's pick ~ Oklahoma State Cowboys for the win!
Yeah, I am feeling really unsure about my picks this week, Vee. I got pretty lucky last week; we'll have to see if my luck holds out. Really doubting it....
Texas A&M
West Virginia
Alabama
Oregon
Boise State
Clemson
Florida
Maryland
Arkansas
Oklahoma State
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/27/10 05:21 PM
Wow! Those were some great games yesterday. Auburn/Alabama and Boise/Nevada went the wrong way for me but they were lots of fun to watch.
You got that right, Vee. I thought Bama was gonna run away with it...but I (and the Tide) got a big surprise!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/29/10 05:11 AM
Hee are this week's results...

Lardy 5 of 10 - 50%
Rick 7 of 10 - 70%
Vee 6 of 10 - 60%
Cobie 1 of 10 - 10% (or 1 of 1 depending on how you look at it laugh )
Lance 5 of 10 - 50%

Cobie - 47 of 81 = 58%
Rick - 58 of 100 = 58%
Vee - 53 of 100 = 53%
Lardy - 47 of 79 = 53%
Lance - 47 of 80 = 59%

Congrats to Rick for going 7 of 10!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/29/10 05:12 AM
Here's the new AP Poll...

AP Top 25

* 1.Oregon (36)
* 2.Auburn (23)
* 3.TCU (1)
* 4.Wisconsin
* 5.Stanford
* 6.Ohio St.
* 7.Michigan St.
* 8.Arkansas
* 9.Boise St.
* 10.Oklahoma
* 11.LSU
* 12.Virginia Tech
* 13.Nebraska
* 14.Nevada
* 15.Missouri
* 16.Oklahoma St.
* 17.Alabama
* 18.South Carolina
* 19.Texas A&M
* 20.Florida St.
* 21.Utah
* 22.Mississippi St.
* 23.West Virginia
* 24.Northern Illinois
* 25.Hawaii
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/29/10 05:13 AM
And the Week 14 BCS rankings...

Bowl Champ. Series

* Auburn
* Oregon
* TCU
* Stanford
* Wisconsin
* Ohio St.
* Arkansas
* Michigan St.
* Oklahoma
* LSU
* Boise St.
* Missouri
* Nebraska
* Oklahoma St.
* Virginia Tech
* Alabama
* Nevada
* Texas A&M
* South Carolina
* Utah
* Florida St.
* Mississippi St.
* Arizona
* West Virginia
* Northern Illinois
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 11/29/10 05:23 AM
And here are the ten games to consider for this week. All games are on Saturday and while there are a couple of conference championship games some other match ups are less prominent, so study up and get your pick posted before noon on Saturday!

Week 14
Rutgers @ West Virginia
Pitt @ Cincinnati
Southern Methodist @ Central Florida
U Conn @ South Florida
#1 Oregon @ Oregon State
#2 Auburn @ #18 South Carolina
Washington @ Washington State
#11 Florida State @ #13 Virginia Tech
#16 Nebraska @ #10 Oklahoma
USC @ UCLA
Guess I'll get my picks in now...

Week 14
Rutgers @ West Virginia ------------------ West Virginia
Pitt @ Cincinnati ------------------------ Cincinnati
Southern Methodist @ Central Florida ----- Central Florida
U Conn @ South Florida ------------------- South Florida
#1 Oregon @ Oregon State ----------------- Oregon
#2 Auburn @ #18 South Carolina ----------- Auburn
Washington @ Washington State ------------ Washington
#11 Florida State @ #13 Virginia Tech ---- Virginia Tech
#16 Nebraska @ #10 Oklahoma -------------- Oklahoma
USC @ UCLA ------------------------------- USC
Week 14
Rutgers @ West Virginia...WV
Pitt @ Cincinnati....Pitt
Southern Methodist @ Central Florida....SM
U Conn @ South Florida.... SF
#1 Oregon @ Oregon State....Oregon
#2 Auburn @ #18 South Carolina...Hate to say it...Auburn. But, Go Cocks!
Washington @ Washington State....WS
#11 Florida State @ #13 Virginia Tech... VT
#16 Nebraska @ #10 Oklahoma....OK
USC @ UCLA...USC
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/02/10 09:19 PM
Here are mine...

Week 14
Rutgers @ West Virginia ~ Vee's pick - WVU
Pitt @ Cincinnati~ Vee's pick - Pitt
Southern Methodist @ Central Florida~ Vee's pick - UCF
U Conn @ South Florida~ Vee's pick - USF
#1 Oregon @ Oregon State~ Vee's pick - Oregon
#2 Auburn @ #18 South Carolina~ Vee's pick - Auburn
Washington @ Washington State~ Vee's pick - Washington
#11 Florida State @ #13 Virginia Tech~ Vee's pick - Virginia Tech
#16 Nebraska @ #10 Oklahoma~ Vee's pick - Oklahoma
USC @ UCLA~ Vee's pick - USC
Um, Vee, did you notice that you didn't pick a winner in the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game?
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/03/10 10:04 PM
Originally posted by lancesrealm:
Um, Vee, did you notice that you didn't pick a winner in the Pittsburgh/Cincinnati game?
Thanks! That's what happens when you try to do important stuff at work and keep getting interrupted by customers and employees! wink
Actually, with the exception of that game, you and I have identical picks.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/04/10 02:55 AM
And the only difference between me and rick is that I took UCF over SMU. Hope we're all right on the others! laugh
Actually, Rick picked Washington State over Washington too. Still, nobody seems to be taking big risks this week.
West Virginia
Pitt
Central Florida
South Florida
Oregon
Auburn
Washington
Virginia Tech
Oklahoma
UCLA
We've all been burned. Pick a risky one, and the favorite wins. Pick the favorite number one team in the country, and they go out and get beat by Bob's Burger University and Egg Scramble Emporium.
West Virginia - big victory over Marshall has them riding high

Pitt

Central Florida

Uconn - bowl game here we come

Oregon

Auburn

Washington

Virginia Tech

Nebraska

UCLA
Cobie, I wanted to pick Nebraska, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.
It's def the toughest pick, and my head is telling me OK but my gut is telling me the Cornhuskers. Since everyone went with the Sooners, this can really help or hurt me!

Should be a solid game though! I was with some OK alumni this week and they were all really excited the schedule led to this great game at seasons end.
I guess it is too late to change my Pittsburgh/Cincinnati guess...

Mostly, that was wishful thinking, being from the Cincinnati area.
^Hey, I'd certainly have a better score if I didn't pick Clemson every time! smile
Looks like I ain't gonna get to see the game. It comes on at 4 and I have to take the boy to Sumter, SC to go to the christmas lights at Swan Lake (not the play, the actual Swan Lake and Iris Gardens). Its a family tradition and this year they picked the day that the game is on.

I expect hella good luvvin' fer givin up the only champeenship game I may ever see for SC.
Glad I missed it now. Lord a'mighty.
Well, I just did a quick check, and if I counted right, we all did 80% except for Vee who did 90%.

I watched the Oklahoma/Nebraska game last night - I have never been so disappointed to have a correct pick. *sigh*
Same here, Lance. I was really hoping Carolina would have it's shit together, but nope. Still, we got a lot of major firsts this year. First win over Florida in the swamp, first over a #1 ranked team. First consecutive years win over Clemson in decades. First time to have a reciever and running back both over 1,000 yards in the same season.

I think we have the makings. A better O line would be a big help for next year.
So Vee, how'd we wind up?
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/07/10 04:02 AM
Here are the results for the final week of of the regular season....

Hee are this week's results...

Lardy 8 of 10 - 80%
Rick 8 of 10 - 80%
Vee 9 of 10 - 90%
Cobie 8 of 10 - 80%
Lance 8 of 10 - 80%

Cobie - 55 of 91 = 60%
Rick - 66 of 110 = 60%
Vee - 62 of 110 = 56%
Lardy - 55 of 89 = 62%
Lance - 55 of 90 = 61%

By the way, I just discovered that Lardy's average from last week was incorrect. It should have been 60%, not 53% as is posted. Sorry Lardy!
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/07/10 04:08 AM
And so another regular season of college football comes to an end. Congrats to Lardy for ending up with a combined 62% but you all were really neck and neck. That one week when i went 0 for 10 really did me in! (Still can't believe I actually did that! eek )

So only the Bowl Season remains!

Question: Do you want to pick bowl games like last year (either broken down into two groups of 10 match ups, with the first group coming from the best of the pre-New Years games and the other with the major bowls or just one massive 35 bowl pick em) or let it be?

You tell me whether you want to go on or not.
Go ahed and pick some bowl games, Vee!
I'm just one game behind Lardy? Bring on the Bowl games!
Congrats to Lardy on winning the regular season! It's amazing at how close we all are! Within 1-2% of each other.

It just is impossible in college football to predict above 70%, IMO.
I honestly can't believe I won!?!?! Didja double check your figs, Vee? shrug

In any case I'm game for a Bowl Edition. I'm a little cautious because this was planned and posted last year but fell off the radar during the holidays somehow. 'Long as we're all-in, I am, too.
Well, I tied for third, but all of us did a better average than a lot of the "professional" prognosticators that the "big networks" use.

Good job to everyone.

yeah, if you wanna go the bowl's, cool.
Oh, wow, I just realized how close this was. Cobie and Rick are each (essentially) just one game behind me, and Lardy is just one game ahead of me. It's still anybody's game, with the possible exception of Vee, with that crappy week he had. Bring on the Bowl games, and extra good luck to Vee! (And our thanks for doing such a great job running this game!)
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/12/10 01:42 PM
Okay guys, here's the first group of Bowls to review and pick. Good luck. Second group will be posted next. These picks must be posted before the start of the first game on 12/18!

Bowl Picks - Group 1
New Mexico Bowl 12/18 Albuquerque, NM - BYU v UTEP
Humanitarian Bowl 12/18 Boise, Idaho - Northern Illinois v Fresno State
New Orleans Bowl 12/18 New Orleans, LA - Ohio U v Troy
Beef O'Brady Bowl 12/21 St. Petersburg, FL - Southern Miss v Louisville
MAACO Bowl 12/23 Las Vegas, NV - Utah v Boise State
Poinsettia Bowl 12/23 San Diego, CA - Navy v San Diego State
Hawaii Bowl 12/24 Honolulu, HI - Hawaii v Tulsa
Little Caesars Bowl12/26 Detroit, MI - Florida International v Toledo
Independence Bowl 12/27 Shreveport, LA - Air Force v Georgia Tech
Champs Sports Bowl 12/28 Orlando, FL - West Virginia v NC State
Insight Bowl 12/28 Tempe, AZ - Missouri v Iowa
Military Bowl 12/29 Washibgton DC - East Carolina v Maryland
Texas Bowl 12/29 Houston TX - Illinois v Baylor
Alamo Bowl 12/29 San Antonio, TX - Oklahoma State v Arizona
Armed Forces Bowl 12/30 Dallas, TX - Army v SMU
Pinstripe Bowl 12/30 New York City, NY - Kansas State v Syracuse
Music City Bowl 12/30 Nashville, TN - North Carolina v Tennessee
Holiday Bowl 12/30 San Diego, CA - Nebraska v Washington
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/12/10 01:44 PM
And here's the second set. Deadline for posting your picks is the start of the first game on New Years Eve. Good luck everyone!

Bowl Picks - Group 2
Meineke Bowl 12/31 Charlotte, NC - South Florida v Clemson
Sun Bowl 12/31 El Paso, TX - Miami v Notre Dame
Liberty Bowl 12/31 Memphis, TN - UCF v Georgia
Chick-fil-A Bowl 12/31 Atlanta, GA - South Carolina v Florida State
Ticket City Bowl 1/1 Dallas, TX - Northwestern v Texas Tech
Outback Bowl 1/1 Tampa, FL - Florida v Penn State
Capital One Bowl 1/1 Orlando, FL - Alabama v Michigan State
Gator Bowl 1/1 Jacksonville, FL - Mississippi State v Michigan
Rose Bowl 1/1 Pasadena, CA - Wisconsin v TCU
Fiesta Bowl 1/1 Tempe, AZ - U Conn v Oklahoma
Orange Bowl 1/3 Miami, FL - Stanford v Virginia Tech
Sugar Bowl 1/4 New Orleans, LA - Ohio State v Arkansas
GoDaddy.com Bowl 1/6 Mobile, AL - Middle Tenn v Miami (Ohio)
Cotton Bowl 1/7 Arlington, TX - LSU v Texas A&M
BBVA Compass Bowl 1/8 Birmingham, AL - Pitt v Kentucky
Fight Hunger Bowl 1/9 San Francisco, CA - Nevada v Boston College
BCS Championship 1/10 Glendale, Az - Auburn v Oregon

***Thanks for catching my mistake Lance!
Wow. That's some mighty fine picken's there, Vee.

Gonna take a day or two to get all these.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/15/10 09:56 PM
Okay, I'll start things off so I can watch the clock and worry whether Cobie will get his picks in on time! laugh

Bowl Picks - Group 1
New Mexico Bowl 12/18 Albuquerque, NM - BYU v UTEP Vee's pick ~ BYU

Humanitarian Bowl 12/18 Boise, Idaho - Northern Illinois v Fresno State Vee's pick ~ Fresno State

New Orleans Bowl 12/18 New Orleans, LA - Ohio U v Troy Vee's pick ~ Troy

Beef O'Brady Bowl 12/21 St. Petersburg, FL - Southern Miss v Louisville Vee's pick ~ Louisville

MAACO Bowl 12/23 Las Vegas, NV - Utah v Boise State Vee's pick ~ Boise State

Poinsettia Bowl 12/23 San Diego, CA - Navy v San Diego State Vee's pick ~ Navy

Hawaii Bowl 12/24 Honolulu, HI - Hawaii v Tulsa Vee's pick ~ Hawaii

Little Caesars Bowl 12/26 Detroit, MI - Florida International v Toledo Vee's pick ~ Florida International

Independence Bowl 12/27 Shreveport, LA - Air Force v Georgia Tech Vee's pick ~ Air Force

Champs Sports Bowl 12/28 Orlando, FL - West Virginia v NC State Vee's pick ~ NC State

Insight Bowl 12/28 Tempe, AZ - Missouri v Iowa Vee's pick ~ Missouri

Military Bowl 12/29 Washibgton DC - East Carolina v Maryland Vee's pick ~ Maryland

Texas Bowl 12/29 Houston TX - Illinois v Baylor Vee's pick ~ Baylor

Alamo Bowl 12/29 San Antonio, TX - Oklahoma State v Arizona Vee's pick ~ Oklahoma State

Armed Forces Bowl 12/30 Dallas, TX - Army v SMU Vee's pick ~ SMU

Pinstripe Bowl 12/30 New York City, NY - Kansas State v Syracuse Vee's pick ~ Kansas State

Music City Bowl 12/30 Nashville, TN - North Carolina v Tennessee Vee's Pick ~ North Carolina

Holiday Bowl 12/30 San Diego, CA - Nebraska v Washington Vee's pick ~ Nebraska
New Mexico Bowl 12/18 - BYU
Humanitarian Bowl 12/18 - Fresno State
New Orleans Bowl 12/18 - Ohio U
Beef O'Brady Bowl 12/21 - Southern Miss
MAACO Bowl 12/23 - Boise State
Poinsettia Bowl 12/23 - Navy
Hawaii Bowl 12/24 - Hawaii
Little Caesars Bowl 12/26 - Toledo
Independence Bowl 12/27 - Georgia Tech
Champs Sports Bowl 12/28 - West Virginia
Insight Bowl 12/28 - Iowa
Military Bowl 12/29 - Maryland
Texas Bowl 12/29 - Illinois
Alamo Bowl 12/29 - Oklahoma State
Armed Forces Bowl 12/30 - Army
Pinstripe Bowl 12/30 - Syracuse
Music City Bowl 12/30 - North Carolina
Holiday Bowl 12/30 - Nebraska
I seriously considered "forgetting" to make my picks, since many of these games are just too close to call. That's hardly in the spirit of the game though, so off we go...

(checks watch...will Cobie make it? Should we make that the bonus pick?)

Bowl Picks - Group 1
New Mexico Bowl 12/18 Albuquerque, NM - BYU v UTEP --------BYU
Humanitarian Bowl 12/18 Boise, Idaho - Northern Illinois v Fresno State ----------- Northern Ill
New Orleans Bowl 12/18 New Orleans, LA - Ohio U v Troy ------ Troy
Beef O'Brady Bowl 12/21 St. Petersburg, FL - Southern Miss v Louisville ----------- Louisville
MAACO Bowl 12/23 Las Vegas, NV - Utah v Boise State ------ Boise State

Poinsettia Bowl 12/23 San Diego, CA - Navy v San Diego State -------- San Diego State
Hawaii Bowl 12/24 Honolulu, HI - Hawaii v Tulsa --------- Hawaii
Little Caesars Bowl12/26 Detroit, MI - Florida International v Toledo ----- Toledo
Independence Bowl 12/27 Shreveport, LA - Air Force v Georgia Tech --------- Air Force
Champs Sports Bowl 12/28 Orlando, FL - West Virginia v NC State --------- West Virginia
Insight Bowl 12/28 Tempe, AZ - Missouri v Iowa --------- Iowa
Military Bowl 12/29 Washibgton DC - East Carolina v Maryland ------ Maryland
Texas Bowl 12/29 Houston TX - Illinois v Baylor ----------- Baylor
Alamo Bowl 12/29 San Antonio, TX - Oklahoma State v Arizona ----------- OK State
Armed Forces Bowl 12/30 Dallas, TX - Army v SMU --------- SMU
Pinstripe Bowl 12/30 New York City, NY - Kansas State v Syracuse --------- Syracuse
Music City Bowl 12/30 Nashville, TN - North Carolina v Tennessee -------- North Carolina
Holiday Bowl 12/30 San Diego, CA - Nebraska v Washington --------- Nebraska
Rick hasn't posted either? He's usually the first one...
Sorry, guys. Santa came early by bringing a puppy and the last couple of days have been insane.

Beef O'Brady Bowl 12/21 St. Petersburg, FL - Southern Miss v Louisville ... SM
MAACO Bowl 12/23 Las Vegas, NV - Utah v Boise State Boise
Poinsettia Bowl 12/23 San Diego, CA - Navy v San Diego State ... Navy
Hawaii Bowl 12/24 Honolulu, HI - Hawaii v Tulsa ....Hawaii
Little Caesars Bowl12/26 Detroit, MI - Florida International v Toledo...Toledo
Independence Bowl 12/27 Shreveport, LA - Air Force v Georgia Tech.....GT
Champs Sports Bowl 12/28 Orlando, FL - West Virginia v NC State.... NC State
Insight Bowl 12/28 Tempe, AZ - Missouri v Iowa...Iowa
Military Bowl 12/29 Washibgton DC - East Carolina v Maryland...Maryland
Texas Bowl 12/29 Houston TX - Illinois v Baylor.... Illinois
Alamo Bowl 12/29 San Antonio, TX - Oklahoma State v Arizona ... Oklahoma where the beers go flyin down the drain...
Armed Forces Bowl 12/30 Dallas, TX - Army v SMU... SMU
Pinstripe Bowl 12/30 New York City, NY - Kansas State v Syracuse ...Syracuse
Music City Bowl 12/30 Nashville, TN - North Carolina v Tennessee.... Aw hell, make it NC
Holiday Bowl 12/30 San Diego, CA - Nebraska v Washington.... Nebraska
And here's the second set. Deadline for posting your picks is the start of the first game on New Years Eve. Good luck everyone!

Bowl Picks - Group 2
Meineke Bowl 12/31 Charlotte, NC - South Florida v Clemson...Hate to say it...SF
Sun Bowl 12/31 El Paso, TX - Miami v Notre Dame... Miami
Liberty Bowl 12/31 Memphis, TN - UCF v Georgia...Georgia
Chick-fil-A Bowl 12/31 Atlanta, GA - South Carolina v Florida State ....Woof...Think Steve is hungry...Go Cocks!
Ticket City Bowl 1/1 Dallas, TX - Northwestern v Texas Tech ...NW
Outback Bowl 1/1 Tampa, FL - Florida v Penn State... Penn
Capital One Bowl 1/1 Orlando, FL - Alabama v Michigan..... Ala
Gator Bowl 1/1 Jacksonville, FL - Mississippi State v Michigan.... Michigan
Rose Bowl 1/1 Pasadena, CA - Wisconsin v TCU...TCU
Fiesta Bowl 1/1 Tempe, AZ - U Conn v Oklahoma.... Oklahoma
Orange Bowl 1/3 Miami, FL - Stanford v Virginia Tech... Stanford
Sugar Bowl 1/4 New Orleans, LA - Ohio State v Arkansas... Ohio
GoDaddy.com Bowl 1/6 Mobile, AL - Middle Tenn v Miami (Ohio)... Who? I have no thoughts on this one... Miami
Cotton Bowl 1/7 Arlington, TX - LSU v Texas A&M... LSU
BBVA Compass Bowl 1/8 Birmingham, AL - Pitt v Kentucky... Pitt
Fight Hunger Bowl 1/9 San Francisco, CA - Nevada v Boston College...Nev
BCS Championship 1/10 Glendale, Az - Auburn v Oregon ... Oregon
Um, guys (possibly gals, I am making the sexist assumption that everyone playing here is male)...

Capital One Bowl 1/1 Orlando, FL - Alabama v Michigan
Gator Bowl 1/1 Jacksonville, FL - Mississippi State v Michigan

Michigan plays twice in one day? This can't be right...is one of them supposed to be Michigan State?
Bowl Picks - Group 2
Meineke Bowl 12/31 Charlotte, NC - South Florida v Clemson ----- Clemson
Sun Bowl 12/31 El Paso, TX - Miami v Notre Dame ---------------- Miami
Liberty Bowl 12/31 Memphis, TN - UCF v Georgia ----------------- Georgia
Chick-fil-A Bowl 12/31 Atlanta, GA - South Carolina v Florida State - South Carolina
Ticket City Bowl 1/1 Dallas, TX - Northwestern v Texas Tech --------- Texas Tech
Outback Bowl 1/1 Tampa, FL - Florida v Penn State ------------ Florida
Capital One Bowl 1/1 Orlando, FL - Alabama v Michigan State -------- Alabama
Gator Bowl 1/1 Jacksonville, FL - Mississippi State v Michigan ----- Miss State
Rose Bowl 1/1 Pasadena, CA - Wisconsin v TCU -------------- TCU
Fiesta Bowl 1/1 Tempe, AZ - U Conn v Oklahoma ------------ Oklahoma (suspected blowout)
Orange Bowl 1/3 Miami, FL - Stanford v Virginia Tech ------- Stanford
Sugar Bowl 1/4 New Orleans, LA - Ohio State v Arkansas -------- Ohio State
GoDaddy.com Bowl 1/6 Mobile, AL - Middle Tenn v Miami (Ohio) ---- Miami (Ohio)
Cotton Bowl 1/7 Arlington, TX - LSU v Texas A&M -------- tough one...LSU
BBVA Compass Bowl 1/8 Birmingham, AL - Pitt v Kentucky ---------- Pitt
Fight Hunger Bowl 1/9 San Francisco, CA - Nevada v Boston College ------ Nevada
BCS Championship 1/10 Glendale, Az - Auburn v Oregon ----- wow, this should be good, but I suspect a blowout, so...Auburn
I checked...Alabama plays Michigan State, not Michigan.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/21/10 11:35 AM
Thanks for catching that one Lance. Fixed it on yhe original list.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/30/10 11:13 AM
Just realized I still hadn't posted my picks for the second group so here they are...

Bowl Picks - Group 2
Meineke Bowl 12/31 Charlotte, NC - South Florida v Clemson ~ Vee's pick: Clemson (though I think USF has a real shot at winning)

Sun Bowl 12/31 El Paso, TX - Miami v Notre Dame ~ Vee's pick: Miami! Go 'Ganes!

Liberty Bowl 12/31 Memphis, TN - UCF v Georgia ~ Vee's pick: Georgia

Chick-fil-A Bowl 12/31 Atlanta, GA - South Carolina v Florida State ~ Vee's pick: South Carolina

Ticket City Bowl 1/1 Dallas, TX - Northwestern v Texas Tech ~ Vee's pick: Texas Tech

Outback Bowl 1/1 Tampa, FL - Florida v Penn State ~ Vee's pick: Florida

Capital One Bowl 1/1 Orlando, FL - Alabama v Michigan State ~ Vee's pick: Alabama

Gator Bowl 1/1 Jacksonville, FL - Mississippi State v Michigan ~ Vee's pick: Mississippi State

Rose Bowl 1/1 Pasadena, CA - Wisconsin v TCU ~ Vee's pick: very tough choice - TCU

Fiesta Bowl 1/1 Tempe, AZ - U Conn v Oklahoma ~ Vee's pick: Oklahoma

Orange Bowl 1/3 Miami, FL - Stanford v Virginia Tech ~ Vee's pick: Stanford

Sugar Bowl 1/4 New Orleans, LA - Ohio State v Arkansas ~ Vee's pick: Arkansas

GoDaddy.com Bowl 1/6 Mobile, AL - Middle Tenn v Miami (Ohio) ~ Vee's pick: Miami (OH)

Cotton Bowl 1/7 Arlington, TX - LSU v Texas A&M ~ Vee's pick: Texas A&M

BBVA Compass Bowl 1/8 Birmingham, AL - Pitt v Kentucky ~ Vee's pick: Pitt

Fight Hunger Bowl 1/9 San Francisco, CA - Nevada v Boston College ~ Vee's pick: Nevada

BCS Championship 1/10 Glendale, Az - Auburn v Oregon ~ Vee's pick: Oregon
how we doin' so far?
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 12/31/10 02:29 PM
Working on it...I'll let you know a little bit later today.
Meineke Bowl 12/31 Clemson

Sun Bowl 12/31 Notre Dame

Liberty Bowl 12/31 Georgia

Chick-fil-A Bowl 12/31 South Carolina

Ticket City Bowl 1/1 Texas Tech

Outback Bowl 1/1 Florida

Capital One Bowl Alabama

Gator Bowl 1/1 Mississippi State

Rose Bowl 1/1 Wisconsin

Fiesta Bowl 1/1 Oklahoma

Orange Bowl 1/3 Stanford

Sugar Bowl 1/4 Arkansas

GoDaddy.com Bowl 1/6 Miami (Ohio)

Cotton Bowl 1/7 LSU

BBVA Compass Bowl Pitt

Fight Hunger Bowl 1/9 Nevada

BCS Championship 1/10 Auburn
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 01/01/11 10:05 AM
Here are the results for Group 1 of the Bowl games...

Lardy 9 of 18 - 50%
Rick 8 of 15 - 53%
Vee 10 of 18 - 56%
Lance 12 of 18 - 67%

And the overall standings so far are as follows:

Cobie - 55 of 91 = 60%
Rick - 72 of 125 = 58%
Vee - 72 of 128 = 56%
Lardy - 64 of 107 = 60%
Lance - 67 of 108 = 62%
Wow, go lance. My choices sucked assssterisk.

I cut off the SC game after about eight minutes. I just couldn't take it anymore.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 01/02/11 04:56 AM
Wow, go lance. My choices sucked assssterisk.

I cut off the SC game after about eight minutes. I just couldn't take it anymore.
How do you think I felt watching Miami?

frown
Wow...really? I guess I have the advantage of having graduated from Xavier. They haven't lost a football game since the '70s, I think. Of course, they don't have a football team, so I'm not tempted to pick my alma mater.

Just let me say...poor Michigan State. Also, it was a sad day for the Big Ten.
Posted By: Vee Re: LegionWorld College Gameweek - 2010-2011 - 01/11/11 08:10 AM
Here are the results for Group 2 of the Bowl games...

Lardy 12 of 17 - 71%
Rick 10 of 17 - 59%
Vee 10 of 17 - 59%
Lance 13 of 17 - 77%

And the final standings so the year are as follows:

Cobie - 55 of 91 = 60%
Rick - 82 of 142 = 58%
Vee - 82 of 145 = 57%
Lardy - 76 of 124 = 63%
Lance - 80 of 125 = 64%

Congrats to Lance and LArdy for terrific piks throughout the bowl season ... especially in group 2!

And this years winner with a 64% accuracy rating is Lance!

(Hope you all had fun. Look forward to taking you all on again next year! Vee)
Ah well, it all shakes out in the end. Vee, ya ran a great game. Thanks for all your work, and I will be back next year, barring the unforeseen to play yet another round.
I'm pretty proud of how things shook out for me this year: won the regular season and predicted 71% of the Group 2 bowls? Not bad at all, I'd say! I guess I spend so much time watching Sports Center and listening to ESPN Radio that I learn a few things here and there. College Football is so big that it's hard to have more than a passing familiarity with many of the programs! I probably could have done even better if I'd picked against Clemson a few times.

Congrats to Lance! (and "boo" to Cobie for disappearing for the bowls! tease )
By the way, I did pretty well last year the last time standings were announced (before things stalled out for bowl season):

After fourteen weeks here are the standings:

Lardy 65% (84/129)
rickshaw1 62% (62/100)
Cobie 60% (66/110)
Vee 59% (82/140)
I guess I won last year, huh? Like I said, I'm pretty mystified by my success! shrug
Good Championship, btw. The defenses really dictated the game, surprisingly. At times it seemed like Auburn should've blown Oregon out. But Oregon's tenacious defense and Cam Newton missing some key throws made for a tight and engaging game.

Not crazy, though, about the game hinging on that call of the Auburn player not being called down. I realize the knee never touched the ground, but only because the Oregon player was under him. He was in the grasp and control, and he was down. It's fairly likely that Auburn would've been able to continue and score, anyway, but that play didn't feel right.
You did good. Don't waste time being mystified, just enjoy.
© Legion World